• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Feronasu

Tangata Kaha (Cross-guild)

Kia Ora,

We are Team Tangata Kaha, meaning "People of Power/Strength". We are a NZ group and this is our first time participating in the challenge! So far - great fun!

For the team:

Let's make this our HQ and RV. Check in here with updates and the like, or to post a message, lend support, maybe do a quick daily team report.

Tome of Legends:

Hope your adventure is going well!

Week 1 - Midweek update

I'm going to be without internet access for the next three days, so I though I'd do a midweek update in case I don't get one done on Sunday.

Goal 1: Slaying the Mother of the Red Bull (and the ol' papa Coke)

Bad start to the challenge with 1L of Mother and a 250ml of Red Bull on Tuesday. Clean since then.

Goal 2: Consistent Weight Training

Got through only half the workout on Monday. Yesterday, smashed the whole thing. Plan on getting tomorrow's done early before work and heading out of town.

Goal 3: Race to the Finish (run 400m)

Accidental practice! Had to sprint 100 m back to a restaurant because I'd accidentally walked off without paying, then 100m back to my mate's car to get a lift home. Also, walked for just under an hour this afternoon. Not great, but something is better than nothing. Putting in some good training out in the country this weekend.

Goal 4: Writing

I've got two blog posts up.

I've sent two translations off for pre-publishing approval.

So, 2/20 published, possibly 4 soon.

Sweeet BABY Jesus, a Litre of Mother  :hypnotysed:  Should have done your run after that!!! You'd have been a blur :D Back on the wagon now though, that's the main thing, buddy! 

Good work on rallying for a better salvo yesterday! Smash those workouts, make them FEAR YOU!!!! Good luck with your last one for this week.

Nice progress also with your wizardly persuits... 

FOR THE HOA.... I mean TEAM!!!!

Week 1 of  1st NF Campaign...

By Father Sky, I had forgotten how much this hurts.... Must eat more flesh.

Day 1: 

-All three of the 30 second planks attained. Thought how easy this was... 

-Ten sets of ten slain on the Total Gym at the clanhold, kinsman's equipment felt unchallenging but it's all I had on hand.. Mimmicked the Pull Up movement and muscle focus as much as possible...

-Supplies consumed: chicken roll, 2x lamb kebabs, one rum ball (pillaged from a bakery, so it's legit).

-Bid farewell to The Lifemate. Good talk. Going to recon on the 19th to resume happy awesome relationship after both have levelled-up. No communication to detract from focus on both of our missions. I must be uber strong. Be total She Alpha when I see him again. Will miss him. Something got in both my eyes... 

Day 2:

-All three planks endured, 35 seconds each... Had to roll out lower back on the foam roller today, tight muscles from yesterday's planks and workout. 

-Ambushed the Bench Press with dumbells, it started easy but put up a mighty fight at the end... 10kgs (in each hand, pfft), 12.5kgs (pffft), 15kgs (hmmm), 17.5kgs (hmmm!) 20kgs (raaaaaargh!) all at ten reps, but all slain. A bloody skirmish into the drop sets to wipe them out (4 reps each back down all the weights used, finishing on the 10kgs at 16 reps QUADRAKILLLLLLL!!!!!!)....

Annihilated the chest fibre stragglers with 5 sets of 5 Push Ups, perfect form.... FOR THE HOARD!!!

Were then set upon by a tribe of Incline Dumbell Presses, but they went the way of the Bench Press and Push Ups... all slain: 10kgs (each hand), 12.5, 15 (all at 8 reps) and one huge 17.5 leader at 6 reps.

-Supplies consumed: Soup (carrot, capsicum, lentil, spices galore, coconut cream), oats (with peaches, milk, protein), steak and spinach, eggs x3, apple.

Day 3:

-Again, all the planks fell before us. 40 seconds is starting to feel long now...

-Squats and Lunges today, done at body weight, an easy but long process... drilled for perfection of technique and strength and integrity of all muscles. 10/10reps x10 sets...

-Oww shit my upper body is tight and achy... I remember this from campaigns before... Feel those muscles repairing and GROWING mahahahahaa....

-Supplies consumed: Soup (same), apple, pear, mango, soup, milk&protein shake, steak and eggs(2) and broccoli and tahini and avocado...

-Felt an attack of the lonelies, but refrained from weakening... Alphas do not get all blubbery and get things in their eyes!... Alphas endure the time apart and use it for personal growth!

Day 4:

-Detroyed the planks, all 45 seconds worth of each.

-Rearranged the camp, made it more of an Art Studio... Still have 5 1/2 weeks until possible return of The Lifemate, must make this space my own, and be more creative and productive... Personal freedom and growth and re-discovering myself as an individual...

-Pull Ups... Have been contemplating them all week, and they were the foes I supposed they were going to be, right from the start. Huge struggle, had to rely on both the purple (thin) and green (thicker) bands... Feeling some chagrin, not a single unassisted Pull Up that day! Gah! Hmmmph... The battle went thus;

.green band(10)    .Purple(3) Green(7)   .Purple(2) Green(8)

x2 sets                 x4 sets                          x4 sets

....much room for huge improvement....

-Upper body was super stiff and sore this morning... Do I need to feed better?

-Supplies consumed: Soup&prawns (same soup) x3 serves during the day, apple, pear, protein&milk shake... 250g of 33% chocolate (cough!)...

Day 5:

-50 second planks, all stared down and destroyed. Pwnd bitches!

-Bench Press Barbell.... 40kgs x12 x2, 45kgs x8 x2, 50kgs x5 x6.... had to work my training around a class of middle-aged man-muppets, who decided that MY training time was a good time for THEIR training time. It got done, but not with the focus I had wanted. Still...

-Supplies consumed: Steak&broccoli&spinach, 250g of 33% chocolate (cough cough!), mango, pear, milk&protein shake, noodles and avocado, beetroot&carrot&assorted other fruit and vege juice....

Sweeet BABY Jesus, a Litre of Mother  :hypnotysed:  Should have done your run after that!!! You'd have been a blur :D Back on the wagon now though, that's the main thing, buddy! 

Good work on rallying for a better salvo yesterday! Smash those workouts, make them FEAR YOU!!!! Good luck with your last one for this week.

Nice progress also with your wizardly persuits... 

FOR THE HOA.... I mean TEAM!!!!

Cheers for the wicked encouragement Shinies! I was skeptical about the effect participation on the boards would have, but the community spirit really does have an awesome effect!

"Upper body was super stiff and sore this morning... Do I need to feed better?"

I am loving the use of the word "feed". Super cool.

Something got in both my eyes... 

Alphas do not get all blubbery and get things in their eyes!... Alphas endure the time apart and use it for personal growth!

"If you need to pass some eye water, I'd be more than happy to go out and get your some weakness tissues" - Jack Welch.

Sorry, I just love that line. All joshing aside, stay strong and work on developing yourself. It's hard to love someone and for them to love you, if you don't love yourself first. And if something gets in your eyes, a steady stream of eye water will probalby get it out.

Cheers for the wicked encouragement Shinies! I was skeptical about the effect participation on the boards would have, but the community spirit really does have an awesome effect!

WOOT! :D I am glad, Akaoka! Stronger together, we are! An army wins or fails on it's moral (also, it's stomach... hence why 'feeding' is so important!).

I am a complete tard at this 'quoting' business, never blogged and so on before, I only got this bit from yours purely by some accidental fluke. If there is a simple way of explaining it (so halforcs might understand) it would be mightily appreciated... 

Likewise, I feel this feedback and support thing may indeed be a great shiny and curlicued key to unlocking our success!!!

On a self-motivating note, just went into the bathroom (feeling a bit blue) and tried some flexes in the mirror... The combination of the muscle soreness and feeling 'pumped' is having a very positive effect on my body-image! I saw PRIDE.... I saw POWAR... I saw a BADASS MUDDAR, WHO DON'T TAEK NO CRAP FROM NOBUDDEH!!!

This pleased me.

I can see where things may go, with continued determination and hard work, rather than how much I don't like, or how unlike 'real' girls I feel I look like all the time... I saw a potential she-orc warrior > :D raaaaar....

Which feeds into your advice :)

It's hard to love someone and for them to love you, if you don't love yourself first. And if something gets in your eyes, a steady stream of eye water will probalby get it out.

(see, I fudged the quoting thing...bah)

I need to move more firmly into loving what I am, and what I can enjoy working towards being, rather than fretting and anguishing over things I am not, and cannot be... The Lifemate has said he loves me, but you're right!!! I need to love me too, and not feel apologetic about me. Facerain will help during the times where the bad-thoughts need purging, like puss-filled wounds. 

ALPHAS ARE PROUD!!! *strutts*

Will give this thought-pattern more of a go :)

I saw PRIDE.... I saw POWAR... I saw a BADASS MUDDAR, WHO DON'T TAEK NO CRAP FROM NOBUDDEH!!!

Awesome! I like to think Cool Runnings references will ALWAYS be welcome in this group, and I'm sure Akaoka will agree. Methinks I'm gonna have to keep this one in mind next workout.

I just posted a bit of a progress report on my thread, overall I've had a reasonable start but didn't make the grade with one of my goals. Whether anyone actually reads it, I reckon it's a good thing to write, it really encourages reflection on the week's progress and what needs to be optimised and tweaked in the following weeks, and it helps just to get everything down.

Anyway, hope all is well team!

I am a complete tard at this 'quoting' business, never blogged and so on before, I only got this bit from yours purely by some accidental fluke. If there is a simple way of explaining it (so halforcs might understand) it would be mightily appreciated... 

On a self-motivating note, just went into the bathroom (feeling a bit blue) and tried some flexes in the mirror... The combination of the muscle soreness and feeling 'pumped' is having a very positive effect on my body-image! I saw PRIDE.... I saw POWAR... I saw a BADASS MUDDAR, WHO DON'T TAEK NO CRAP FROM NOBUDDEH!!!

This pleased me.

I can see where things may go, with continued determination and hard work, rather than how much I don't like, or how unlike 'real' girls I feel I look like all the time... I saw a potential she-orc warrior > :D raaaaar....

Quoting: Just click the (quote) button at the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to quote something from. This will put that whole post into your reply box. Then, just delete the parts of the content that you don't need to mention. If you want to quote from different people, just put multi-quote on each of the posts, and then when you've got all the ones you want, click, "reply to (x) quotes [where x is the number of posts you hit multiquote on].

Cool Runnings: You see Junior? Well, let me tell you what I see....  Drox is totally right - Cool Runnings will always be met with warmth, joy and open arms. 

This pleased me: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG6rVMteONkAh3DDTKz-DFBI8LUPhSrt8B79S89DmOHtzsfmUu  : Mr Omura is also pleased.

Potential She-orc: Totally with you on that one. Seeing what can be, instead of what is at the moment: that's the key to success.

Rather than FILL this board with blow-by-blow action-replays of my days (awesome though this would be) I'm just going to summerise on my own board every week, like everyone else seems to be doing???

Just wanted to give everyone the 'thumbs up' and the 'keep on going'... Have had a shitty few days (I'm an unmedicated bipolar and the ride this week has been a doozy!) and I just wanted to encourage y'all to keep the faith in yourselves... We are doing this for ourselves, because we want better for ourselves! As Feronasu and I joked the other day:

"FOR OURSELVES!!!!!!"

..the most seemingly selfish battlecry, but actually very mature and responsible.

What we do here, we do to make ourselves into better, stronger, happier, more fulfilled people :)

I've managed to stick to the first 4 of my goals (the physical ones) and the 5th one (space from the Sig. Other) went a bit flopsy bunnies because we met randomly in a mall and it kicked off hugs and then some texts that weren't technically neccissary... I don't regret it though, I just accept that the plan went up the wazoo. Back on track now, even though it's driving me mental.

I'm very lucky that I didn't make food a huge priority, since the chocolate has been hit hard the last few days... trying to substitute for healthy goodies instead.

To fall is not to fail. To fall ad then not get back up, that is to fail.

Keep on going, Team!

:D

Wowser, awesome posts!

Good job, Shinies, you seem to be smashing it! Nevermind the 5th setback, they happen. (I'm still recovering from one!) Yeah, learning to love oneself... That's been a real tough one for me. And keeping your own head on track even if your significant other is not doing well.

I've just had a bummer of a week - been sick over the end of last week till yesterday, so the grades took a bad fall... But back on track now. (And finally posted my battle log! Shiny)

Hope week two is going grand, err' body!

6-Week Challenge Update - Week 2

Mother of Red Bull - Still clean. A++

Strength Training  - Haven't missed a workout since that one right at the beginning

Running - Managed 2 runs this week. Didn't keep on track with my monitoring plan (how far I can run). This is definitely my least successful goal.

Writing/Translating  - Blogposts: 3 Translations: 2 Translations pending publication: 3

Tentative total: 8/20

Akaoka out.

Outstanding effort, Akaoka.

I am super impressed with your Energy Drink Free Goal. Totally inspirational. I have been pretty bad with my eating healthy goal, so many slip ups! 

Hey team, definitely do post here if you are needing some support or feeling down - that's what this thread is for! I'm going to try be a bit more active on it (esp. now that the internet has returned to our house! Hurrah!), so if you're feeling in need of some team energy radio in.

Hope week three is starting grand!

Cheers guys.

Almost caved earlier due to horrendous late night combined with horrendously early morning. Yet, still clean.

Hey guys, sorry for the absence. Got an update for the last week. Bad news.

I had to go to hospital as twice I suddenly had intense headaches, definitely the worst I've ever had. These were during mid workouts. Went to the GP then referred to the hospital in case it was a brain hemorrhage. Had a head scan and a lumbar puncture.

Everything is all clear (phew!) but the spinal tap means I can't be vertical without bad headaches and nausea. This assassin is now rendered to lying down and scooting round the house on the back of a skateboard.

As soon as I'm able to be up, I'll be re-visiting my exercise plan to match my current abilities. Obviously wouldn't be good to leap into too much. But I've also got figure out what caused the headaches in the first place, if they will occur again and how to prevent them.

Managed to do a lot of Japanese study yesterday, though. Keeping some things on track.

I hope you're all in far better shape! Keep going!

Sorry guys, for being MIA... had a real shitter of a week, and just sticking to the program is taking all of my energy. Writing it up on the site is taking a back seat just now.

Will get onto it on the next Up day that I have. 

Peace.

Hi Team,

Just to let you know, I've decided to end my 6-week challenge goal here, having done 1 complete month. I'm instead implementing a month-by-month challenge routine for myself (which is what I was doing before I came to find the 6-week challenges here). Basically, during this 6-week challenge, I've come to realise a lot of things about me and my goals, etc. and specifically about how I want to go on with them in the future.

As our good friend Steve (amicus noster) would say, there's no point sticking to something that's not working provided  you've given it a decent try. Having done a month of the 6-week challenge, the time for change has arrived.

I'll still be coming on the boards to help support you guys, but consider my 6-week journey here concluded.

Final scores:

Mother/Red Bull/Coke: Still clean since that fateful first Tuesday. Also, I framed my original challenge to make it SMART, deleting the 3 big sources of liquid sugar and caffeine for me, while still giving myself wiggle room if necessary. Over the last month, I didn't once cave and have coffee and the only sugared drinks I had was a half glass of sprite.

Overall: A

Consistent Workouts: Over the month (14 scheduled workouts) I missed a grand total of........ 1 and a half (including the time I was on holiday overseas). I've also managed to increase my speed for getting through the BBW reps and increased the weights in my weight training.

Overall: B

Running:

Two measly runs completed.

Overall: An undeniable DNS

Writing:

Blog Posts: 3. Translations: 8 published, 2 awaiting approval. Overall 13.

Not great, but not bad either. I'm not quite sure about whether or not I will continue blogging, but it will definitely not be a priority for me. However, translating is something I'm definitely 100% committed to and will be continuing on with.

Overall: B-

Cheers for all the support.

KIA KAHA!

Salutations Akaoka, and respect for your decision. Pick your battles, and the tactical withdrawal is sometimes the better part of valor, to remain to fight another day...

Bloody well done on the caffiene and sugary drinks resistance... I'd give yourself a +1 Will for that. Definitely level-up worthy effort in that department.

Stay in touch, and we fellow party-members would love to hear about your personal victories as they happen. Did a good workout today? Resist a can of Mother at a lan??? Your success boosts our morale too... Keep fighting the good fight, and Do It Your Way, comrade.

Peace! 

This marks the end of Tangata Kaha's 6 Week Challenge.

I think we all ran our course of the challenge and I am not sure if we will be back. I think for most of us the challenge thread became more a chore than an achievement - but creating and using a good goal list and record system looked pretty handy.

Thank you to our two Adventurer's Drox and Akaoka, and the She-Orc Warrior OoohShinieso_0, and to those few who have checked our challenges and threads and lent some support. Also thanks to Steve Kamb and NF for their great site and work.

All the best to everyone else. Maybe we'll be back. 

-Feronasu