Unfinished Beezneez - 18ck's Pac Man Challenge

18ck

[Just to be awkward, my 6 week challenges are out of sync with everyone else's. This challenge started in the middle of Week 4 of the Apr 15-May 27 challenge and will go on to the middle of this challenge, after which I will continue with this bad boy, bringing me to the end of two challenge in this 6 week period. Mm, I know, it's unnecessarily complicated but... *shrug*]

I'm on light duties so here are my goals for this period:

gallery_6311_12_100263.jpg

1. Eat stuff: 

I think I eat pretty sensibly for slow weight loss but with no exercise this is going to be a problem so I will be counting calories, logging daily on MFP. Counting calories isn't me at all but it'll be a learning experience and I'll learn a bit about food in the process I think. I reserve the right to stop if I get bored and cease learning but the aim will be to restrict my calories to something south of the recommended 2500 1600 Kcals a day so that I keep my weight at or below its current 12st 1lb, and success or failure will be judged on that alone [+2 CON, +2 CHA]

Progress so far:

*ahem* Mixed... Without the chance to run and leap about like a gazelle, weight loss is reduced to just not eating stuff. Self-denial is not really my thing and with no exercise I am struggling to keep my calories down. I wish I could say, with my hand on my heart, that I have been eating lots of healthy protein to aid a speedy recovery but as time goes on I'm afraid, no, I have been losing focus massively, starting to feel like the wheels have come off the motivation bus and part of me doesn't really give a shit any more. Please feel free to administer internet arse-kicks because I need them.

2. Move around the maze:

Start walking as soon as able and keep active even though I can't do anything properly taxing.[+1 STR, +1 CON, +2 STA]

Progress so far:

Aces... I've recovered from the op much quicker than I expected. I am now walking well, cycling and swimming. I can manage a light jog but I'm in no hurry to start pushing the limits. I'm aiming for one exercise period per day AT LEAST, consisting of one of the above, and I'll be starting to run again in earnest in week 3 of this 6 week period.  I've read the "basic" section of "Pilates for Men" and I'm now planning to put that into effect when I get back to my pre-operation self.

3. Evade monsters:

Visit the Physio and do what he - and the Doc - tell me to do without fail. [+1 DEX, +1 WIS]

Don't be melodramatic or fish for sympathy. Maintain relaxed, non-idiot, non-nutter demeanour throughout and don't be difficult [+1 WIS]

Progress so far: 

Well, I haven't been fishing, which is good. I have managed not to do anything foolish too. No, I have not deadlifted any zebras. I promised myself I would make a physio appointment last week and I haven't done that yet.

4. Impress Miss Pac Man:

And how will I do that you ask? Well what impresses a pixelated babe more than learning portuguese? So that's what I'll be doing. I have started reading a translation of one of my favourite books - Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut - and I'll make sure I finish that during this challenge among various other things I'll be doing. [+2 WIS, +2 CHA]

Progress so far:

Um... well, I've been doing a lot. I'm not really on course to finish but I've had a lot of fun reading it every day and also doing other relevant stuff like doing portuguese treasure hunts for 18ckette, having exchanges in portuguese by text message, making portuguese jokes on twitter and testing my language skills on market traders. I'm not really on target to hit the stated goal though. Oh well, I'd better pull my socks up: I'm really enjoying the feeling of reading pages a proper book in foreign and I've ordered about 10 more books to read next - ranging from comic books about the life of Pessoa through Brazilian crime novels to a translation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone!

Power Pills - turn those monsters blue:

Do some Librivox Recording (Not done - and probably relegated to a later challenge)

Get to grips with "Squeak" and do some programming games with 18ckette (Not done either - we are making daleks instead and it's going pretty well so far... well, not bad considering how hopeless I am at that sort of thing!)

First Draft of a Software project I'm working on (doing!)

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I'm so glad you're back!  I was depressed at the noticeable absence of an 18ck challenge-starting-thread.  Woohoo!!!!

:^) Thanks. I didn't realise I was so late!

Welcome back 18ck, you'll get back to being more active! Well done on a fantastic last challenge writing too, thank you!

Thanks, I enjoyed your haikus last time too. maybe I will do one in iambic pentameters next*!

Right well anyway, LFDT**!

(*=I'll have to google them first though)

(**=Let's Fervently Do This!)

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Welcome back fellow scout champion! glad to have you here. Just to remind you, we are not giving up on you!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Welcome back fellow scout champion! glad to have you here. Just to remind you, we are not giving up on you!

:^)

And in your case, shouldn't it be "chimpion"?

#chimpsarenotmonkeysklaxon #jokefail

Googled now iambic pentameter Here is the link, now I have a headache: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iambic_pentameter As you can see I didn't learn so much Except I can count to ten syllables

Ok, I can go as far as sonnets, just don't expect me to post often... or ever! 

german

monkey scout

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Yay! I'm glad you're here :)  I hate the doctor visits, so good on you for going and doing what they tell you to. 

ps we love your complicated self :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Except I can count to ten syllables

Cool! Your syllable counting PB was 7 before wasn't it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ok, I can go as far as sonnets, just don't expect me to post often... or ever! 

Ok, check - no monkey sonnets! My favourite poetic form is the clerihew ( http://www.gigglepoetry.com/poetryclass/clerihew.htm ) but it doesn't really lend itself to being used in challenges!

Sudden urge to try one:

Scout leader Hammi

Starts to feel clammy

If her run is taken

Without first eating bacon.

Not bad for a spur of the moment job.

Yay! I'm glad you're here :)  I hate the doctor visits, so good on you for going and doing what they tell you to. 

ps we love your complicated self :)

Thanks - and I hope you don't mind the clerihew ;^)

Doing ok today:

I'm just inside my calorie limit

qytemuju.jpg and now finding myself craving another nectarine but may have to settle for a raw Brussels sprout.

I've done 4.6 miles today, mainly on a bike, egging on Mrs 18ck while she did her tempo run. I've booked a physio appointment for Friday morning and done some light core exercises. Now just my Portuguese to do and I can go to bed a happy man!

Happy man is a good state, much better than grumpy man from a couple of days ago. Good for you (and Mrs. 18ck and 18ckette).

german

monkey scout

@german Yep and I didn't even eat the sprout. That's how badass I am.

Sudden urge to try one:

Scout leader Hammi

Starts to feel clammy

If her run is taken

Without first eating bacon.

Not bad for a spur of the moment job.

*cheers* bravo!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

*waves at Shortstuff* Hello!

LOL, bravo! *claps laughing*

Sir 18ck

a spot of cricket did play

All the scouts were happy

At his prose they did clappy!

*chortle* I see I've been outclerihewed! If I knew what a petard was I would say I'd been hoist(ed?) by it!

@hammi :^)

@sifter thanks!

@shortie glad to have you aboard! I know what you mean about subscribing; I usually follow the whole guild and try to at least keep up with everyone's progress but it's not looking manageable this time is it? Only so many hours in the day!

Sorry for the gloomy first post everyone. It's interesting how stating goals can make things seem so much more manageable - I'm feeling a lot more upbeat now.

@hammi :^) @sifter thanks! @shortie glad to have you aboard! I know what you mean about subscribing; I usually follow the whole guild and try to at least keep up with everyone's progress but it's not looking manageable this time is it? Only so many hours in the day! Sorry for the gloomy first post everyone. It's interesting how stating goals can make things seem so much more manageable - I'm feeling a lot more upbeat now. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Look on the bight side, the scouts might actully have a change to take over the world at the rate we're going

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines