Greetings & Salutations

I'm Trey, a 30 (almost 31) y.o., enlisted member of the US Coast Guard. I'm currently stationed here in New Orleans, LA, but have orders to go to Valdez, AK. I'm a Marine Science Technician, though we don't do much science anymore in my field; little bit of weather, but that's all. I do get to do a lot of awsome stuff at work though. I've been here in NOLA since '04, & yes, Hurricane Katrina was horrible. That was the longest week of my life!

My wife & I are ready to get out of NOLA, as this is the BUSIEST place on the planet for what I do in the CG. I do everything maritime safety related. Inspecting waterfront facilities (chem plants, refineries, and the like), examining many foreign vessels, and for the last two years I have been in our pollution response dept. I respond to oil spills like this Down here in the marshes & bayous we are constantly having to keep an eye out for oiled wildlife. It's a fun, exciting job, but I'm ready for a break. 6 yrs of non-stop action has me itching for the quiet work atmosphere that awaits me in Valdez.

About a yr & a half ago I weighed about 250lbs, and decided that I had been doing nothing for long enough. Though a recent shoulder surgery & back injury didn't help matters leading up to getting to that weight. I dropped 60 lbs in 6 months doing exclusively cardio for 5mos, then adding weights. I then gained 15lbs back in muscle since then. Mainly, I want to get lean. My upper legs have always been big from playing football & soccer when I was younger. I am also having a hard time losing that last bit of fat off my stomach no matter how many crunches/core exercises I do. Here is a sample of my routine, though I normally do cardio & core stuff every day.

I need to work harder on my diet, but it is very difficult as I am a responder. So my choices are sometimes limited, and have a lot of fried foods there :( Really wish it was easier to take fresh food on a response!

Well, that's about it for me.

Hey Trey -

Welcome aboard man.

Yeah, unfortunately you can do 1000000 crunches, but it won't get the fat off your stomach. It all comes down to diet, diet, diet.

Take us a through a typical day of eating for you, and I can make a few suggestions or recommendations on what you can change.

Congrats on your past success of knocking off 60 lbs and then packing on some muscle though.

Glad to have ya here!

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.