Eboncat

Ok, so I've calculated my averages over the weeks:

Week 1: 20,20.4,20.3,20.4,19.2,19.5 = 19.9%

Week 2: 19.1,19.3,18.0,19.4,18.9,18.8,19.8 = 19%

Week 3: 19.8,18.9,19.0,19.8 = 19.4%

Week 4: 17.8,19.5 = 18.65%

Week 5: 20,18.7,17.2,18.8,18.8,18.7,18.0 = 18.6%

Week 6: 18.8,17.8 = 18.3% (so far)

So, I'm creeping up on 18% for an average.  This makes me happy and determined!  Week 3 & 4 are short because I was on vacation for part of it and did not take any measurements.  If I stopped right now I'd have a score of 80%.  I have to say, I'm really happy that all of last week and so far this week, all of the readings have been in the 18's or 17's.  Woot!

Wow, when you put it like that, it's really nice to see results, right?!?  18% will be freaking awesome, where you're at now is still awesome though.  Keep it up and finish strong!

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Thanks, BC.  Wouldn't you know, this morning's reading was 19.5. :lol: I have to laugh.

BOL!!!  Well you and I are wise in the ways of water weight/bloat distortion hehe.  :D  I'm eager to see you knock the rest of this week out of the park!

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Eboncat?  Eboncat? are you there???  How'd your last week go?

It seems that everything else is going pretty well for you, Rock on!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf

Warrior Level 3

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 5 CON 5 WIS 8 CHA 9

Well, Eboncat seems you did awesome this challenge!!  Keep up the great work!! We will see ya at the next one!

Have fun with your family!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf

Warrior Level 3

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 5 CON 5 WIS 8 CHA 9

So, here's my summary, finally:

Goal 1: workout 5 days/week: 4/5/2/5/4/4.  I don't even remember missing most of a whole week, but I have nothing tracked for that week (the 2 is for bodysurfing/hiking in HI Sat & Sun).  That was the week before we went on vacation. I remember I worked a lot and was tired all week.  Anyhoo, 24 out of a possible 30 isn't very good, only 80%  +1.5 STR, +1.5 STA.

BF% goal was part of this, last week was: 18.8/17.8/19.5/19.9/18.1/18.1/18.1. AVG: 18.6=70% + 0.7 CHA

Goal 2: Drink at least 2L water 5 days per week.  I did pretty good with this one, except the week before I left for HI and the week I was there.  I wasn't really tracking anything in HI, but I'm sure I didn't hit my goal at all. 3/4/1/1/5/5 days. 19 out of 30.  I did finish strong, so that's good. 63% :chargrined: +1.25 CON, + 0.5 CHA.  Wow.  Before I looked back at my logs, I would have told you I nailed this.  Maybe I need a goal to actually look at my logs each week.

Goal 3: Minimize my computer use to spend more time with my family in the evenings.  Mostly did this, Hubby did have to remind me a few times.  I switched to spending most of my time checking email to mornings (when I'm the only one up) and lunch breaks at work.  I didn't have a good way to track this though.  I know I didn't get 100% or even really close, but based on the much less (deserved)complaining than I had been getting before the challenge, I'm going to give myself 70%, +2 WIS, +.75 CHA.  I have an app to track time spent on a project, which I should have used for this goal.  I need to look into the programs Steve mentioned in one of his blogs to limit computer time.

Goal 4: Pretty up the outside of the house/yards.  Utter fail here.  Wanted to spend 2 hours per week, managed 1/2 hour one week and 2  hours another week, and that's it.  A big fat zero.  Guess I'll have to continue with this goal into the next challenge, and have a better plan to implement it.

I also did the 1st mini-challenge for the Rangers and got +1 CHA for that.  So I get to add a total of 9.25 attribute points out of a possible 16.  57% is an F. Bleagh.  Or if the mini-challenges are extra credit, I got 9.25/15 = 61%.  Still Bleagh.

I think I have managed to make the workouts and water a habit now.  I slip up occasionally, but I'm close to the goals most weeks. I am going to set some reminders on my phone for the water to help me remember.  And write out a workout schedule for each week.  My work schedule is changing soon and I'll have to adjust my workouts to it.

Next challenge I'm going to set reminders on my phone for each goal to help me.  And find a program to limit the computer use.

See you all in the next challenge!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

I forgot to post how my race went on Saturday.  My sister, me and 2 of my friends did the Run or Dye last Saturday.  The weather was perfect: sunny, about 80 -85 degrees with a light breeze. Which was great since the temp had been in the upper 90's before the race and went back up to that right after.  I didn't say "competed in" because it wasnt timed at all.  We had a really good time, but it wasn't really a race.  I would say at least 2/3 and probably more like 3/4 of the people walked the entire way, and I've never seen a 5k that had two potty stops set out at the mile markers.  My sis and I ran the entire thing, but we were having to dodge around all the walkers, who were supposed to stay to the left to let the runners by, but didn't. We couldnt really push because there were little kids wandering all over.  People were pushing kids in strollers too.   I think we finished at about 35 minutes, but neither of us had timers and the race didnt even have a start/finish clock set up.  Oh well.  Like I said, we had a really fun time and came home all rainbow colored.   We also decided that next year we'll find a competitive 5k and try that together.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

I forgot to post how my race went on Saturday.  My sister, me and 2 of my friends did the Run or Dye last Saturday.  The weather was perfect: sunny, about 80 -85 degrees with a light breeze. Which was great since the temp had been in the upper 90's before the race and went back up to that right after.  I didn't say "competed in" because it wasnt timed at all.  We had a really good time, but it wasn't really a race.  I would say at least 2/3 and probably more like 3/4 of the people walked the entire way, and I've never seen a 5k that had two potty stops set out at the mile markers.  My sis and I ran the entire thing, but we were having to dodge around all the walkers, who were supposed to stay to the left to let the runners by, but didn't. We couldnt really push because there were little kids wandering all over.  People were pushing kids in strollers too.   I think we finished at about 35 minutes, but neither of us had timers and the race didnt even have a start/finish clock set up.  Oh well.  Like I said, we had a really fun time and came home all rainbow colored.   We also decided that next year we'll find a competitive 5k and try that together.

Oh sweet!  Well at least you all had fun and that's what really matters :D

As for your challenge recap, it's good that you've pinpointed the things you didn't do so hot in.  However, I'm VERY glad that you were able to finally  make the water and workouts a habit now.  That's the most important take away you could have.  It does no good to work on a goal and only do it for 6 weeks (I should know).

I agree with BlamedCat, even though you gave yourself an F overall, and are looking at your results like they aren't so great. You still made some terrific strides towards where you want to be, and just getting into those habits is a huge step forward.

LV 3 - Lawful Good - Spartan - Ranger Current Challenge: One Momentous Word

Previous Challenge: #1 #2 #3

Battle Log - Epic Quest: To become a Spartan

Current Attributes:

STR - 6.75   DEX - 8   STA - 7

CON - 6   WIS - 9   CHA - 7

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, get the hell out of my way, I've got things to do.

Its not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.

First off, thank you both for the encouragement.  You and the others have been crucial to me completing this challenge and ending it well.

As for your challenge recap, it's good that you've pinpointed the things you didn't do so hot in.  However, I'm VERY glad that you were able to finally  make the water and workouts a habit now.  That's the most important take away you could have.  It does no good to work on a goal and only do it for 6 weeks (I should know).

Right?  I'm happy to say that I've continued right on with logging my water intake and getting my workouts in, even though the challenge is officially over.  Now to figure out some goals for the next challenge!

I agree with BlamedCat, even though you gave yourself an F overall, and are looking at your results like they aren't so great. You still made some terrific strides towards where you want to be, and just getting into those habits is a huge step forward.

Thank you.  The overall numbers say F, but I am really happy with the progress I made on 2 of the goals, so I don't really feel as if I flunked it.  If not for the huge 1.5 week sink (vacation) in the middle of it, I might have done better.  On to the next challenge!

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Phone reminders are excellent...unless you're like me, and learn to ignore them.  i moved one reminder to a different time because I stopped registering it.  But it was super helpful (i.e., critically important to my success) for my Self-Motivate goal

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines