VioletFlame's 2013 Level Up - Time to get strong (#4)

VioletFlame

Weekly Report - week 5 (posted at the end of week 6)

green-checkmark-icon.pnggreen-checkmark-icon.png1. Strength - Just DO IT! - increase my upper body and core strength by increasing time and reps each week.

1. increased either reps or weights for my 50 minute strength routine at the gym on sunday - really pushed myself and I'm happy.
  2. Crow Pose practice: yes

Went to the gym on Sunday and got in a real strength workout!  I am giving myself an A+ on this one because I was able to meet or beat my workout from over 6 months ago.

green-checkmark-icon.png 2.  Healthy Eating & Cardio

Starting body fat % on 7/1  = 37.2%, at the end of the week the average was 37.1%

Starting weight is 152.2, end of week was 152.6

20.3 miles for the week, I made my goal there.  My eating habits are sliding a bit.  I'm giving myself a check for lowered bf%

green-checkmark-icon.png

3. Life goal:  Set Weekly Goals and Expand Comfort Zone.

Created my goal list on Sunday.

Did do my expand comfort zone goal for this week. 

VioletFlame (Margie), level 4 Wood elf druid
STR 8 | DEX 6 | STA 14.5 | CON 11.25 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 9

2013 Challenge #1  ~ #2  ~ #3 ~ #4 ~ #5

Current Challenge

Weekly Report - week  6

green-checkmark-icon.pnggreen-checkmark-icon.png1. Strength - Just DO IT! - increase my upper body and core strength by increasing time and reps each week.

1. increased either reps or weights for my 50 minute strength routine at the gym on sunday - that is 3 weeks in a row
  2. Crow Pose practice: yes - and I am doing microseconds in the actual pose

livetravelupdates_yellow_icon.jpg 2.  Healthy Eating & Cardio

Starting body fat % on 7/1  = 37.1%, at the end of the week the average was 37.4%

Starting weight is 152.6, end of week was 153

15.9 miles for the week, my goal was 20, but I think that's too much time given my other priorities.  I am lowering my weekly goal to 15 miles per week.  My eating habits continue to slide, but it's not bad.  I can still get back on track.

green-checkmark-icon.png

3. Life goal:  Set Weekly Goals and Expand Comfort Zone.

Created my goal list on Sunday.

Did do my expand comfort zone goal for this week.  On Monday morning I started teaching a training class and I decided to take on a difficult student as my challenge.  It worked out very well.

Current Challenge

Final Report

aplus-software-prod-ban-icon.png1. Strength - Just DO IT! - increase my upper body and core strength.

I am trying a new method, and I might change this one in a month if it's not working.  What I am going to do is pick 4 exercises and measure my progress.  My goal is to increase either the time or reps every week.

Grading: increase in each of the 4 measurements for each of the 6 weeks. 

A = 100% (24 increases), B = 90%, etc.

I changed the measurements once I started going to the gym - and woo hoo for me for getting back to the gym.  This JUST DO IT mentality helped this challenge.  I'm going to try that again for my next challenge on my dissertation.  It is so nice to know that my strength goal will be a maintenance one for the next challenge.  I am so happy about this one.

Letter-B-icon.png2.  Healthy Eating & Cardio - mindful eating every day, this includes eating mostly veggies and healthy fats, drinking a lot of liquids, and planning my meals each morning.  Also maintain my cardio level of 5 hours per week.

I usually keep my cardio separate, but I want to try something new and measure my body fat%.  I don't really think my scale is accurate, but it should be able to measure the change.  I have no idea what to even set as a goal at the end of 6 weeks, so I am going to shoot for a decrease in body fat % by comparing averages over a week.

Grading: Starting body fat % on 6/3  = 38.5%. Starting weight is 153.6, I would love to lose 6 lbs in 6 weeks. 
A grade = decrease for each of the 6 weeks.  B grade = 5 of 6 weeks.  C = 4 weeks.  D = 3 weeks.  F = no progress, or an increase.

Results: body fat % at 37.4%, overall decrease of 1.1%.  Ending weight 153.

I am happy with a B in this goal.  I increased the intensity of my cardio.  For this next challenge I want to get back to planning my meals.  That seems to work the best for me.

B%2B%20Grade.png3. Life goal:  Set Weekly Goals and Expand Comfort Zone

I started a weekly goals habit with my last challenge. In my formal goal setting process I make sure I maintain balance in different areas. This challenge I want to put one thing on my list each week to expand my comfort zone.

Grading:  6 sets of weekly goals created by noon Monday each week and one goal accomplished each week that I really didn't want to do.

Results: 6 of 6 weekly goal setting lists.  5 of 6 completed goals expanding my comfort zone.

I am also very happy with a B+ in this goal.  I only missed one comfort-zone-expanding goal, but I know I will do it in this next challenge.

Current Challenge

My attribute points:

Goal 1 (strength)   STR +5   AWARDED 5 - wooo hoooo wooo hooo!!!!!

Goal 2 (body fat decrease)  CON +3   STA +2  AWARDED 2.25 con   1.5 sta

Goal 3 (weekly plan)  WIS +1  CHA +4   AWARDED .75 wis  3 cha  

• Strength (STR) - physical strength
  • Dexterity (DEX) - agility and speed
  • Stamina (STA) - Endurance and Energy
  • Constitution (CON) - ability to resist damage and disease
  • Wisdom (WIS) - intuition and sense of things around himself
  • Charisma (CHA) - force of personality and physical attractiveness

Current Challenge