Élan's Operation: Tab Takedown

Day 13 was strength day. I did 60 minutes of circuit training with hand weights. Day 14 was a running and strength day, so I ran 2.5 miles and then did an hour of a "yoga for strength" series. I'm totally counting it because it involved a lot of push ups. I thought I could avoid pushups entirely with yoga, but no luck!

Day 15 was really great. My last four runs had been only 2-2.5 miles (half of a Zombies Run 5k Trainer mission), but I stuck with it and completed a full mission yesterday for 4.3 miles. Before bed, I did some stretching and noticed improvements to my flexibility. I like yoga, but I thought I'd always be stiff and never be flexible. Now I'm realizing that I might be "bendy" with regular practice. :D

Level 2 Rebel
STR 5 | DEX 4 | STA 4 | CON 6 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4.5

Aspiring Assassin | 1 | Current

Good work!  Both with the running, and with yoga :)  I've noticed some pretty significant improvements in my flexibility, even in the short time I've been doing yoga.  When I started, I could get my fingertips on the floor, now I can almost always go down and put my palms flat.  Yay for improvements!  Keep it up!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Great work Elan! I never thought I'd be into yoga either (it's still growing on me), but the added bonus of flexibility helps a lot too! Also, congrats on completing a mission with the Zombie 5K app. 4.3 miles is a long way, keep it up!

Level 2 Human Adventurer

STR: 6 |  CON: 5.25

DEX: 1  |  WIS: 5.25

STA: 5.75  |  CHA: 4.5

My First Challenge

My Second (Current) Challenge

-Second Challenge Progress Blog

"Don't freak out until there is a reason to freak out." -My grandmother

Day 16 and Day 17 didn't feel so good. I've definitely been in a fitness slump lately. I've been eating a lot of junk (granola bars!) lately and not working out as much as I should be. I feel so much better when I give it my all.  

Day 18 was better. I only ran 2.25mi, but I ran at my fastest pace yet. I figured I should go for speed if I'm not going for distance. :) I ran the first mile in less than 10 minutes, something I always dreamed of doing in elementary school but never achieved. It feels good to see real improvement in my time. 

I'm still in "A" zone on all of my goals. I haven't done strength training this week, but I'm going to get my butt off the couch and do a session now. Tomorrow, I'll be letting Jillian Michaels kick my ass (with weights).  

Level 2 Rebel

Congrats hitting the under 10 minute mile mark. That's something I've always wanted to be able to do as well, maybe by the end of this challenge I'll be able to. Keep up the good work!

Level 2 Human Adventurer

STR: 6 |  CON: 5.25

DEX: 1  |  WIS: 5.25

STA: 5.75  |  CHA: 4.5

My First Challenge

My Second (Current) Challenge

-Second Challenge Progress Blog

"Don't freak out until there is a reason to freak out." -My grandmother

Thanks, Abbott! Now I better find my elementary school gym teacher and show her I can finally "run the mile" in less than 10 minutes.   :tongue:

Finally took my measurements again and I've lost another inch off my waist! Also lost an inch and a half off my hips. I hope that's not my ass disappearing! Better squat more! 

Edited to add: Gained +1 DEX from mini challenge #3!  

Level 2 Rebel

Hey Dominic.  It has almost successfully been banished. I am still clinging to my one per week. :D

Had a bad day yesterday... My husband and I have been trying to buy a house... we finally decided we want to go for it, then the bank says we will not qualify because we have not been living in the US long enough. :( I'm mega frustrated because we have the money and solid salaries.  I still feel terrible.  So I ATE ALL THE THINGS and went to sleep sad.

This morning, I got a message on Twitter saying a won a pair of Mizuno's new running shoes, the Wave Sayonara! Maybe the universe is trying to cheer me up.

Level 2 Rebel

Hey Dominic.  It has almost successfully been banished. I am still clinging to my one per week. :D

Had a bad day yesterday... My husband and I have been trying to buy a house... we finally decided we want to go for it, then the bank says we will not qualify because we have not been living in the US long enough. :( I'm mega frustrated because we have the money and solid salaries.  I still feel terrible.  So I ATE ALL THE THINGS and went to sleep sad.

This morning, I got a message on Twitter saying a won a pair of Mizuno's new running shoes, the Wave Sayonara! Maybe the universe is trying to cheer me up.

Well done on the Tab that's awesome :)

What a bummer about the loan, it's stressful enough buying a house never mind banks playing silly buggers. Can you try a different one? I suppose you already thought of that.

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines