• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1091 posts in this topic

trying again.  https://www.facebook.com/events/371877996521075/

If the link still doesn't work, try joining the NF Rebels facebook group. I posted it there too. 

It at Parkway Pizza in Longfellow (SE Minneapolis) on the 18th of Feb 11 am - 4 pm. They told me that the space that they're holding seats 12 so we should be good on room. I don't know if it'll be one large table or a few tables close to one another. Their pizza is really good and they have beer and soft drinks. I've always had to acknowledge to myself that something will end up with grease stains on it but I'm willing to let my games suffer for the cause of getting people together. 

I'll bring a couple party games (Wits and Wagers, Code Names, and a few strategy games Power Grid, Ticket to Ride). Other folks are invited to bring games too as long as you remember that this is a pizza place and there will be pizza and pop. I can't guarantee the safety of your games.

1 person likes this

So something I was intrigued by so I figured I'd share it with you guys.  Brian MacKenzie (author of Unbreakable Runner) is doing a breathing seminar in Minneapolis.  $300 is a pretty steep price, but I was intrigued and almost pulled the trigger.  Just don't have that kind of fun money at the moment.  I believe I've seen reference that some of this material is based off information that Brian has gleaned from Wim Hof among other influences.  

http://powerspeedendurance.com/event/minnesota-art-breath-clinic/

Oof. If I'm paying $300 to learn how to breath, I'd better learn how to breath underwater.

Now that I've gotten the snark out of my system, what is breath practice. I've never heard that term.
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Oof. If I'm paying $300 to learn how to breath, I'd better learn how to breath underwater.

Now that I've gotten the snark out of my system, what is breath practice. I've never heard that term.

Oddly enough I think a lot of his programming involves underwater work.  Not breathing obviously but working on being able to hold your breath underwater longer and longer.  I've seen him and K-Star and Laird Hamilton talk about holding dumbbells in a pool and just walking back and forth as many times as possible.  

I think it's just something to be done on the regular, i.e. take 10 minutes and do this in the morning.  Talks a small amount about it here:  https://www.outsideonline.com/2086911/iceman-cometh

But I honestly can't be certain as I'm not fully aware.

Oooooh kay guys. I feel like it's been forever. Maybe it's time to look at a July meet up? Perhaps at a park and we can do some grilling and maybe even some fitness stuff?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, therealkat said:

Oooooh kay guys. I feel like it's been forever. Maybe it's time to look at a July meet up? Perhaps at a park and we can do some grilling and maybe even some fitness stuff?

My July will likely be insane so no promises of attendance. It should come as a surprise to no one that I nominate Minnehaha Park or Wabun Picnic Areas. @Jittersthe.Clown has previously mentioned teaching juggling at an event so if he's available, that would be cool. If I find that I'm available and have access to my bells, I'd be happy to get some people started kettlebell juggling (despite the name similarities, this is not anything like what Jitters does).

3 people like this

Yes!! As long as it's given a day by the two first weeks of June I'll be able to drive up! 

1 person likes this

\shuffles in\

hello!

I just moved to the Mpls area about less than two years ago.  I came from southern Louisiana, where I was the only Rebel for miles upon miles upon miles.  I've only met on other Rebel IRL, and that's because he came to live with me for a while, lol.

anyway, I'm totally down for a July meet up, as long as y'all don't mind me geeking out a little about getting to meet y'all.  NF has been one of my constant lifesavers, so the community means a lot to me.  :3

3 people like this

Belle, MN nerds are good nerds, so far none has serial killed me.

Put me down as a maybe. My summers, like everyone else's, tend to be packed.

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Belle, MN nerds are good nerds, so far none has serial killed me.

You've only met me once. There's still time.

I'd be a solid maybe. July is more open than June, except for the middle weekend of the month.

19 hours ago, cracked_belle said:

\shuffles in\

hello!

I just moved to the Mpls area about less than two years ago.  I came from southern Louisiana, where I was the only Rebel for miles upon miles upon miles.  I've only met on other Rebel IRL, and that's because he came to live with me for a while, lol.

anyway, I'm totally down for a July meet up, as long as y'all don't mind me geeking out a little about getting to meet y'all.  NF has been one of my constant lifesavers, so the community means a lot to me.  :3

It'd be awesome to have you :) I've made one of my bestest friends (@Ceasefire) thanks to the forums and this group :D We're all pretty chill.

July......

The weekend of the 8th, I have Tank's wedding to go to.  I might do another trip between the 4th and the 8th.  From July 15 to the end of July, I have my parents in town.

So I can't promise anything.

My wife and I are preparing to move out of our house to an apartment. That means scaling back my home gym. I thought I'd see if any of you have interest in the equipment. You'd have to come by to get it on or before June 9th. I haven't figured out pricing yet but below is a list of things that will be available. PM me if you're interested in getting a price or more details on the condition of anything. I'll give preference to people who want multiple items then the first person to offer a commitment. Anything that doesn't go to one of you is going in our garage sale on the 9th.

• Pendlay 20 kg barbell
  • rogue collars
  • 4 x Vulcan Training Bumper plates 45 lbs
  • 2 X Cap Bumper plates 45 lbs
  • 2 x Cap Bumper plates 25 lbs
  • 2 x Cap steel plates 25 lbs, 10 lbs, 5 lbs, 2.5 lbs each
  • Squat Rack - I'm not sure what brand it is. It's just two uprights for the bar in a steel frame. There are no safety bars
  • Vulcan pull up bar

I think I've got a couple more odds and ends, a medicine ball or two, some indian clubs and maybe some of my fat dumbell handles but I'm not at home to check right now.

Bradly speaking, I'll sell things for about 25% of their cost, give or take a 10% rounding error. If I think something is super beat up it'll go cheaper. Things like the barbell and plates, which should have a decade of use left in them are a pretty good deal.

2 people like this

First things first, Hi everyone!

Yes, I will teach juggling. It would be a lot of fun. I have July 8-10th off with no one at home. I am planning on going to the Basilica Block Party Saturday night, but during the day or on Sunday would work well for me. I can meet anywhere. Or, conversely, if people are up for a drive down to Cottage Grove, I would be willing to host at my place. I also have a pool. Just saying.

I would also be interested in kettlebell juggling. That sounds fun. 

2 people like this

55 minutes ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

I would also be interested in kettlebell juggling. That sounds fun. 

giphy.gif

4 people like this