spezzy's back to awesome challenge!

spezzy

This is such legit work, spezzy! How's your recovery been with both going heavy and Met/Conning frequently? You're a regular Chris Spealler!

haha thank you! :)

only he can move quickly and im like. beyond super slow.

will get there though!

for recovery?

honestly, like. i eat a lot. a LOT. and i drink a LOT of water. easily 2 gallons a day.

i rest when my body tells me to.

i make a very conscious effort to do at least 20 minutes of stretching every day, and yoga at least once a week. i think that's just as important for recovery from lifting heavy as diet and rest.

there are some days when, sure, i could have gotten in one more rep or 5 more pounds if i had taken a day off before, but really, in the end im ending up stronger this way.

and honestly, i should be getting way more sleep than i am. (i'm at like. 6 hours a night now, need to get up to 8)

working on that!

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

this morning:

1. Skill

A. hanging in the hollow position

B. front lever progression

2. WOD

Amrap 12

run 100 meters with 50lb sandbag

10 push-ups

10 toes to bar

got 4 and my run and my pushups. finished my toes to bar anyways to finish the 5 rounds.

100% toes to bar that slow me down. rest of it was easy.

pushups are significantly easier than when i started CF in march, thats for sure.

oh, then i did 250mx4 rowing. kept it to 1:50 and under pace.

part of my 1000m a day crap that im forcing myself to do. ugh.

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Congratulations on the pull-ups and the downward dog! Such different accomplishments, but both so major. Yesterday's workout sounds crazy intense and involved. Do you do the toes-to-bars unbroken, or do you have to take breaks between them?

pushups are significantly easier than when i started CF in march, thats for sure.

I'm hoping I'll be able to say that someday. Mine still suck. I think I'm cheating because we do "Games-style" push-ups (hands up at the bottom) and mine wind up looking like I'm doing the worm instead of keeping my body aligned.

Congratulations on the pull-ups and the downward dog! Such different accomplishments, but both so major. Yesterday's workout sounds crazy intense and involved. Do you do the toes-to-bars unbroken, or do you have to take breaks between them?

I'm hoping I'll be able to say that someday. Mine still suck. I think I'm cheating because we do "Games-style" push-ups (hands up at the bottom) and mine wind up looking like I'm doing the worm instead of keeping my body aligned.

thanks! honestly, i know they're completely different, but i think all of the yoga has direct influences on how well i'm lifting (including pullups!)

toes to bar ive been having to take breaks purely because my hands are a total disaster right now, and it hurts to hold onto the bar.

for pushups, we do the hand release pushups 90% of the time. for me, i think that HELPS in the long run big time, as it ensures a full ROM. Also, I'm one to rest at the top of the pushup, instead of at the bottom, which is totally counterproductive. With the HR pushups, I rest at the bottom after I release my hands :)

ok, quick update from this morning's workout:

1. muscle-ups

Work your progressions

2. “Olivia”

amrap 20

7 deadlift@275/185

6 kb swings 2/1.5

5 hspu

4 muscle-ups

If you cant do Muscle-ups do 8 burpee pull-ups.

So, I did 8 burpee pullups :) (and partial HSPU, as I'm not at 100% on those yet for multiple reps)

did 6+7deadlifts.

(and then finished that round after a minute or two rest)

I definitely paced myself on this, and paced myself too slow. The last 2 rounds went very quickly. I could have kept going.

oh well, learning on this pacing myself thing. always learning.

I'm sort of with Crooked on this one, though on the other hand, a world without cake is a sad world, indeed. Also, the obligatory:

Posted Image

Spezzy, you mentioned forcing yourself to do 1000m ERG a day. How's that going? Rowing has been something I've been wanting to work into my routines more, but to be honest, on days after I bench sometimes my upper body is just shot. I know you're a bit of a lifting machine, so I wondered how it's felt throwing it in with everything else.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

I'm sort of with Crooked on this one, though on the other hand, a world without cake is a sad world, indeed. Also, the obligatory:

Posted Image

Spezzy, you mentioned forcing yourself to do 1000m ERG a day. How's that going? Rowing has been something I've been wanting to work into my routines more, but to be honest, on days after I bench sometimes my upper body is just shot. I know you're a bit of a lifting machine, so I wondered how it's felt throwing it in with everything else.

ha!

just started this week, so its going.

though i completely forgot today, but tomorrow's WOD is 100% rowing, so maybe I'll do it twice.

today was yoga day.

i met my psoas.

they're not happy with me now.

after work, i went to crossfit.

practiced muscleups and snatches, never went above 65lbs.

then i rowed. the wod was actually 500mx3, but i decided to do 250x10 instead.

i finished in 10 minutes of actual rowing. didnt keep track of rest time, but was probably equal to rowing time if not more.

1. front squat

Work to a heavy 1

did...

45x5

85x5

95x5

115x3

135x1

145x1

failed on 155 twice.

2. hang power clean

10 – 10 – 10 – 10

this will be the same weight for all 4 rounds

So find a weight that will be a challenge not impossible

rest 3 min between rounds

in those 3 min do a plank for as long as possible.

did 85lbs.

and i dont like planks. :)

oh, also.

going away for the weekend. trying to figure out of crossfit is a good idea tomorrow morning before i leave or if i should rest.

sunday, well. sunday involves something that yall will find out about when i get back.

it may or may not have to do with burpees.

easy actually.

i have a 32oz bottle i usually fill 3x at the gym in the morning.

Then I drink a gallon at work every day.

Then I drink another 2-3 32oz bottles at home/2nd gym of the day.

I just have it in front of me.

if it's there, I'll drink it.

I'm constantly thirsty.

ok so today at crossfit we did cindy.

cindy:

20 minute amrap

5 pullups

10 pushups

15 squats

my first cf workout was halfcindy, where i did jumping pullups, half knee pushups, and regular squats in a 10 minute amrap, to which i believe i got something like 7 rounds.

this time i did full pullups, regular pushups, and got 15 rounds + 5 pullups and 7 pushups.

i wanted 16, but i'll take this :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines