Eboncat - back to basics

Eboncat

I had too  much going on last challenge and lost track.  I'm going to stay very basic here.  Part of my challenge this time will be a week smack in the middle of it that I'll be in Hawaii with my parents, in-laws, sisters and their kids (my hubby and kid too).  So I don't want to be to complicated and blow it there.

1.  Continue working out 5x/week or more.  Weights (dumbbells) 2x/week, run 2x/week, some other workout 1x/week (insanity, bike ride, whatever).  Not sure what I'll do for weights in  Hawaii - maybe substitute body weight workouts.  Get that planned by end of 2nd week.  Goal is to drop 2% bodyfat by end of challenge - current 20%.  +2STR, +2STA.  If I get to 18% or lower (and stay there), +1CHA.

2.  Get back to drinking 2L water per day, at least 5 days per week.  It'll be harder now since they took our water cooler away at work and all I have handy is lukewarm tap water unless I plan ahead.  This is also to help drop bodyfat %. +2CON, +1CHA

3.  Stay off the computer after work until after the kid goes to bed.  Find something for kid and me to do together at least twice a week.  And then computer only 1/2 hour, unless Hubby is playing his video games or doing computer work himself.  +3WIS, +1CHA

4. Pretty up the outside of the house.  Spend at least 2 hours each week (average ok) trimming, weeding, getting the veggie garden going (want to have this done by end of this Sunday).  Make a plan with hubby of other outside projects that need to be done this summer by end of June.  +2DEX, +1WIS.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

Hey EC, found you, you sneaky kitty!  I love your goals for this challenge, we're all going back to the basics it seems, but that's a good thing.  You need a solid foundation to make it through the long haul.  I really like your third goal :D  Time to rock this!

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

BC, glad you found me, didn't realize I was hiding!  :)   My third goal - Hubby and I had a long talk last week, I've been spending way too much time on the computer after I get home from work and he felt I was ignoring them.  I felt awful - I hadn't even realized just how much time it was taking until he said something.  So I'm going to fix it.

Thanks for the encouragement!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

BC, glad you found me, didn't realize I was hiding!  :)   My third goal - Hubby and I had a long talk last week, I've been spending way too much time on the computer after I get home from work and he felt I was ignoring them.  I felt awful - I hadn't even realized just how much time it was taking until he said something.  So I'm going to fix it.

Thanks for the encouragement!

LOL, you weren't, just didn't see a link back in your other thread, so I had to search for ya :)

Oooh, yeah, my wife and I had a talk about that too.  That's what got me started about the whole house-band series of goals.  For us it was a family talk and it was actually my sis-n-law that brought up my apparent "lack of involvement" which I didn't notice, I just liked going to my room instead of watching TV in the front room all the time with everyone else.  I'm glad that spurred me onward to all these challenge goals.

As a fellow rebel, I'm proud of you for stepping up to work on it too :)  I gotta warn ya, it gets addicting after awhile, but it's the good kind. :D

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

This week has been going ok.

Having trouble getting enough drinkable water at work. I've tried the tap water by bottling it then sticking in the fridge to get cold. I think it's been making me sick - a little upset tummy, anyway.

Tomorrow is my Tough Rhino run - kinda like a Warrior Dash. But only 5k. They've been posting pictures of the obstacles on Facebook, and now I'm wondering if I can do this. It looks really intimidating. I'm on my phone, and I don't know how to post a link, or I'd show you. So if you don't hear from me tomorrow, I may be dead. Kidding. I hope. Wish me luck!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Just wanted to pop in, say hello, and send some encouragement your way.  You can take those obstacles!  Looking forward to seeing the update describing your glorious victory.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

You're gonna do great, EC!  Either way, I know you're going to meet yourself out there on that race and learn something new about yourself, which is a GOOD thing.  Stay focused and dominate, okay?

So, I lived. Conquered, even. It wasn't nearly as hard as it looked in the pictures, I think they took them at weird angles to scare us. Also, I am a lot stronger than I realized. 8 ft half pipe, run up, grab top edge, pull body up, no problem. I could not have done that so easily last year! Weightlifting ftw! At the end, I felt so good, I could have gone around again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

So, I lived. Conquered, even. It wasn't nearly as hard as it looked in the pictures, I think they took them at weird angles to scare us. Also, I am a lot stronger than I realized. 8 ft half pipe, run up, grab top edge, pull body up, no problem. I could not have done that so easily last year! Weightlifting ftw! At the end, I felt so good, I could have gone around again! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You are freaking amazing, EC!!!  Yeah, they probably did take them at intimidating angles, but seriously, now you can see how much practical progress your body has made :D  I'm so proud of you.  Did you get anyone to take pics of you dominating the course?

Thanks, BC!  The race had official photographers, I'll have to see what they got.  Teammate's daughter took a few at the end.  I didn't see any photographers near the hard obstacles, just at a mud crawl.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Those photos are so cool.  And that's okay that they aren't on the hard obstacles, you can arrange something next time ;)  When is your next run? >_>

Thanks everyone! 

That was my 3rd obstacle race - I did 2 last summer.  This one was harder (or should have been) with bigger obstacles.

Have a Run or Dye July 13th.  No obstacles, but it should be fun.  I'm looking at doing a couple more toward in August and September. 

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Recap for 1st week:

Workouts:

Got both weight workouts in, had to move Saturday's to Sunday because of the race. Also had to work Sunday, so due to time crunch I only did 2 sets of each lift.

Got 2 runs in counting the race.

Didn't do a 5th day (kid had kindergarten playfest, hubby and I volunteered) - 80%

Water:

M=710ml, Tu=2064ml, W=2130ml, Th=1146ml, F=1301ml, Sa=1461ml, Su=1412ml. So I only got over 2L twice this week 2/5=40%. Need to work more on this.

Stay off computer:

This I did well on - didn't get on the computer on work days until after kid went to bed, and then only for 20 min or so. Kid and I played ball in the backyard one day (you should see me attempting to throw a nerf football, it's hilarious) and co-op on a video game another day. As well as other little things. 100%

Pretty up the house:

A big, fat donut hole. I've done nothing. Since I worked Sunday, I have Tuesday and Wednesday off this week - the plan is to get out there and get my veggie garden ready (late, I know) and weed the front yard. And wash my car.

Body Fat %: 19.1

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Nice work Ebon, that sure didn't take you very long :rapture:

Sounds like you're doing quite well on most of your challenges, keep up to good work!

LV 3 - Lawful Good - Spartan - Ranger Current Challenge: One Momentous Word

Previous Challenge: #1 #2 #3

Battle Log - Epic Quest: To become a Spartan

Current Attributes:

STR - 6.75   DEX - 8   STA - 7

CON - 6   WIS - 9   CHA - 7

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, get the hell out of my way, I've got things to do.

Its not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.

Thanks, but it may have been an outlier.  Today's reading is back up to 19%.  Still, that's halfway there already, so I'm making good progress.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Yea for sure, just keep at it :tennis:

LV 3 - Lawful Good - Spartan - Ranger Current Challenge: One Momentous Word

Previous Challenge: #1 #2 #3

Battle Log - Epic Quest: To become a Spartan

Current Attributes:

STR - 6.75   DEX - 8   STA - 7

CON - 6   WIS - 9   CHA - 7

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, get the hell out of my way, I've got things to do.

Its not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines