spezzy's back to awesome challenge!

spezzy

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume I misread that number. 1000 BURPEES? How did you DO that?

no, no you did not.

and the how was that i just kept going.

seriously.

it was 90% a mental game, only 10% physical.

You did 8 burpees a minute for over two hours????? Holy crap

Also, you look like a warrior in your first photo. :D

haha well. if you do the math like that, yes, but i mainly did sets of 10-15 and rested in between.

will hopefully have the video up by the end of the challenge.

and thats probably due to the helmet. viking helmets make everyone look like a warrior :)

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

k so.

off of work today (yay!)

crossfit:

thruster:

5@75%of90%1rm

3@85%of90%1rm

amrap@95%of90%1rm x 2

so 5@45

5@65

5@80

3@90

6@100

6@100

2. “just get your hip into it”

run 200

30 kb swings 2/1.5

10 sdhp 95/65

run 200

20 kb swings

20 sdhp

run 200

10 kb swings

30 sdhp

so second workout in the last week using a 1.5pood kettlebell (53 or 54lbs i think?). i like it.

going to go back and do more swings later.

took: 15:47

also, motivation to get up and get to the 6am class when i have a day off work, because its really hot at noon.

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

holycrap, 2000 posts? shit.

crossfit:

1. hang clean

3 – 3 – 3

@85% of your max

concentrate on your timing and mechanics

these were actually hang squat cleans, played around with them @95lbs.

2. “double deuce”

amrap 6

3 hang clean@135/95

3 hspu

rest 5 min

amrap 6

10 back squats@135/95

5 c2b pull-ups

exactly 6 rounds for the first, and then 4 rounds + 10 squats on the second.

i dont think i like doing back squats quickly.

Holy crap! 1000 burpees? You are crossfit LEGEND!

It reminds me of the video Knightwatch posted, about that guy Mikken who did 1000 burpees and regretted it. He couldn't workout for a week after but I think he finished it in 90 minutes, I just watched it the other day! He even said that like 6 of them attempted but only 3 finished, the other three just gunned for however many burpees in under 90 minutes. This is so crazy, I'm so happy for you! Keep up the good work womannn.

EDIT: Oh fudge, Mikken is the blacksmith in Game of Thrones. Mikko (Salo) is the guy from the video. HAHA MY BAD.

Girl!! You are amazing! 1000?! That's madness! Excuse the exclamation mark abuse, but I thought that it was necessary because the overwhelming awesomeness of your achievement.

I'm all pilates/yoga/running (with no running atm b/c of damaged feet), but every time I look at your challenge thread I want to start lifting heavy things. You're such an inspiration.

Level 0 Pixie

"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat or the sea" - Isak Dinesen

Holy crap! 1000 burpees? You are crossfit LEGEND!

It reminds me of the video Knightwatch posted, about that guy Mikken who did 1000 burpees and regretted it. He couldn't workout for a week after but I think he finished it in 90 minutes, I just watched it the other day! He even said that like 6 of them attempted but only 3 finished, the other three just gunned for however many burpees in under 90 minutes. This is so crazy, I'm so happy for you! Keep up the good work womannn.

EDIT: Oh fudge, Mikken is the blacksmith in Game of Thrones. Mikko (Salo) is the guy from the video. HAHA MY BAD.

haha oh pleaseeee.

i am so slow compared to people who are good at crossfit. i just do stupid things. :)

and that may or may not have been a video that started the "challenge spezzy to do 1000 burpees" back in january :)

he did it in like 80 minutes though, i took over 2 hours.

though i did take what he said about being out of training for a few days because of it and paced myself conservatively because of it. you guys know me, i cant be out of the gym for more than a day or two before i go stir crazy :)

Nope, I am talking about the starting photo you added. You look 100% business.

hahaha well anytime im taking photos of myself in the bathroom mirror i OBVIOUSLY mean business!

Girl!! You are amazing! 1000?! That's madness! Excuse the exclamation mark abuse, but I thought that it was necessary because the overwhelming awesomeness of your achievement.

I'm all pilates/yoga/running (with no running atm b/c of damaged feet), but every time I look at your challenge thread I want to start lifting heavy things. You're such an inspiration.

haha thank you! you know, i started lifting heavy because i had an injured foot... just sayin' :)

Spezzy = Beast

seriously can't wait for the video. I'm adding burpees into my next challenge dang it!

haha thank youuu! i strongly recommend AGAINST doing 1000.

seriously, it sucked :)

UNLESS! 1000 for the entire challenge!

yes. that would be a good one.

ok so.

today i slept through cf this morning, and missed yoga.

poo.

but i did make it to cf this afternoon.

worked on kipping pullups.

and then, we did annie, which is:

50-40-30-20-10 doubleunders/situps

i, of course, still cant do doubleunders, so i did singleunders.

only instead of his normal "triple the number" it was "add 100 to each". so it was:

150-140-130-120-110 for the jumprope, and still the 50-40-30-20-10 for situps.

It took me ... I think 12:45?

NEED TO GET DOUBLEUNDERS.

seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Sleep is important and good. Sometimes it's better to just do what your body needs than to try to push yourself and be counterproductive.

As for Annie - I don't know about you, but I am always SHOCKED at how slow I go on sit-ups. 50 doesn't sound like a crazy number, but they take me forever.

How has your double under practice been going?

i can actually make it through the situps pretty much unbroken, or with no more than 5 seconds rest in between sets of 10 or 25.

its the stupid doubleunders.

and my practice hasnt been happening, which is the problem, and mostly why im frustrated with myself that i havent gotten them.

need to start.

I got double-unders by doing the CF Games Open. First WOD: AMRAP 30 double-unders, 15 snatches in 10 mins. We had a week (and then it turned into 2 weeks) to do the WOD and put up a score, so another person at my gym and I went in early every day just to work on them. It's amazing what that kind of focus can do for a skill. Of course, our calves were all shot by the end of that two weeks, so still be careful, but if I could learn them, you can too.

If you can't fix it with squats and fish oil, you are probably going to die.

My 6-week Challenge

yeah, I remember that one - that was like my first week doing CrossFit.

I figured by now I'd have them done. My problem is that I enjoy lifting more, and I would rather practice that.

However, its time. I've been going twice a day now (in the morning for strength/WOD, in the afternoon for skill/strength) so maybe just make that skill doubleunders from now on. And days when I can't make it twice, just spend 10 minutes at home practicing.

so im pretty confident that the owner of my crossfit is trying to kill us.

and i love it.

today:

1. skill

power snatch

Work to a bit heavier than your WOD weight

worked up to 85, which is apparently my 1rm. which is interesting, because i can do 75x5. i think its a form/confidence thing.

2. WOD

7 rounds

7 power snatch @ 95/65

6 box jumps @ 30/26

5 burpee muscle-ups

If you can’t do burpee muscle-ups sub 10 burpee pull-ups, 10 push-ups

so yes, i had to do 10 burpee pullups and 10 pushups.

and you know what my body was not ready for after 1000 burpees?

burpee pullups and 26" box jumps.

First time doing the 26" box jumps - was happy with them, but they were slow. At least there were only 6 of them each round!

the FIRST round of the pullups/pushups were hard. The rest of it went pretty quickly (the snatches were all in one set every round except for the last two, where i had to chalk halfway through because I was so covered in sweat that the bar was sliding around. sexy, I know. and the box jumps were all in a row, just... slow)

final time: 29:39.

shit.

i need to get double unders too! my form is perfect on singles. just can't seem to get any unbroken doubles. boooo.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

haha thank youuu! i strongly recommend AGAINST doing 1000.

seriously, it sucked :)

UNLESS! 1000 for the entire challenge!

yes. that would be a good one.

Next challenge... post ^ this challenge <3 I'll totally sign up to do it!

just did some quick math... oh lord... but I'm STILL in!

1000/6 weeks = 166.67 burpees per week

166.67 burpees per week / 7 days = 23.81 burpees per day~!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines