What Do You Wear to Workout?

Synthetics. Cotton just absorbs sweat and stays wet. So when I go running I wear an Under Armor shirt and pair of athletic shorts. I also bought a few pair of ExOfficio boxer briefs that are synthetic stay dry. They are wonderful to wear under workout gear, or just in general.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Since I'm just getting started with a regular fitness routine, I keep it pretty basic with a pair of men's athletic shorts because I hate the way women's ones fit right now and a basic t-shirt. Eventually I'll upgrade to some sweat-wicking gear. Even when I'm strength training, I wear my running shoes and insoles because my feet and ankles will hate me if I don't

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

STR:2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 |

CON: 4 | WIS:7.5 | CHA:2.5 |

| Female | 5'3" | 180lbs | Southpaw |

Strive for progress, not perfection. - Unknown

Battle Log | Personal Blog | Current Challenge

I just wear high school gym shorts and a ratty old t-shirt. I feel kinda self-conscious going outside to run in that getup, but oh well -- I'm fine with the material, and the workout's getting done no matter what I wear. :)

Running shoes, on the other hand, I should probably start looking into...

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

I wear yoga pants, a sports bra, and a wife beater-style ribbed tank top. I get really hot, but I don't sweat a whole lot (I sweat, but not shirt-soaking sweat) so cotton doesn't bother me.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

A speedo, and I'm not kidding about that... All the clothing a guy ever needs to go swimming.

Then on lifting days it's Champion running shorts and loose fitting tank top.  Then just the shorts to go for a run.  As little clothing as possible = most comfortable workout ever.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Booty shorts! Or longer spandex shorts with running shorts on top. Sports bra, and (usually) racerbank tank. I have quite a few cotton ones which kind of sucks but at least I'm not in them for ages. I do have a couple of other kinds of tanks/shirts I wear, including synthetics.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

(it's not a thread without Mir, I-Jo and cline...)

booty shorts always unless I'm outside and it's below 50. 

tightest tank ideally in bamboo blend.  I hate cotton for workout and would rather chalk my entire body than wear it for squatting (although I have).  I hate most synthetic tops now.  I just love the bamboo. 

I've been wearing a lululemon tank thing to lift and that's kind of nice.  Am debating another one. 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I would love to get some Under Armour sometime. That said, I'm reminded of the time my brother prank-called some of the athletes at his school, pretending to be a representative from UA. He told them he was conducting a survey of customers, and if they answered all his questions they would get free gear. They were so foaming at the mouth in anticipation that it took them awhile to relaize it was a joke. Mean, but funny.

oooh bamboo- super nice for sure.

<3 me bamboo too.

Just so expensive!!!!  Target long and lean- love em. Live in them.

If I work out at home- I wear as little as possible (depending on the roommate situation though)- He's sent me scrambling for clothes more than once when he came home early from work!!!!

I wear a tshirt and some athletic shorts (I have UA ones, they stretch just a bit which is really useful for me) - by the end of 3 sets of the BBWW the shirt is soaked though.  If I'm riding my bicycle (full word for Jo's benefit) then its biking shorts and a tshirt.  

I've been thinking about getting some UA shirts, but they are just so damn expensive and I'll be pissed if they suck and I wasted my money and I'll also be pissed if they are awesome and I have to buy a bunch more.  Ignorance is bliss!

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo

spandex under armor boxers, athletic shorts and spandex/synthetic tighter shirt.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Athletic shorts, that's it, and only because I'm worried about wifey popping in and ninja punching the garage door open button before locking me out. I'd probably get rid of those some days if not. Working out at home has it's benefits.

I would not actually get rid of the athletic shorts. For squats I throw a t-shirt on but now that it's summer and we're getting 80 degree days, I'll soak through that in 15 minutes out in the garage with a good squat session, then ditch it for the rest of the workout. I workout barefoot as long as it's not freezing.

In the winter I add sweatpants, a permananet t-shirt that I keep on the whole time, a sweatshirt, and wool socks. Depending on how much the garage warms up with me in there, the sweats will work their way off.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Bathing suits mostly because my workouts are always in the pool - high-intensity water aerobics class.  Karate dogi for Aikido on Thursdays.  Capri length yoga pants, sports bra, tank top and runners for pretty much anything else.

6th kyu in Aikido

I write stuff in my spare time

I love Star Trek