Hip: 42"

Upper Arm: 15"

Thigh: 27"

Chest: 43"

Calf: 16"

Forearm: 12"

Daily Workout (non-challenge)

Swim between 2000 - 3000 yards / meters depending on pool

Workout sessions are comprised of a mixed batch warm up, middle distance sets, drill sets, sprint sets, and a cool down and typically last between 45 - 90 minutes.  

6/7/2013 Workout

Current Challenge Progress

Goals

Nutrition: Maintain a Veg-Centric Omnivore diet with as little processed food as possible, locally and sustainably for myself and for the environment.

Fitness: Reclaim the ability to do almost anything.

Life: Get out of debt; Travel anywhere, everywhere; Earn Master's Degree

Thank you to wesb1898, Jonsey, and Kibcy for formatting ideas.

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Thunder, thunder, thundercats... HO!

Or hold. Now we must search for dryland activities for today.  T-storms pushing through the area close the pool, for understandable reasons.  To the gym! Hit the stationary bikes and try to work on form and endurance, since rain seems to make me go slippity slide all over the road currently.  That could just mean I need new tires, but my balance is crap when it is dry. Combination? I think so.

Dolphin's Log

Sunday 6/9/2013

The day started out rainy and stormy, like it is wont to do in the summer months and after a tropical depression passes nearby.  The sogginess has kept this fair-weather scout inside.  To be fair, lightning and thunder make me nervous to go on walks, rides, and swims.  I already poke sharks with sticks, lets not tempt the fates over much.

Instead the day was spent cleaning, a necessary chore that had been neglected, and watching Good Eats episodes. While physical activity was set to a minimum, both the living room and kitchen look nice and are reasonably functional again.  

Dinner was a brown rice paella with sauteed shrimp, mushrooms, snow peas, broccoli, carrots, onion, with a garlic, white wine, and butter sauce.  First time at making a fresh shrimp dish at home: so much better than elsewhere.

Saturday 6/8/2013

Finally! Star Trek Into Darkness, I get to see it!  Enjoyable, nearly a complete rehash of Wrath of Kahn, but enjoyable.  I could see the die hard Trek fans being upset, but I'm not sure if the die hard fans went to see it since most of them probably walked out on the first "reboot." Anyway, fun movie, did not feel the need to count lens flare. 

I did work at this theater recently, so I bought concessions to help my previous co-workers try to reach their sales goal for the month so that the corporation that currently drives their livelihood can promise things to them that they should already be getting. M&Ms are on the new baking shelf and awaiting possible confection injection.

Oh and we bought Iced Coffee because we ran out and did not make more Friday night.  But coffee was needed before hanging out with friends and their 4 yo. Fajita Saturdays! Managed to get the 4 yo to eat some salsa marinated chicken.

My weekends are incredibly lazy. I don't want to do anything but chill. And I think that is ok.. 

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

4am It is still dark outside, but I must do strength training before I swim and I forgot to write out my swim workout the night before.

Check in with the scouts to see if the mini-challenge corresponds with the plan...

Foam rolling? What the hell is foam rolling? *Googles it* Well, that was awkward with a tennis ball, Wednesday I'm breaking out the rolling pin.

Fully body stretch. And I mean full body. I was pretty limber, and it felt great!

Check in with the scouts to see if the mini-challenge corresponds with the plan... Hey! Planks! lets do a plank. we haven't done a plank for  a while: 0:00:37 plank. 

Moved to Incline pushups since last week the wall push ups did not feel as challenging: 4 x 6 and 1 x 5 incline push ups, 1 x 6 wall push ups

Squats were still half squats, though I tried to go a little deeper. The ankle would not have it on the right leg: 6 x 6 half squats

Since I am trying to progress to pull ups/chin ups, I'm still on my dumbbell bent over row. This week I used the 23 lb dumbbell. If I can toss around the 3 year olds in my swim lessons class, I should be able to manage a 23 lb dumbbell for: 6 x 6, 23 lb. bent over dumbbell row. 

Stretch again, then eat an orange and a handful of blueberries.

Just after 6 am I hit the pool with this workout:

100 Reverse IM Swim

100 Freestyle Pull

100 IM Swim

6 x 4 x 25 Sprint, IM order on the 0:00:40 with a 0:00:30 rest in between sets of 4

4 x 200 Freestyle Swim

150 Freestyle Kick

6 x 25 Freestyle Kick Sprints, on the 0:00:45

100 Choice Pull

100 Breaststroke, easy

2200 yards total

Returned home before work to a beautiful round of wheat bread (thanks Publix) from which I toasted two thin slices and piled egg, tomato, avocado, cajun roasted turkey, spinach, and a drizzle of siracha sauce with sea salt and pepper. This also came with a large glass of iced coffee, spiked with almond milk and a bit of chocolate syrup (usually I make my own syrup, but  I broke down after being sick all of March and bought a bottle of Hershey's.  When it is gone, there will be no more of that stuff). Following was a bowl of homemade, Greek style, goat milk yogurt and sliced strawberries with just a bit of honey . 

Then I went to work where I tried to teach seven 3 year olds how to swim, made sure the camp kids didn't drown or otherwise kill each other, brushed the algae off the bottom of the pool, absorbed my vitamin D for the month...finally got to eat my salad with walnuts, flax seeds, blueberries, and blackberry vinaigrette. 

Got home and fished out the apple stashed in my purse... and find that this week's Nerd Fitness blog post is all about sugar and its being like crack... *looks at food of the day.* Hmm. *will have to pry fruit and honey out of my cold dead fingers*:onthego:

Monday 6/24/2013

Food Log

Banana

Multivitamin with extra B complex

Chicken breast (because a banana was not enough this morning after the vitamin)

Turkey breast, cajun seasoned

1 large egg

half an avocado

half a tomato

handful of spinach

drizzle of sriracha sauce

sea salt, to taste

cracked black pepper, to taste

goat milk, Greek style yogurt

blueberries

ground almonds

remains of cherry vanilla granola (to get it out of the house)

iced coffee, very black

almond milk, splash

teaspoon chocolate syrup

hummus

celery

apple

turkey burger + bun

mustard

sriracha

jalapenos

dill pickles

salad greens

vidalia onion peppercorn dressing (really, really way too sweet)

blue potatoes 

porter

Exercise log

5 minutes of foamrolling (still awkward, but it is awesome for the calves)

5 minutes of stretching

0:00:50 handstand

0:00:40 plank

0:00:40 hollow body

3x12 bodyweight calf raises

6x6 walking lunges

6x6 short squats (tried for full squats but could not quite make it)

6x6 kneeling push ups (yay! off the wall and incline!)

2x6 seated triceps dips (umm...ouch)

6x6 triceps kickbacks with red resistance band (not easy, but not painful either)

Swim

200 free warm up

100 IM Drill

100 IM kick

2*50 free on 0:00:60

2*100 free on 0:02:00

2*150 free on 0:03:00

200 free

Swim

300 free swim

4x25 swim IM order

3x50 IM order

2x75 IM order

100 IM swim

200 free kick

12x25 IM order

100 easy IM or free

4x200 choice pull build

200 breast drill

So, freestyle pull build... yeah that was cool for the first 3 sets, but that fourth one sucked so much. Definitely overextended my reach on that.

I, am hungry, so very, very tired, and... well I took care of the chlorinated and sunscreened part already... did I mention hungry?

Goals to meet next week:

sleep 7-8 hours every night on a regular schedule.... ok, 2:30 am - 7:00 pm isn't all that regular, but the jobs demand it.

swim every weekday 2100 yards or more

strength training: legs 3 x per week, upper body and core 2 x per week, or combine for 3 x per week

foamroll before every strength training session

stretch before and after strength training and swimming

go to one yoga class at the YMCA (because it is free)

have food in the fridge prepped so it is easy to fix after work, or to take for lunch, or is easy to make for breakfast at 2am...and snacks, have stuff that makes easy to grab snacks for during work, or after work

do not kill the children at the pools

do not kill my co-workers who are essentially children

find time to eat

slowly retreat from lots of grainy things

retreat from the Mountain Dew

I think that's it...

Anyway, today was another one filled with excitement, as they all are. Today I discovered that I hate my dishwasher, my landlords will never fix my sink or my kitchen light... and a slew of other things. 

Death by squats; made it up to 9 minutes with 18 reps (left quads screamed at me when I started on the tenth minute round). I don't know if I was doing it right the whole time however. I did not hold any of the squats for the duration of a minute, but I did get into a full squat finally!

Swim

4 x 200 free swim build

100 fly kick, all sides, no board

100 fly one arm drill

2 x 50 fly and free swim

200 back swim and kick

100 breast pull

100 breast drill

200 free drill

200 IM swim 

100 choice swim easy

Just starting strength training on a (mostly regular) basis seems to be improving my speed. I love this  :onthego:

Something is wrong with me this week.

I haven't been eating enough food, and I have gotten to a point where I do not want to eat, or at least that happened yesterday after work.  My schedule is all kinds of crazy, and I don't really have the luxury of eating when I feel hungry while at work. 

So because of the whole, not feeling like eating thing, the past couple of days, I have not been able to make it through my workout, and my muscles were terribly sore from working out on Monday.

As I write on this, I basically figure that I am having a hard time balancing my time. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have to get up at 2am, for work and with the commute don't get home until 1pm or 2pm. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I don't have to be at work (local job) until 8:30am, and get off around 3pm. This week I taught swim lessons at the local job every afternoon 4-4:30pm. I feel like I have absolutely no time to do anything, and no energy to do anything.

Anyway, made it through at least 900 yards the past couple of days about 25 minutes.

Woohoo! New Week. A great time to revisit my challenges and reflect how I have succeeded or faltered... 

Anyway, new week, started off pretty good this morning, I got my butt in the pool and did a whole workout.  Mondays are great for this particular aspect: I'm ready to go!  Hopefully I will be able to maintain my energy for the week unlike last week. Lost a lot of weight last week, but put it all back on over the weekend (yikes).  Got to keep experimenting with the diet, and keeping up the resolve. 

Anyway, here's my swim set for today

600 Continuous Swim

25 Freestyle

25 Breast

25 Freestyle

25 Breast

50 Freestyle
50 Breast
50 Freestyle
50 Breast
75 Freestyle
75 Breast
75 Freestyle
75 Breast
150 Kick Set
6 X 4 X 25 Sprint Set IM Order
6 X 25 Sprint Kick
600 Continuous Drill
200 Freestyle Pull
200 IM Kick
200 IM Drill
150 Freestyle, Easy

Total 2250

I almost swam another 50 free because I hate ending on an odd lap, but I suppressed the OCD.

Other things:
Foam rolling, stretching, brushed the entire outdoor pool, I need to do my strength training, but it just felt so good to get dry and relax for a bit. Definitely need to do the strength stuff before pool stuff, at least in regards to my lazy personage.

After a harrowing 1st challenge of failure, on to round two! (with hopefully less failure!)

The Battle Begins, Part Deux!

So in the first challenge, I tried to accomplish more than what I could achieve. Now there is nothing wrong with setting high goals, unless failure is discouraging. Some weeks I did ok, other weeks I bombed. Lucky me, I'm a perfectionist, and failure is no real option. So, Challenge II is going to be looking at what went wrong in Challenge I, in order to improve or streamline, build up progress.

Part Deux: GOOOOOOOAL!

Diet --> I've been reading about the Whole 30 challenge, and it interests me, but I'm not into the Meat at Every Meal Ordeal nor am I convinced that beans are the devil, Bobby Busche. I like the encouragement focused on eating vegetables, and reducing processed sugar and sodium intake. I am tweaking my current diet to follow the premise of the Whole 30 that I find important: eat less processed food, and enjoy more whole foods. I am calling this a "Whole 30 Prep." Week by week through this challenge, I will be choosing different foods to replace those processed foods that I just can't seem to cut out of my life.  This challenge goal will be worth 5 Constitution points with an A average.

Week 1 --> Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

That's right, the window garden is starting this week. Herbs, salad greens, some root veg that can handle low light situations. This is about the extent of my gardening space, but we are starting the mid-summer round of growth. This week is a pass or fail since gardens take some time.

Week 2 --> Feeling a little fruity 

Sugar, all sugar, is now considered evil. Recently, I've been steadily replacing my sugar cravings with fruit, honey, dark chocolate, and the dairy I choose to eat.  Despite threats of future diabetic comas, I like to indulge in a sugar loaded treat on occasion. However, from this week and onward to the end of the challenge, I want to work on not consuming any processed sugar. Oh! and replacing the dark chocolate with whole cocoa. 

Grading Scale for Week 2

A --> Limit of 0 sugar loaded treats makes their way into the food

B --> Still eating dark chocolate

C --> Put white sugar in the coffee or tea

D --> Could not overcome the breadly goodness

F --> Something, Something, Sugary

Week 3 --> Water, water everywhere

It's still two weeks out from the beginning of the school year. I still work a crazy schedule, hopefully? A need for alertness is needed on long drives, and I has needs to forsake the blessed ambrosia of the gods, Mountain Dew.  This is the week to definitely focus on drinking lots of water, and looking for ways to replace that flavor and crispness one can achieve from soda. Tea, coffee, fruit and water, fresh squeezed juices... amongst all of these options I hope to find something to curb the MD craving.

Grading Scale for Week 3

A --> 4 liters of water were consumed, without cornsyrup or other processed additives + week 2 goals continues

B --> 4 liters of water were consumed, without cornsyrup or other processed additives

C --> My Sanity Demanded Alcohol

D --> Florida's Natural OJ Slipped In

F --> Soda was consumed

Week 4 --> Greens and Things

It has taken me several years to cultivate a fondness for greens. Their bitter and sharp flavors were once quite daunting, but now I would love to be able to eat them every day, at every meal even. Guess what? Greens for every meal!

Grading Scale for Week 4

A --> 1 or 2 servings of greens at every meal + week 2 and 3 goals

B --> 1 or 2 servings of greens at every meal

C --> 1 or 2 servings of greens 2 out of 3 primary meals

D --> 1 or 2 servings of greens 1 out of 3 primary meals

F --> no greens at any meal

Week 5 --> Things are looking grainy

And now it is time to slowly replace grains with more robust vegetables. Cauliflower, sweet potatoes, various squashes, etc. Now being of a more vegetarian mindset, I don't want to completely cut out grains. Variety is the greatest part of omnivory, after all. I eat fish, poultry, and the occasional pork belly/butt/rib when the mood strikes and the budget allows. So with this procedure, I want to achieve at making grains a variety food rather than the star of a dish.

Grading Scale for Week 5

A --> Consumed less than two grain dishes + week 2, 3, and 4 goals

B --> Consumed less than two grain heavy dishes

C --> Consumed less than three grain heavy dishes

D --> Consumed less than four grain heavy dishes

F --> Consumed more than five grain heavy dishes

Week 6 --> Local, Seasonal, Orgainc

The true test!  This is the first week of classes, as well as the test that will tax the previous goals. Looking for food in season, grown or raised within 100 mile radius of my home, and done so in an environmentally responsible manner. (yes, I know I'm a dirty hippy).

Grading Scale for Week 6

A --> more than 80% of consumed food local, in season, and organic + Previous weekly goals maintained

B --> more than 80% of consumed food local, in season, and organic

C --> more than 70% of consumed food local, in season, and organic

D --> more than 60% of consumed food local, in season, and organic

F --> less than 60% of consumed food local, in season, and organic

Along with this main goal, I am planning on keeping a food journal as well as make up a menu plan for the days ahead. 

Menu Plan Week 1

Monday

Breakfast

Fritatta

eggs, goat cheese, spinach, red peppers, turkey breast, chili sauce

Yogurt Bowl

Greek style yogurt, strawberries/blueberries, almonds/walnuts, flaxseeds, cherry vanilla granola

Coffee

cocoa powder, almond milk

Snackage

Fruit

apple, orange, banana

Salad

blueberries/blackberries/strawberries/cranberries, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, carrots, radishes, beets, basil/cilantro/dill/parsley, spinach, kale, romaine blend, almonds/walnuts/pistachios, flaxseeds, navy beans/adzuki beans/garbanzo beans/lentils/black beans balsamic vinaigrette/avocado ranch/hummus/lemon juice/dijon mustard/honey mustard, boiled egg

Dinner

Pad Thai

rice noodles, mung beans, tofu, Pad Thai sauce, pistachios, green onion, chicken, egg

Tuesday

Breakfast

Yogurt Bowl

Greek style yogurt, strawberries/blueberries, almonds/walnuts, flaxseeds, cherry vanilla granola

Fritatta

eggs, goat cheese, spinach, red peppers, turkey breast, chili sauce

Coffee

Snackage

Fruit

apple, orange, banana

Salad

blueberries/blackberries/strawberries/cranberries, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, carrots, radishes, beets, basil/cilantro/dill/parsley, spinach, kale, romaine blend, almonds/walnuts/pistachios, flaxseeds, navy beans/adzuki beans/garbanzo beans/lentils/black beans balsamic vinaigrette/avocado ranch/hummus/lemon juice/dijon mustard/honey mustard, boiled egg

Dinner

Lasagna

leftovers

Salad

greens, dressing, cucumbers/radishes/carrots

Wednesday

Breakfast

Yogurt Bowl

Breakfast Burrito

guacamole, salsa, scrambled eggs, chili sauce, turkey breast, spinach, corn tortilla 

Coffee

Snackage

Fruit

apple, orange, banana

Salad

Dinner

Thai Salad

purple cabbage, napa cabbage, bacon bits, pistachios, Thai Dressing, tofu, mung beans, chicken

Thursday

Breakfast

Yogurt Bowl

Breakfast Burrito

guacamole, salsa, scrambled eggs, chili sauce, turkey breast, spinach, corn tortilla 

Coffee

Snackage

Fruit

apple, orange, banana

Salad

Dinner

Foil Packs

fish, squash, lemon, tomatoes, brown rice

Salad

Friday

Breakfast

Yogurt Bowl

Breakfast Burrito

Coffee

Snackage

Fruit

apple, orange, banana

Salad

Dinner

Red Sauce

red sauce, whole grain pasta, Italian turkey/chicken sausage

Salad

Saturday

Breakfast

Yogurt Bowl

Snackage

Fajitas/fajita salad

Refried beans, Spanish rice, onions, bell peppers, chicken, spinach, corn tortillas

Dinner

Pizza night

Sunday

Breakfast

Breakfast Salad

eggs, spinach, veggies

Snackage

Leftovers

Dinner

Chili and Cornbread

tomatoes, beans, ground turkey, honey vegan cornbread

Hmm, I am going to make whatever day I do meal prep my official go out for dinner day. 2+ hours in the kitchen = no desire for further cooking.

On the bright side, my frittata is going to be delicious in the morning.

Oh hi, Daily Battle Log! I have totally forgotten about you! It has been too long. You are not looking well, with the few rambling posts that I have made in the past couple of years. Maybe I should put in just a couple more? Ok.

12/30/2014

Workout

Physical Therapy for Wrists and Ankles

3 x 10

Warm Up

3 x 10 Back and Forward Leg Swings

3 x 10 Side Leg Swings

3 x 10 Arm Swings

3 x 10 Shoulder Shrugs

3 x 1 Sun Salutations

Workout

2 x

20 Body Weight Squats

5 Kneeling Push Ups

5 Diamond Kneeling Push Ups

5 Wide Kneeling Push Ups

5 Down Dog Push Ups

15 Body Weight Lunges Left Leg

15 Second Side Plank on the Left

15 Body Weight Lunges Right Leg

15 Second Side Plank on the Right

20 Calf Raises

40 Second Plank

10 Shoulder Hangs

Cool Down

3 x 10 second

Calf Stretch

Quadriceps Stretch

Hamstring Stretch

Butterfly Stretch

Triceps Stretch

Biceps Stretch

Chest Stretch

Banana Stretch

Breakfast

2 Eggs

2 handfuls of Spinach

2 Strips of Bacon

2 tablespoons of homemade Artichoke Dip (mostly cheese, but sooo tasty)

Salt and Pepper to Taste

Banana

Recipe -- Cheesy Artichoke Dip (for parties and non-paleo/vegan/lactose intolerant friends)

12 oz. (1.5 cups or ~350 grams) Artichoke Hearts, roughly chopped (keep the marinated juice if not home steamed)

4 oz. (0.5 cups or ~114 grams) Pimento Peppers, roughly chopped and with any brine (or any pepper you like)

8 oz. (1 cup or ~225 grams) Neufchatel Cheese (the same amount of cream cheese, or a 1/4 cup of yogurt or mayonnaise if you like the tang)

4 oz. (0.5 cups or ~114 grams) Feta Cheese (or any crumbly cheese of your choice)

0.5 oz (1 tablespoon or ~14 grams) Minced Garlic (or 2 teaspoons of garlic powder)

Salt and Pepper to Taste

About half of the remaining Artichoke Brine (~2 oz, ~0.25 cups, or 56 grams) (use more if thinner dip is desired)

Mix all of the ingredients together. Heat in oven at 350* F (~176*C) until cheese is just starting to brown on top. Allow to cool, then dip almost anything into the cheesy miasma of goodness. (Or use in omelets). 

• Like 1

Howdy Syren!  I love your workout... looks totally doable!  I've got some mega problematic knees and your routine looks great.  Do you have any recommendations for keeping balance or supporting knees during lunges?

Subbing :)

Shellsan

Race: Satyr  |  Class:  Adventurer
[Level: 1 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0]

Challenges:  Current Challenge

Accountibillibuddies:  MISC RPG Fanatics

Hello Battlelog. It appears to be that time again, that time when there is an in between in the 6-week challenge department.

The scouts have an interim challenge: The Run-Ger Games

Interim Trials for the next 6-week challenge!

Workout Style Trial           | M | T | W | R | F | Sa | Su |

Swim -- Endurance             | 0 | 0 |   |   |   |    |    |

Train -- Flexibility & Balance| 0 | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Swim -- Power                 | X | 0 |   |   |   |    |    |

Train -- Weight Lifting       | 0 | 0 |   |   |   |    |    |

Swim -- Speed                 | 0 | 0 |   |   |   |    |    |

Swim -- Stamina               | 0 | 0 |   |   |   |    |    |

Train -- Body Weight Strength | 0 | 0 |   |   |   |    |    |

Eat the Rainbow Trial -- One serving of each color at each meal -- (serving size is arbitrary so long as the total color = 1 cup at the end of the day unless special with a + or * by it)

Colorful Trial                | M | T | W | R | F | Sa | Su |
Breakfast
Green                         | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Red                           | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Yellow                        | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

White                         | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Purple                        | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Protein                       | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |
Lunch
Green                         | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Red                           | 0 | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Yellow                        | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

White                         | 0 | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Purple                        | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Protein                       | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |
Dinner
Green                         | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Red                           | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Yellow                        | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

White                         | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Purple                        | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Protein                       | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Save Money -- By Not Getting Starbucks! Booze! Soda! or Panera!

Save Money                    | M | T | W | R | F | Sa | Su |

Abstain From Starbucks        | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Abstain From Soda             | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Abstain From Booze            | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Abstain From Panera           | X |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Keep Trying to Find Balance in Life

Balance                       | M | T | W | R | F | Sa | Su |

Study for Wetlands Ecology    | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Study fro GIS                 | 0 | 0 |   |   |   |    |    |

Study Spanish                 | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Practice Piano                | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Get 7 - 8 Hours of Sleep      | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Get 30 Minutes of Sunshine    | 0 |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Only work the 20 hours        |

for which I am paid           | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Job Hunt                      | X | X |   |   |   |    |    |

Keep moving throughout the day

Constant Movement             M | T | W | R | F | Sa | Su |

Park Far Away                 |   |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Sit No More than 20 minutes   |   |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Ab Exercises in the Car       |   |   |   |   |   |    |    |

Hmm, I can already see that this is going to be a little overwhelming.

So, I believe I will continue to focus on eat green things at each meal

Once that is super comfortable, I might add in yellow/orange things

I will take this focus on one thing at a time to the saving money category: just focus on abandoning Starbucks -- I hate their coffee anyway, merely they are convenient 

I want to keep tracking my swims, but I really need some flexibility and balance workouts

side quests -- so finding balance is complicated, but I really, really need to pass Wetlands Ecology with an A, but I hate studying... so studying for class is the priority in overwhelming situations.

the additional parking far away will keep me moving enough for right now I think.

I think I see my theme finally... and I might be joining the druids this round... that is still tbd though.

You knew it would come eventually…

Dearest town members -- I am venturing forth from Pallet Town and making the long and arduous journey to the Pokemon league. No, don’t try to stop me -- the tall grass cannot deter me -- oh! It is dangerous to go alone. I agree, but Professor Oak was not in the lab today and none of his assistants know where he is. Of course his grandson was no help at all in finding him. We were supposed to meet his freshly caught pokemon this morning. Sometimes he gives pokemon away to newbie adventurers who go off to collect research or samples for him.

That’s me! Field sampler extraordinaire!  I specialize in water pokemon.

What? Why would I want to specialize in fire or electric pokemon? Everyone likes those guys. Nope, water pokemon are the new frontier. I’ve even got my dad’s old fishing rod to help out with catching them.

I’ve got to get going to make it to Pewter city!

*Marches off towards the long grass.*

*Professor Oak appears.* “Syren! I was just about to go looking for you. I must show you this newest pokemon. I know you are eager to start your own research, sadly I am unable to continue to fund you. So while you are collecting samples for my research, you will want to keep an eye out for new work!â€

*Looks marginally crestfallen, but is determined to shake out a CV and epic cover letter.*

“Come with me!†*Says Professor Oak.*

*Syren follows Oak into the lab only to find her arch nemesis, Procrastination, lingering by a clutch of pokeballs. Syren eyes him suspiciously before standing next to him.*

“All right you two,†says the professor. “I have a job for each of you. First, Syren I need you to pick up this package for me in Viridian City before you start collecting. I know package delivery isn’t the most glamorous thing for a young scientist, but you are still a graduate student until August 11. So just do it.†*Syren takes the package slip and pockets it. Oak continues on:* “Procrastination here will start collecting -- I think he will need the head start -- though this is no competition --†*Syren and Procrastination glare at each other to the contrary, but Oak continues,* “I am letting each of you borrow a companion, fresh from the field to help you in your discoveries.† *Oak hands each student a pokeball. Syren thought it felt slightly warm and thought she could feel a tiny heartbeat coming from the contraption.* “Remember that this is a living creature and that they require care and affection regularly.â€

*Syren pressed the button on the pokeball to see what would pop out. A furry monstrosity unfolded from the confines of the ball. Dark black eyes blinked at her with slight confusion.* “Daww. You are freaking adorable.†*She said to the Eevee. It merely blinked at her. Meanwhile, Procrastination released his own pokemon, which was also an Eevee. Syren let her new companion sniff her hand before offering all of the pets. It was wary at first, but soon was enjoying belly rubs and the tiniest of headbutts.*

*Procrastination merely held his Eevee at arms length and sighed that of a languishing human being.* “Gramps, this thing is all but useless. Don’t you have any good pokemon?â€

*Oak humphed,* “That is hardly a useless pokemon. It should be the most versatile of any we have discovered so far. If you train them well, they are very loyal, plus they are some of the quickest to learn.†*Syren nodded at all of his points while she dangled her fingers around the tiny pokemon. It pounced and nipped playfully.

*Oak shoved a potion into Procrastination’s free hand and looked apologetically at the Eevee. He also offered a potion to Syren while she was cuddling her Eevee.* “You can name them if you want. It usually makes it easier to train them if they have names.â€

*Syren looked into those big dark eyes for a long moment.* “Who are you?†she asked, tickling the Eevee under the chin. She checked to see if the Eevee was male or female.* “A little girl Eevee… what would a good name be?†*She paced the room moving the little pokemon to her shoulder so that it could nest in her hair while she thought.* “How about Rain?â€

*Procrastination sneered,* “You have to find a water stone before you name it that.â€

*Syren shrugged,* “Whatever radiation changes her first I suppose. It’s not like our language doesn’t have homophones, and pokemon, so far as I can tell, cannot spell in English.†*She patted Rain and made sure that the pokemon was securely nested in the hood of her sweatshirt before she made for the door.* “Off to get your package, Professor. Don’t make any new discoveries without me.â€

Day 1 goals (Thursday 7/16/2015)

• Make new friends -- get a generic cover letter ready and polish the CV

• Travel to Viridian City -- Swim, Walk, Bike, etc. at least 6 miles for the day

wce06g.jpg

• Pick up Oak’s Parcel -- It is freakishly heavy -- strength train on the way 1 x

• Take Care of Rain -- Well balanced diets unite! Eat a lot of plants and some animals… er pokemon?

357hwe1.jpg

Fluffy, Destroyer of Worlds :D

Day 2 Friday July 17, 2015

*Syren made her way along Route 1, Rain snuggled close to her neck. Occasionally the Eevee would peek an eye out and look curiously over Syren’s shoulder. Together they waded through tall grass while Syren kept on a look out for other pokemon. Once or twice they ran into a Rattata or Pidgey, and even a Sentret popped out of the grass to see what was going on.

Instead of battling, like most pokemon trainers, Syren merely observed the behaviors of each pokemon they encountered. Rain chirped and purred whenever they made a new discovery. When they encountered their second Pidgey, Syren let Rain down from her hood so that she could see what Rain would make of this encounter. The Pidgey squawked and stamped before scratching dirt at the two perceived invaders. Rain hunkered down with her ears drawn back flat against her head. She growled at the Pidgey and whipped her tail back and forth. The Pidgey did not seem at all perturbed and flapped its wings in Rain’s direction kicking up more dust and dirt.  Rain dug her heels into the ground and gave a short yip when the bird stopped flapping. The Pidgey squawked back before making a scratch in the dirt as if it would go about its business again. Rain yipped again, her ears perking back up in a playful manner. The Pidgey stopped scratching and looked at the Eevee with a glare. Rain was not affected by this, instead the little pokemon began to playfully run towards the bird in a tackle. The Pidgey squawked, but was pounced upon by the little Eevee. Rain tried to grabbed the bird in her teeth, but was not quick enough to avoid a stabbing beak to the shoulder.

Rain whimpered and backed away from the bird. The Pidgey ruffled its feathers making it seem twice the normal size. The intimidation tactic caused Rain to limp backwards towards Syren. She looked over the Eevee. There was a bruise welling up from where the Pidgey had pecked Rain, but otherwise the pokemon looked fine. Syren shrugged and picked up Rain as they backed away from the Pidgey.

But it followed them through the grass and aimed a peck at Syren’s heels. Syren side-stepped the bird and kicked up a rock at it. Rain growled and jumped down from Syren’s arms. The Pidgey was about to peck Syren again when Rain tackled it to the ground and bit down on the bird’s throat. The Eevee worried the Pidgey around until it stopped flapping its wings.

Once still, Rain sat back on her hunches and let her jaws work around the bird for a moment. Once comfortable, she stood up and pranced over to Syren presenting her catch proudly. Syren cocked her head to the side with a quirky smile,* “And Procrastination said you were useless! Such slander when you have already found and brought back dinner for the two of us.†*Syren took the bird from Rain, then sat down in the grass. She rummaged in her pack for the potion Professor Oak had given her.  She took it out then gathered Rain in her arms so that she could slather a little on the bruise forming on the Eevee’s shoulder. Rain wriggled at first, but the potion reacted quickly to soothe the ache, so she began to purr.

They were not far from Viridian City and could be there in another half hour. But with the day growing to a close, Syren thought it best to head back to the Lab in the daylight. She packed up their things and headed into the town for some food, and bed for the night.*

• Make new friends -- get a generic cover letter ready and polish the CV :onthego: 
  • Travel to Viridian City -- Swim, Walk, Bike, etc. at least 3 miles for the day :onthego: 
  • Pick up Oak’s Parcel -- It is freakishly heavy -- strength train on the way 1 x :onthego: 
  • Take Care of Rain -- Well balanced diets unite! Eat a lot of plants and some animals… er pokemon? :onthego:

Day 2 goals (Friday 7/17/2015)

• Apply to one job
  • Swim, Walk, Bike, etc. at least 3 miles for the day
  • Eat all of the plants
  • Water, Coffee, Tea instead! 

*Syren and Rain awakened in the Pokemon Center of Viridian City. Both pounced on some breakfast, then headed out the door. Syren took a moment to explore the town before heading to the pokemart where Professor Oak’s package was waiting. There was an old man at the edge of town barring the way and proclaiming that there were great mysteries to the catching of pokemon. Syren glanced down at Rain and Rain up at Syren. Both shrugged and continued on their way towards the pokemon gym.

*Syren new that in order to become a pokemon trainer and gain admittance to the Indigo Plateau, you had to fight pokemon against one another. While catching dinner was all well and good, the idea of forcing Rain to fight made Syren a little sick to her stomach. It was a strange concept, the trainer’s received the praise and glory by pitting their pokemon against each other in mortal combat. Syren stared at the locked gym door as she picked Rain up to scratch her ears. Finally, as the day was getting on, Syren hopped the ledge between the gym and Pokemart so that she could get Oak’s package.

*The proprietor was a fat, greasy man standing behind the counter to hawk his wares. Syren stepped up to him and asked if he had a package for Professor Oak of Pallet Town. He did and he would be happy to get rid of it. Syren told him that Oak would wire him the money, she was merely the delivery girl. The man tried to dicker, but Syren was steadfast, her menacing glare frosty.

Rain and Syren grabbed lunch at the Pokemon Center before heading back towards Pallet Town. The way was a little easier since it was downhill.*

• Apply to one job (did 2) :onthego: 

• Swim, Walk, Bike, etc. at least 3 miles for the day :onthego: 

• Eat all of the plants :onthego: 

• Water, Coffee, Tea instead! :onthego: 

Day 3 Goals Saturday 18, 2015

• Write Discussion for Etox

• Swim, Walk, Bike, etc. at least 3 miles for the day

• Become more flexible

• Definitely eat more plants 

I have not been paying close attention to my current 6-week challenge -- mostly been phoning it in. 

For the past few challenges, I have been losing track of which week I am on -- which is due to my low prioritization of posting on NF. So. I think we are about to enter week 5 of this end of fall challenge. So I am going to reboot it now here instead of fully waiting until the next mini-challenge to the end of the year. 

I like to start my challenges on Sundays -- so tomorrow begins:

THE QUEST FOR THE UNCREAKING BODY

EPISODE XVIII

THE FORCE AWAKENS

After an untimely defeat at the hands of Darth Procrastination, Syren finds herself alone on Myrkr, the dangerous Force absent planet in the midrim. Shut off from the Force and surrounded by deadly Vornskrs, Syren must remember how to survive in the wilds of unforgiving planets and make her way to safety in the Neti or human settlements dotting the planet.

Little does Syren know, that Darth Procrastination hovers above the planet, awaiting the perfect moment to strike. Syren must make an important decision: Side with Darth Procrastination and seek the path of destruction as a Sith, or maintain the narrow virtue of the Jedi. 

The Jedi Code

Emotion, Yet Peace

Ignorance, Yet Knowledge

Passion, Yet Serenity

Chaos, Yet Harmony

Death, Yet the Force

The Code of the Sith

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.

Through Passion, I gain Strength.

Through Strength, I gain Power.

Through Power, I gain Victory.

Through Victory, My chains are Broken!

The Force shall set me Free

Quest 1: Find Food

Sith Gains +1 for each consumed

Sugar

Dairy

Grain

Alcohol

Jedi Gains +1 for each consumed

Vegetables

Fruits

Flesh

Water

Quest 2: Gain Strength

Sith Gains +2 for sleeping in to ignore strength training

Jedi Gains +2 for > 2 workouts per week

Quest 3: Stay Flexible

Sith Gains +3 for watching TV to ignore flexibility training

Jedi Gains +3 for > 2 workouts per week 

Quest 4: Seek Wisdom

Sith Gains +1 for each activity used to ignore Spanish practice

SWTOR (per 10 minutes)

Pinterest (per 10 minutes)

Jedi Gains +1 for each activity completed

10 minutes of Duolingo Spanish daily

30 minutes Listen to Spanish audiobook or podcast daily

20 minutes of Spoken Spanish daily

Bonus Quest: Keep Moving

Sith Gains +1 for sitting still for more than 20 minutes

Jedi Gains +1 for > 4 swims per week and > 15,000 steps per week

Tracking

11/29/2015 to 12/05/2015 Week 1: Jedi () Sith ()

12/06/2015 to 12/12/2015 Week 2: Jedi () Sith ()

12/13/2015 to 12/19/2015 Week 3: Jedi () Sith ()

12/20/2015 to 12/28/2015 Week 4: Jedi () Sith ()

12/29/2015 to 01/02/2016 Week 5: Jedi () Sith ()

01/03/2015 to 01/09/2016 Week 6: Jedi () Sith ()

Challenge Total: Jedi () Sith ()

Find Food

Week 1: M (5 , 10) T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

Week 2: M () T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

Week 3: M () T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

Week 4: M () T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

Week 5: M () T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

Week 6: M () T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

Gain Strength

Week 1: M (-) T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

Stay Flexible

Week 1: M (-) T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

Seek Wisdom

Week 1: M () T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

Keep Moving

Week 1: M (1) T () W () R () F () Sa () Su ()

I love reading your posts, they have tons of info in them. I would like to see you post more often so I can follow along.

I usually post in the Scout Challenge threads -- because I simply forget all about this one 

>.>

<.<

Today's Swim

500 free easy pace

4 x 75 one arm drill + swim

4 x 100 descend easy to threshold pace

100 kick easy pace

100 swim easy pace

3 x 100 descend moderate to threshold pace

100 kick easy pace

100 swim easy pace

2 x 100 swim descend threshold to sprint pace

100 kick easy pace

100 swim easy pace

100 swim sprint from starting block

100 kick  easy pace

Total 2500 yards total

I did not eat well at all today, need to reevaluate recipes and energy levels tonight.

Time to go down to the refrigerator and pantry to make a meal plan... as soon as I get done with this whole being lazy thing and lay on the floor with my computer...

Where was I?

Oh yes,  SW theme... I'll come back to that.

Things I'm Doing Right Now -- Because I love links!

My First 4-Week Challenge  -- Guardians of the micro-Galaxy

In an attempt to reclaim the ability to do almost anything -- because creaking is terrible.

Highlights

1) Eat Vegetables -- at least 2 cups a day

2) Drink tea, not soda

3) Swim -- daily

4)* Bonus Dry Land addition to swimming -- daily

5) Check your coffee roll -- Save money -- don't buy lattes

Accountabilabuddies 

Walking to Mordor

Study Hall -- working on Spanish via Duolingo and R via Datacamp

Epic Quest Goals >> Remider to myself about where it is

Also, I will always put swim tags in all of my threads --> because I love talking about my sport, and answering questions makes me giddy.

Battle Log Story?

Well I will be working on that as well, hopefully daily, as a kind of meditation -- because that is what writing is for me, as well as a creative outlet.

Sunday 2/7/2016

[_] 3 x 5 reverse push ups

[_] 3 x 15 squats

[_] 3 x 10 second hangs

[_] 3 x 8 lunges

[_] 3 x 5 dips

[_] Walk 3 miles

[_] Bike for 10 minutes

[_] Eat 6 cups of Vegetables

[_] Eat 3 cups of Fruit

[_] Eat 9 oz. High Quality Protein

[_] Drink 8 oz. of Coffee

[_] Drink 8 oz. Tea

[_] Drink 120 oz. Water

[_] Spanish Lesson

[_] French Lesson

[_] Floss

[_] Brush Teeth AM

[_] Brush Teeth PM

[_] Make Dinner At Home

Monday 2/8/2016

[_] Swim for an hour

[_] Yoga for 15 minutes

[_] Walk 3 miles

[_] Bike for 10 minutes

[_] Eat 3 cups of Fruit

[_] Drink 8 oz. Tea

[_] Drink 120 oz. Water

[_] Spanish Lesson

[_] French Lesson

[_] Floss

[_] Brush Teeth AM

[_] Brush Teeth PM

[_] Make Dinner At Home

Tuesday 2/9/2016

[_] 3 x 15 squats

[_] 3 x 10 second hangs

[_] 3 x 8 lunges

[_] 3 x 5 dips

[_] Swim for an hour

[_] Walk 3 miles

[_] Bike for 10 minutes

[_] Eat 3 cups of Fruit

[_] Drink 8 oz. Tea

[_] Drink 120 oz. Water

[_] Spanish Lesson

[_] French Lesson

[_] Floss

[_] Brush Teeth AM

[_] Brush Teeth PM

[_] Make Dinner At Home

Wednesday 2/10/2016

[_] Swim for an hour

[_] Yoga for 15 minutes

[_] Walk 3 miles

[_] Bike for 10 minutes

[_] Eat 3 cups of Fruit

[_] Drink 8 oz. Tea

[_] Drink 120 oz. Water

[_] Spanish Lesson

[_] French Lesson

[_] Floss

[_] Brush Teeth AM

[_] Brush Teeth PM

[_] Make Dinner At Home

Thursday 2/11/2016

[_] 3 x 15 squats

[_] 3 x 10 second hangs

[_] 3 x 8 lunges

[_] 3 x 5 dips

[_] Swim for an hour

[_] Walk 3 miles

[_] Bike for 10 minutes

[_] Eat 3 cups of Fruit

[_] Drink 8 oz. Tea

[_] Drink 120 oz. Water

[_] Spanish Lesson

[_] French Lesson

[_] Floss

[_] Brush Teeth AM

[_] Brush Teeth PM

[_] Make Dinner At Home

Friday 2/12/2016

[_] Swim for an hour

[_] Yoga for 15 minutes

[_] Walk 3 miles

[_] Bike for 10 minutes

[_] Eat 3 cups of Fruit

[_] Drink 8 oz. Tea

[_] Drink 120 oz. Water

[_] Spanish Lesson

[_] French Lesson

[_] Floss

[_] Brush Teeth AM

[_] Brush Teeth PM

[_] Make Dinner At Home

Saturday 2/13/2016

[_] Swim for an hour

[_] Walk 3 miles

[_] Bike for 10 minutes

[_] Eat 3 cups of Fruit

[_] Drink 8 oz. Tea

[_] Drink 120 oz. Water

[_] Spanish Lesson

[_] French Lesson

[_] Floss

[_] Brush Teeth AM

[_] Brush Teeth PM

[_] Make Dinner At Home