Melry is doing it again

Melry

I'm back! Still finessing my goals, so this is a place holder until I finish ironing things out this evening. This go around is going to be less intense for me just because of so many things happening during the upcoming 6 weeks.

With a crazy 6 weeks ahead of me, I've decided to go low-key with my goals. Namely, I'm only making two that I feel will still be challenging but not overwhelm me to the point that I stop working on them. One will be a fitness goal and one will be a diet goal. I'm still figuring out what points I should use for this abbreviated challenge.

I'm not so concerned about having a life goal this time around because part of my 6 week craziness includes an actual vacation for once. Yippee!

Goal 1:  Walk a total of 40 miles over the course of the challenge. This is ten miles more than I did for the last challenge. I will break this down into a weekly goal of 6-7 miles per week, using Monday through Friday as my main walking days and Saturday and Sunday as make up days if needed. I will walk during my 10 minute work breaks, lunch breaks (when I get one) and after dinner in the evenings as often as possible. (Stamina 3, Constitution 2)

A= 40 or more miles

B= 30 – 40 miles

C= 20 – 30 miles

D= 10 – 20 miles

F= 0 – 10 miles

Goal 2: Track daily food intake for the duration of the challenge, with a grace of missing up to 5 days, and keep average weekly calorie intake between 1200 and 1400 calories per day as per my nutritionist's instructions. (Wisdom 3, Constitution 2)

A= 38 - 42 days

B= 30 - 37 days

C= 20 - 29 days

D= 10 - 19 days

F= 0 - 9 days

Not meeting my average for the week drops me one grade.

Human Adventurer, Level 3

STR 3.5 | DEX 1 | STA 7.5 | CON 8.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 2

First Challenge | Second Challenge | Third Challenge

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.  --William Jennings Bryan

Thanks rabies_R_us. That's excellent advice and I'm taking it to heart. I have edited my initial post with that in mind.

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.  --William Jennings Bryan

Good to see you're back for another Challenge, i like that you've kept it simple.

1200 cals is scraping the bottom of the number, that seems pretty low to me. I think 1400 to 1500 is more realistic.

Good luck :)

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

I absolutely agree with you Dominic, about 1400 to 1500 being more realistic. My nutritionist really didn't want me going over 1300 period, but after thinking about it and calculating things, I've decided 1400 makes a lot more sense.

Bummed I wasn't able to check in more often - like at all! - during this challenge, but life was just as crazy as I anticipated. So, as this challenge's final check in...

Goal 1 - Grade C, +1.5 Stamina, +1 Constitution

Only managed 28.4 miles. :( I was doing well at the beginning but the heat wave did me in.

Goal 2 - Grade C, +1.5 Wisdom, +1 Constitution

I tracked my food every single day, but my vacation pushed me over the net calorie range two weeks in a row before I got back to my normal kitchen routine.

Well, only average, but I didn't give it all up for lost. I'm glad I didn't do more than 2 goals or I would have totally flopped and given up completely. I only did beginning and ending measurements with an extra measurement day thrown in the middle because my sister wanted to know if I was still losing weight. All my measurements stayed pretty consistent with not more than a half inch variance from start to finish. However, I did lose 7 pounds. Considering how far I have to go on weight loss, I'm happy that I'm still losing weight gradually.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines