Quest for the Golden Idol

This thread is intended to be used by those invited to join the group. This group will be a mix of "Live" actions and Roleplaying in a D&D type format along with an interactive story. Each participant will be their own character. Race and Stats will be based upon the decisions you made for yourself when setting up your NF character. Throughout the story, your character (along with those in the party) will encounter different obstacles in their path. Some will require feats of strength to pass, others feats of the mind, while others still will test your speed or endurance or your combat skills. Each participant will record their progress with the goals on this thread and once the preset time is up, it will be determined if the party has passed the obstacle or not. Pass, and the party moves on. Fail and there will be a consequence. IF you are interested in joining the party on their quest, please PM me and I will see if there are any available spaces for you to join in. PLEASE DO NOT JUST JOIN WITHOUT FIRST SPEAKING WITH ME. Happy Adventuring

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

The pain behind your eyes is the first thing you become aware of. A splitting pain sitting right between your eyes. 'God my head' you think, going to rub you're face hoping the pain will go away. When you try though you find your hands are tied behind your back. You try twisting around to see you hands when you realize that you are tied to a post of some kind. 'WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?'

Frantically, you twist around so that you can reach you boot knife so you can cut yourself free, letting out a string of curses, you discover that not only is you knife gone, but also its sheath, your boot, AND your sock. You try to take an assessment of your equipment that is still on you but you realize that you have nothing on you but your breeches and your under tunic. Fighting the panic welling up inside of you, you take stock of where you are for the first time since coming to.

As far as you can tell you are in a cellar of some kind. Sitting on a flagstone floor covered with hay, you see a table sitting roughly 6 feet away with your gear neatly laid out of top. On top of you tunic you see a piece of parchment but can't tell anymore than that. You struggle against your bonds but aren't able to loosen them at all. Feeling panic welling up inside of you, you think back to a lesson you had when you were a small child from a druid you met once. 'Panic will only cloud the mind. When the time comes something will happen. Whether it is the universe delivering it's will to you, or you taking a hand in your own fate, something will happen.' As far as you can tell you have only two options. Relax and let the universe take charge, or take fate into your own hands. As you start to deliberate on what to do you hear footsteps overhead.

Now is the time for choice. Do you free yourself, or do you wait and see what is in store?

The Choices

*Free Yourself*

Do at least 1 hour (accumulative) of Yoga or stretching, concentrating on pushing the limits of your body. Don't go as far as to injure yourself, but try that new move you have wanted to try, or push for that extra 1/8 of an inch.

*Wait and See*

Meditate for a total of at least 30 minutes, making an extra effort to analyze what is around you. What do you feel? What do you see? Smell? Taste? Hear? Record how you felt before and after your meditation along with the length of time you spent meditating.

Remember, the sooner you make a decision and act on it, the sooner you can find out your fate.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I am a human Spartan Ranger and I will be working on my flexibility for the obstacle with either YogaX or Xstretch from the p90x series.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I am Pwallace's trusty sidekick.      A half-orc ranger.   Don't let the gruff looks fool you, this lady is all class when it counts.   Ok... maybe not.   But like I say, better to be strong, than pretty and useless.

I'm in!

I am going to stretch and twist and wriggle and gain some poise as I do some rogue-like escape artist on these bindings.   

(Which is a really good thing, because I am still stiff/sore from Saturday's work out.  Extra stretching, especially on hamstrings and back will be great for this challenge.)

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I'm also a Spartan Ranger, and Pwallace, I think we need to lose these binding and get our shields back.

I got this guys, I'm all over this stretching, no silly binding will stop me.

LV 3 - Lawful Good - Spartan - Ranger Current Challenge: One Momentous Word

Previous Challenge: #1 #2 #3

Battle Log - Epic Quest: To become a Spartan

Current Attributes:

STR - 6.75   DEX - 8   STA - 7

CON - 6   WIS - 9   CHA - 7

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, get the hell out of my way, I've got things to do.

Its not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.

wood elf ranger here...

I do moving meditation... will do thursday...

I am going to be on the trail for six days though... and won't be able to post my successes

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

SOOOO this may be bad to post on there BUT I already have the next 3 or so obstacles planned out and have the next portion of the story written. I am really looking forward to this, and I believe I will be posting the next obstacle on thursday. Don't worry alienJen, the next few are still going to be easy so you coudl just bust them all out at once if you wanted.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

if I knew tomorrow I could do them on the trail... we won't get a chance to check internet after I go to bed weds because I'm leaving early .... really really early

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hah, Pwallace is really in a creative mojo mood. ;)  Yeeaaaahbaby!

Hey PW - Can we 'write' little blurbs when we post in on what we've done and stuff?   Add pictures?     Etc?

Oh and PS - maybe you could private message Alienjenn and let her know what the next ones are, so she can do them and just post them when she comes back.   We would be none the wiser!   And she doesn't get left behind - all stuck being tied up!  ;)

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I'm working on packing for trip... I've got my trusty yoga mat (which will double as my underpad in my hammock)... instructions from this nasty being who has my loved one... guidelines for the assassin guild photo challenge... my own challenge guidelines and supplies...

Somewhere in there I need room for clean underwear and food.... possibly

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Spoiler

Hah, Pwallace is really in a creative mojo mood. ;)  Yeeaaaahbaby!

Hey PW - Can we 'write' little blurbs when we post in on what we've done and stuff?   Add pictures?     Etc?

Oh and PS - maybe you could private message Alienjenn and let her know what the next ones are, so she can do them and just post them when she comes back.   We would be none the wiser!   And she doesn't get left behind - all stuck being tied up!  ;)

I am al for the blurbs addded in with pictures and all that. I plan on adding in a nice touch for thursdays update. (AlienJenn is actually ahead of the group due to her heading out for the traveling.) I'll be updating my escape later tonight. Hope to hear from the rest of my group

Also if anyone as any ideas or suggestions feel free to PM me with the subject of adventuring idea, and I will see about working it in

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Nice! I'm in!!

I'm a Human Ranger.

I'm going to... get out of my bonds, asap! If I'm going to meet whoever belongs to those footprints it's better to be free. It is possible I may want to stick around (largely debatable seeing as my host(s) have tied me up!), but I want the choice. Plus, I hate being cooped up indoors.

I'll look into hitting up a yoga class or just doing some stretching at home. Looking at Thursday.

Level 2 Ranger

STR 5.5/DEX 0/STA 1/CON 6/WIS 7/CHA 6

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it.

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/

*wriggle wriggle* 

*streeetch*

"Just a little bit more... I can almost reach ... my other... !  I hear someone... maybe they're coming back.  Better hold tight for now."

(Ten minutes of stretching post run.   FINALLY my hamstrings are starting to loosen up from those deadlifts.)

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

*twist* 

*Stretch*

*Wiggle*

*ROLL*

All most there...WHOOOOOOO! *tips over and smacks head on floor*

OW! stupid stupid bonds least I got out.

(Did my 60 min of stretching yesterday and Damn do I feel better. Well my back is still tight but owell. How goes everyone else's progress with their bonds?)

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

*stretch stretch*

"Ow... dammit.   Everything's so stiff and sore... how long have I been tied up in here anyway?"

*wriggle, bend...*

"C'mon cmon."

(10 minutes stretching after strength session.   I wish I had more time because holy crap I am still way sore from the glute bridges and jump lunges.    Will get 10 more minutes in after the lunch run.   More if I make really good time?)

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

alright is everyone ready for obstacle #2? I realized (after putting myself through it) that 60 min of stretching or yoga is ALOT! so I am going to drop the time restraint back to 30 min because I know everyone doesn't necisarilly have the same amount of time to dedicate as other would. If I don't hear back from people by tomorrow about finishing Obstacle #1 (with the exception of alienjen of course) then I am going to make the assumption that you didn't make it out of your bonds and will work the story to take that into account. here is obstacle #2!!!

By calming yourself and assessing the situation, you are able to slip the bonds with a little bit of effort. Granted the inverted headstand that you did to see your hands better around the pole probably wasn’t necessary BUT you wanted to show whoever might be watching that you are not so easily captured. Rubbing your hands and wrists in an attempt to return the feeling back to them, you walk over to the table to see what your mysterious captures left of yours. After donning you cloak and buckling on your weapons, you decide it is time to find out what the heck is going on here. You pick up the letter hoping it will shed some light on you situation. It reads

rerutnevda ediced ot emiT .sdnah ruoy ni si efil riehT .eno devol rouy llik lliw I ,em dinf ot tpmetta uoy fi or nni eht ot nruter ton od uoy fI .nni yrev siht ni snoitcurtsni rehtruf tiawa dna lodI eht eveirter ot era uoY .lodI nedlog eht dnif lliw uoy ,evac eht fo dne eht tA .eriapseD tnouM ni detacol srednoW fo evaC eht retne dna ,tseroF kraD eht hgourht levart ot era uoY .eltsac ym ni eno devol ruoy evah I .sdooW kraD eht fo egde eht no nni na ni era ouY .ouy rof elpmis siht ekam lliw I .ereh era uoy yhw dna era ouy erehw gnirednow  ylekil tsom era uoY .fo skeaps dnegel taht rerutnevda suomaf eht eb t’ndlouw ouy saw ti fi niaga nehT .ouy rof tluciffid oot t’nsaw sdnob ruoy gnippils taht epoh I

Initially looking at the message you have no idea what it says but you start to notice a pattern.

Objectives
*Decipher the message*
Decipher the message and complete 2 sudoku puzzles. If you have never done Sudoku before then start with an easy level. If you normally do easy do advance up to the normal difficulty. If you do normal then do hard ect. If you normally do the hardest you can find then give either the dual Sudoku a try or move on to kakuro. If you can already do kakuro no problem then I hate you and I will kill off your character the first chance I get. (I am kidding…kind of….yeah I am…not….OR AM I?!?!?!?!?)

here are a couple different sudoku links if you need them

Link #1

Link #2

Link #3

as a fun additive why not give a list of the equipment that you are carrying with you?

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I've been struggling for awhile and my bonds are almost free! I can feel them significantly loosening. Freedom is within my grasp!

I've just finished 30 minutes of stretching. I plan to get another 30 minutes in tonight before bed. It's not too hard to do while watching some TV (Voyager marathon!! lol)

Level 2 Ranger

STR 5.5/DEX 0/STA 1/CON 6/WIS 7/CHA 6

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it.

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/

*wrenches his shoulder and successfully dislocates it. Ignoring the sharp pain, begins to slip his limp arm free*

*Once free, slams his shoulder in the same post that once held him captive to set it back into place, before removing the last of the bindings*

...So what if we can already read your little message? :rapture:

Current Attributes:

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, get the hell out of my way, I've got things to do.

*wrenches his shoulder and successfully dislocates it. Ignoring the sharp pain, begins to slip his limp arm free*

*Once free, slams his shoulder in the same post that once held him captive to set it back into place, before removing the last of the bindings*

...So what if we can already read your little message? :rapture:

Then go do your sudoku and don't tell anyone else haha I didn't want to make it too hard

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

*grits teeth* 

"That's IT!  I am getting outta these!"

*stretch, wriggle, bend, flex....*

SNAP!

"Aha, yes.  Free of those bindings.  Now then.... this note."

*read read*

"SCHTAKO!   A mind puzzle, with numbers?   I am a half-orc!   I hardly even read words!  This is going to be jekking miserable.   Maybe I should just punch holes through this letter.  See how THAT works?"

*grumble grumble*

(15 minutes post run stretching - not that it helped... my lower body is PISSED at me about yesterday!  LOL)

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

First kakuro down in 25min, 15sec :pride:  now for the second...

Current Attributes:

First kakuro down in 25min, 15sec :pride:  now for the second...

keep it up and your character is gonna get a long walk off a short but tall cliff  :playful:

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Bam, 36min 18sec on the second one. That's what happens when you give number puzzles to a programmer :playful:. For the record... I've never done one of these before lol, and the first one was an 8x8, and the second was a 9x11.

Message decoded! :pride:

Current Attributes:

did 3 sudokus last night. first two were the easiest I could find so that I could warm up, each took me about 10 min. the third was a "super sudoku" its 4x4 boxes in a 4x4 set up. Numbers AND letters. It took me 1:24:38...I felt RETARDED! especailly because I used to bust thos out in like 30 min at my other job and that was with kids interupting me. I really need to get back into doing those kinds of mind games. I do have some kakuros in my pocket right now that I plan on doing tonight as I listen to new music for the Wedding I am DJing tomorrow. How is everyone else coming on their second objective? Starpuck, you done destroying the walls and figure it out yet or does your tempertantrum have more to go? (said while looking for nearest exit and making sure there are many Many things between me and her)

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

No.   I am not done destroying walls.  I am feeling a much stronger pull to my orcish side for some reason!  

*stares at number puzzles*

*growl-snort*

*punch wall*

I read the paper!  That should be good enough. 

*grunt*

(hee, so rarely I get to bust out my inner orc!)

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines