Fellowship of the nerds.Report for duty!!

Hey Jess, I'm Jason.  Looking forward to kicking ass as a group (group ass kicking?) during this challenge!

I'll link my goals here for easy access.  Please take a look and critique the hell out of them!  The more input the better.

Level 1 Viking Adventurer

Str 2 | Dex 2 | Sta 2 | Con 2 | Wis 3.5 | Cha 4.5

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"  Boondock Saints

Level 1

Well to be honest it looks pretty good, I wouldn't change anything, they seem like really good goals.you can have a look at my goals and feel free to tell me what needs changed. group ass kicking sounds......interesting

My six week challange thread. Check it out and let me know how your challange is going!!!!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29651-my-first-challange-jessiejnz/

Just joined up :) Glad to have a group together to take care of business! All my stuff is linked in my signature box ('cause no lie, even online I can be lazy.. lol)

My husband says he's an NPC for this 6 week challenge, so we'll see how well that works out. He's not a very good quest hub, that's for sure >.<

"Even if you don't make it all the way, those last 10 seconds of trying and not getting anywhere - that's where you gain the most strength." - Jessie Graff

Jess, I just saw your topic and I love that you're trying to get your husband on board. Mine is a pretty slow process, and he's stubborn. I know how it can feel when they're just not as into it as you are. Your goals look fantastic, I should probably write up a list of my own long-term goals so I have something I can shoot for too (other than the standard "lose weight/gain muscle/be fabulous")

Jason, your goals look terrific :) You've got a definite plan in place, and it makes it that much easier to follow through when you know where you're going every step of the way.

"Even if you don't make it all the way, those last 10 seconds of trying and not getting anywhere - that's where you gain the most strength." - Jessie Graff

Jess, I just saw your topic and I love that you're trying to get your husband on board. Mine is a pretty slow process, and he's stubborn. I know how it can feel when they're just not as into it as you are.

Oh my lord it is like pulling teeth with mine lol. but whatever he will just have a hot wife lol. thats awesome we are talking about kicking butt and you pic is about kicking butt

My six week challange thread. Check it out and let me know how your challange is going!!!!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29651-my-first-challange-jessiejnz/

Hello All, 

I just joined and am pretty nervous for this challenge. I'm trying the accountability group again because it seems to make the challenges easier, got to love supporting and being supported. :) 

My challenge thread is here.

Jason - Your challenge looks good and you have pretty SMART goals. Are you cold turkeying your soda goal? 

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hey Emmie.

Just read your goals.how far can you run now without stopping??? your water goal is a great one I always have my waterbottle with me and I know I have to drink 6 bottles a day to get the min needed (there is only one down side, I think you can guess that)

Hello All, 

I just joined and am pretty nervous for this challenge. I'm trying the accountability group again because it seems to make the challenges easier, got to love supporting and being supported. :) 

My challenge thread is here.

Jason - Your challenge looks good and you have pretty SMART goals. Are you cold turkeying your soda goal? 

Yeah, I've actually had success in the past going that route.  If I find myself having trouble with the cold turkey I'm going to try either flavored or flavored and carbonated water to fool myself into thinking it's soda.  I'll hit that goal, either by hook or by crook.

Also, I really like how your goals are focusing on enjoying what you've gained from putting the work into previous challenges and what you can do to improve that enjoyment.  It seems like a lot of us are new to the challenges so having someone on the team who has experienced a few will be a huge help.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"  Boondock Saints

Level 1

Jess, your goals look great!  Our workout goal is pretty similar so I'll definitely be leaning on you for some support.  Are you going to the gamification (stat points) with your goals?

Annabelle, I really like the way you wrote up your goals.  I don't know much about body fat percentages either.  Maybe you could share what you find out with us?  Next time around I'm going to take a page out of your book and incorporate an activity I enjoy and tie it to one of my goals. 

Emmie,  great goals as well!  What type of fiction do you write?  Please let me know about the Zombie Run app; if you say it's good I might incorporate it into the next challenge.

Level 1

Hi Joyce welcome :)

Make sure to keep us updated on how your push ups are going.

Annabelle, you will have to share some of your paleo lunch ideas for work as I need some new ideas lol

I should post a few recipes a week :) I posted up a gazpacho recipe on my introductory post linked in my signature box. I think that'll probably be lunch Wednesday through Friday! I wish I could put my little mini crock pot to work while I'm at work.. I might start making my lunches overnight in the crock pot and bring them instead of trying to make them that morning. I saw a neat shrimp and chicken gumbo that, instead of pouring over rice I plan on pouring on collard greens or something that sounds so good!

Annabelle, I really like the way you wrote up your goals.  I don't know much about body fat percentages either.  Maybe you could share what you find out with us?  Next time around I'm going to take a page out of your book and incorporate an activity I enjoy and tie it to one of my goals. 

Thanks! I bought a pair of body fat calipers at GNC this weekend. I haven't actually tried them out yet (mornings are supposed to be the best, or so I've read) so I might see about pinching myself tomorrow morning and even if I don't post the numbers just yet I'll at least post them at the end of the challenge. They were only $18, so if they're worth the investment I'll surely pass it along :)

Yeah, I've actually had success in the past going that route.  If I find myself having trouble with the cold turkey I'm going to try either flavored or flavored and carbonated water to fool myself into thinking it's soda.  I'll hit that goal, either by hook or by crook.

Also, I really like how your goals are focusing on enjoying what you've gained from putting the work into previous challenges and what you can do to improve that enjoyment.  It seems like a lot of us are new to the challenges so having someone on the team who has experienced a few will be a huge help.

Thanks. Last challenge I lost interest and feel apart. I seem to have something different happen each challenge so I'm positive this one will be a win for me. :) 

For your water, you should try adding in frozen fruit. The frozen fruit adds some flavor, keeps your water cool and gives you something to munch on. 

Spoiler

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hi everyone! 

I am Suzi.

So glad to see things are happening here!  I am also very nervous about the challenge, but I am willing to give it my ALL. 

Feel free to give input in my goals :)

Looking forward to kicking butt with all of you!

Level 2 Half-Elf Druid

STR 2 | DEX 6 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 8.5 | CHA 3.5

1st challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30386-faery-face%E2%80%99s-1st-challenge/

2nd challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33600-faery-faces-round-2-grounding-myself/

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. ~ Colin Powell

Welcome Suzi!

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

Jess, your goals look great! Our workout goal is pretty similar so I'll definitely be leaning on you for some support. Are you going to the gamification (stat points) with your goals?

yeah I will be doing the same to you.and stat points????

Annabella: gumbo over greens sounds awesome!!!!

Jonesy: love the frozen furit idea might have to try that one myself

Hi Suzi how has the first day and a half been?? lol

Jess, here's information about Real Life Roleplaying and how to incorporate it into the challenge.  It's not mandatory but, to me at least, it's an extra incentive to do well.

Level 1

Hey Emmie.

Just read your goals.how far can you run now without stopping??? your water goal is a great one I always have my waterbottle with me and I know I have to drink 6 bottles a day to get the min needed (there is only one down side, I think you can guess that)

Good question!  I don't know lol!  I started Zombies, Run 5km which trains you slowly - it is a walk, then run, the walk interval training, so I am not sure how far I can go just start on jogging yet.  I tend to be super competitive with myself and know if I don't start with this program then I will run too hard and get shin splints or something awful.  I'm hoping by the end of the 6 weeks that won't be a problem!!!!

Jess, your goals look great!  Our workout goal is pretty similar so I'll definitely be leaning on you for some support.  Are you going to the gamification (stat points) with your goals?

Emmie,  great goals as well!  What type of fiction do you write?  Please let me know about the Zombie Run app; if you say it's good I might incorporate it into the next challenge.

I like to write fantasy fiction, but it has been a very long time.  I can't wait to start back into it (and I will! By the end of this week!).  The Zombies, Run! app is amazing, you have certain missions to complete, and at the end of the mission (which often involves zombies chasing you) you collect items along the way, and return to your base camp to upgrade your base camp.

I'm not the far yet - I'm doing the Zombies, Run 5km app (separate app, by the same creators) which trains you slowly - right now I am doing walk, run, then walk interval training to build myself up to a full run.  It is a good way to learn how to run, build muscle, and protect yourself from injury.  If you are already a runner though I would suggest bypassing the 5KM app.  It also links to a website that shows you your distance (if you use the gps on your phone) and keeps track of your stats, which is pretty neat.  You know, besides the obvious awesomeness of running away from zombies!

Hi all!

Jess, I am from sunny (but cold at the moment) South Africa and live close to Pretoria on a farm on this mountain (http://www.google.co.za/imgres?q=de+wildt&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=574&tbm=isch&tbnid=3HeiuDIMmanUaM:&imgrefurl=http://www.driveout.co.za/trails/de-wildt-4x4-game-park/&docid=ruusrcN7JdXl6M&imgurl=http://www.driveout.co.za/sites/default/files/user11/DO15_G_DeWildt_2.jpg&w=470&h=313&ei=oQyvUZnJJaWR7AbmvYGwBA&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:8,s:0,i:101&iact=rc&dur=898&page=1&tbnh=173&tbnw=249&start=0&ndsp=12&tx=171&ty=104).  This is about 4 km form the “Ann van Dyk Cheetah Centreâ€.

My first two days was great thanx.  Had a grueling Tae Bo exercise session today.  I stretched and meditated yesterday, and I ate really well, especially considering that I always have the munchies in winter. I also didn’t buy some things I usually do, to tighten up my belt to get to that debt payment.

I am going to do some walking on the mountain this afternoon if it’s not too dark when I get home. 

How are you guys doing? What are your plans to get to where you want to be?

Level 2 Half-Elf Druid

STR 2 | DEX 6 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 8.5 | CHA 3.5

1st challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30386-faery-face%E2%80%99s-1st-challenge/

2nd challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33600-faery-faces-round-2-grounding-myself/

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. ~ Colin Powell

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines