Lil' Kitsune - Round two... Fight

Cue Mortal Kombat music!

Now that's stuck in your head (and mine), let's get down to business. 

New challenge, new opportunities!

The last six week challenge was my first and I still am a little disappointed in terms of results. I would have liked to have seen fewer pounds on the scale, few inches on the tape and fit into the smaller jeans that are stashed at the bottom of the drawer.

BUT! I did improve on my rep for BBW workout, joined the walk to Mordor and immersed myself in the awesome community that is NF. 

I call that a huge win.

I keep telling the impatient part that I didn't end up in this round shape overnight, over a month, even over a year. It's going to take work, patience and perseverance. 

Goals for this challenge:

1. Track all food on MFP every day of the challenge. Even if it puts me over the 'goal' of the day. No cheats!  I will be accountable for everything I eat.

(+2 CON, +2 WIS) 

2. Walk at least 12 miles towards Mordor per week. Accupedo used to track mileage. Carry-over goal from previous challenge: Keep up with BBW workout 3 times a week.

(+3 STA, +2 STR)

3. Level up Primal diet to Paleo diet. Primal diet is going pretty well, I have little issue sticking to it. Dairy will be hard for me to let go of (omg, cheese!), so I'm going to do it slowly: Week 1, have one Paleo day; Week 2, have two Paleo days, etc, all the way to six day during Week 6.

(+2 STA, +2 CON, +1 WIS)

4. Fix up my resume and make sure my all three of my profs have a copy they can share with associates. Start exploring job options. There are about 10 weeks left in my program, I have to find a real job after that. Making this part of the challenge so I won't leave it to the last minute.

(+2 WIS, +2 CHA)

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

Off to a good start! 

Primal day, went for walk with the dog earlier, another 4.7 miles to Mordor walked. 

Level 2 Kitsune Adventurer

STR: 6 / DEX:  2 / STA: 4.5 / CON:  7.75 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 2.5

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Mini-Challenges Complete: MC#1,#2 +.5 CHA&WIS, +1 CON

Inventory: Fire Flower Power Up

Current Challenge

I love starting off with the Mortal Kombat song...great inspirational music haha...might need to add it to my workout mix.

Good luck on your goals!  I like the ease of going into Paleo, sometimes going cold turkey (or is it cold cheese in this case) can be very hard.

Also, what kind of work do you do/looking for?  

Ian Fin 8 - Lvl 1 Slow Mutant Rebel

Current Challenge - Attempting the Dark Tower: Part 1
Accountabilibuddies - Browncoats

"I'm an important person you see. I have a tower."  Valentine - "MirrorMask"

Week 1 Progress:

Food tracked: 2/7

Primal days: 1.8/6 (There may have been some fries with lunch, but they weren't awesome)

Paleo day: 0/1

Miles walked: 4.7/12

BBW workout: 1/3

Resume job hunt: I thought about it some...

Odin8, I'm studying accounting full-time at the moment, working part-time as an AP/AR clerk. I would like a full-time junior accountant position, as I'm hoping to pursue an accounting designation.

Ben-Ro, I'll be following along with you there, too! Samoyed puppies are ridiculously cute, though that pic is an arctic fox. It was too cute to resist.

LegoLady45, I welcome a fellow fan of Lego with open arms! 

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

Ben-Ro, I'll be following along with you there, too! Samoyed puppies are ridiculously cute, though that pic is an arctic fox. It was too cute to resist.

Well, I stand corrected. haha  Sure looks like a samoyed!

On an semi-unrelated note, Fun Fact:  The Arctic Foxes is the name of my buddy's fantasy football team and was their flag football team name in college.   :nevreness:

Been MIA/lurking. The latter half of this week has just been full of suck. Between school, work, tests, homework, unpleasant weather and feeling generally awful, this week hasn't gone according to plan. Thankfully, it's the weekend and I can regroup and carry forward.

I have mostly stuck through with food, though have been a bit lax on the exercise. I did get some walking in, but haven't done BBW since Tuesday. Getting back on that tomorrow. If I get one done tomorrow morning and the another Sunday evening, it shouldn't  hit me too hard and I'll be back on track for 3x a week (week being Mon-Sun). It's a good plan. 

I gave food the 'mostly' stamp as I made the perilous mistake of grocery shopping while hungry. Mostly that meant buying extra strawberries, but I was really craving butter chicken. I figured a jar of sauce was a better and cheaper option than getting takeout. 

That plus a chicken breast, onion, a head of cauliflower and a can of water chestnuts end up being dinner last night and lunch today. Still some more leftover though. Not perfect, but could be worse. 

Delicious BLT salad for dinner with avocado and H/M creamy honey mustard dressing (olive oil mayo, dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice). Probably strawberries for dessert. Yum yum yum.

Week 1 Progress Update:

Food tracked: 5/7

Primal days: 4.2/6 (Hitting about 80% primal this week)

Paleo day: 0/1 (Planned for Saturday)

Miles walked: 4.7/12

Resume job hunt: Still thinking about it...

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

Shopping while hungry is awful.  I did it yesterday but went there with very specific items in mind.  A lot of times if I'm in the store hungry, and that store has a salad bar, I'll use that as my 'impulse buy'.  I can stay healthy but still feel like I'm breaking the rules by not following my list.

Way to (mostly) stick with your diet! Next week, you're gonna kill it!  And be sure to get those workouts in this weekend!  You're doing great!

Week 1 Progress Update:

Food tracked: 6/7

Primal days: 4.2/6 (Hitting about 80% primal this week)

Paleo day: 1/1 Done! 

Miles walked: 13.4/12

BBW workout: 2/3

Resume/Job hunt: Still thinking about it...

Successful paleo day. Very yummy dinner of steak, tomato, avocado and fried onions and mushrooms. Now I want dessert... maybe I should try to find something paleo before I cave to ice cream or something.

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

Week one results:

Week 1 Progress Update:

Food tracked: 6/7

Primal days: 5/6 (Hitting about 80% primal this week)

Paleo day: 1/1 Done! 

Miles walked: 13.4/12

Resume/Job hunt: Still time

The first week ended with being invited over to my parents' place for dinner, so I wasn't quite able to get the last BBW workout in and I kinda slacked off on food tracking for the latter part of the day. Dinner was mostly on track, had a small spoonful of potatoes and rhubarb crisp with ice cream for dessert. Not dwelling on the misses.We can't be perfect all the time and I now have something to improve on this week. 

Walk planned for tonight, just letting phone and ipod charge a bit. Cooking Italian chili for dinner: real Italian sausages (no filler or sugar in them), tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, herbs and shredded zucchini cooked together until hot. Makes plenty of leftovers and if I can resist putting parmesan cheese on it, nicely paleo. Two paleo days to hit this week, so that should help.

Week 2 Progress Kicked Off: (will update this bit before bed)

Food tracked: 0/7

Primal days: 0/5 

Paleo day: 0/2 

Miles walked: 0/12

BBW workout: 0/3

Resume/Job hunt: Progress to come.

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

Ben, it is really good and if you can get quality tomato sauce (no sugar, no soy, olive oil, 'real' food), it goes together even faster. 

My very basic recipe:

1 package of 6 italian sausages (the fewer ingredients, the better)

1tbsp EVOO

1 small onion, chopped

2 cloves of garlic, chopped

1/2lb of mushrooms, sliced

2 small zucchini, sliced or grated

1 can of diced tomatoes

1 jar of quality tomato sauce

Start cook sausages in a frying pan over medium heat, turn as needed. Heat EVOO in a large pot over medium head, add onions, cook until soft. Add garlic, zucchini and mushrooms, mix with onions and cook until the mushrooms and zucchini start releasing their water. Add tomatoes and sauce, mix well and let it simmer. If sausages are done, slice them up and toss them into the pot. Lower the heat and let the whole simmer for about 5 mins. Dish up and enjoy. Really good with parm on top, if you're having dairy. 

Totally flexible if you want to add other veggies, I'm sure peppers would be good for those that can eat them. 

Keeps in the fridge for about a week, I'm sure it would freeze well, but haven't tried it.

A bowl of 'chili' and half an avocado were dinner tonight.

Week 2 Progress Kicked Off: (will update this bit before bed)

Food tracked: 1/7

Primal days: 1/5 

Miles walked: 4.5/12

BBW workout: 0/3

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

Not a bad day, yay for easy food already cooked. Day 2 of the mini challenge done!

Week 2 Progress Update:

Primal days: 2/5 

Miles walked: 4.5/12

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

Blarg! Forum ate my first post, feeling a little too burned out to write it all out again. TFGIF...

Week 2 Progress Update:

Primal days: 5/5 

Miles walked: 13.2/12

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

Sounds like you have been doing well with your goals.  I might have to use the Italian 'chili' as well haha.

So you're a fellow accountant, awesome!  I've in accounting, tax accounting to be specific, for about 8 years now - so if there is any advice/help I can give, just let me know.

Ian Fin 8 - Lvl 1 Slow Mutant Rebel

Current Challenge - Attempting the Dark Tower: Part 1
Accountabilibuddies - Browncoats

"I'm an important person you see. I have a tower."  Valentine - "MirrorMask"

And I've been lazy about updating, again... I don't have any good excuses, but I will get caught up. 

Week 2 wrap up:

Food tracked: 6/7   Sunday was a bit of a loss on this one, breakfast out and then dinner at Mom's place

Primal days: 5/5      Was good during the week on this one

Paleo day: 0/2        This part didn't go so well, more details below

Miles walked: 13.2/12   Nice to see something on track

BBW workout: 2/3    Was overcome by laziness/job on Saturday, was going to do it on Sunday and then the day filled up

Resume/Job hunt:    I still have time!

Definitely need to rethink my paleo goal, doing it in stages seems to lead to 'I'll do it tomorrow' and the week gets away from me. So my new plan is to use up what dairy I have left by the end of the week and just go paleo through to the end of the challenge. I'll see how it goes from there. 

This week has gotten off to a decent start:

Week 3 Progress Update:

Primal days: 2/7 

Paleo day: 0/0 (going all out next week) 

Miles walked: 4/12

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

Week 3 Progress Update:

Primal days: 4.8/7 

Paleo day: 0/0 (going all out next week) 

Miles walked: 9.1/12

Tired, but happy it's the weekend, hoping to get caught up on some school stuff and maybe head downtown on Sunday with a friend.

First Challenge + MC#1&4

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines