Fitbit Users Unite & Fitbit Group

Hey all! I just got a fitbit one a few weeks ago after my mum became obsessed with hers. I was doing really well at first, but last week I pretty much ignored the poor thing. Figured I would come join the rebellion fitbit brigade for that extra motivation to get over 10,000.

Edited to add my link: http://www.fitbit.com/user/2688S2

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Really excited about how aware I've become of moving throughout my day thanks to my Fitbit.  BEST change I've made?  Started using the restroom one floor above my office, and making myself take the stairs up & down whenever I go.  Earned my Helicopter Badge that way!  (500 lifetime floors)  Also reminds me to wear more sensible shoes around the office.  

Finally convinced my very inactive and out-of-shape boyfriend to invest in the Flex.  He's an airline pilot who wastes tons of time sitting around airports, so I'm hoping the Fitbit will make him aware of all the time he could be spending WALKING around the airports and doing stairs instead.  Crossing fingers!

Also been tracking my sleep and was surprised to discover that I actually get more sleep and better quality sleep than I guessed.  Makes me quit complaining about being tired and not let that be an excuse for missing workouts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Level 3: Outcast, Tweets, Pinterest, "Nerd? We prefer the term Intellectual Badass"

Hi folks,

I just recently started using my FitBit again and am not quite hitting my targets yet.

Having some friends on there to compete against would be a great motivator. Here's my link: http://www.fitbit.com/user/23YBP7

SkullHands - Level 0 Shape-Shifter

[sTR 0] [DEX 0] [sTA 0] [CON 0] [WIS 0] [CHA 0]

FitBit Profile | Zombies, Run! | Epic Quest: TBC

First Challenge: Shape-shifting 101

Accountibilibuddies: The First Timers

I still have to email FitBit about a replacement. Mine got crushed by a car. \o/

What's the best way to keep your FitBit safe? My first had connection issues. My second was lost during a massive rainstorm. I found it at the gas station in a puddle, the poor little guy stood no chance.

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Haha, now that school has started, I am smoking the competiton... Mostly because my university decided to turn all the close parking lots into more construction, and I have classes at two ends of the campus, 3/4 of a mile from each other. I'm in the top 10 of people I've added from here!

Arpeggio - Level 2 Hobbit Ranger

STR 6 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 6

Start Weight: 228 | Current Weight: 215 | Goal Weight: 125

Current Challenge

First Challenge Battle Log

Haha, now that school has started, I am smoking the competiton... Mostly because my university decided to turn all the close parking lots into more construction, and I have classes at two ends of the campus, 3/4 of a mile from each other. I'm in the top 10 of people I've added from here!

Yeah you are! Way to go!

Avery is killing it! 7 day step average = 145,641

Seriously. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I still have to email FitBit about a replacement. Mine got crushed by a car. \o/

What's the best way to keep your FitBit safe? My first had connection issues. My second was lost during a massive rainstorm. I found it at the gas station in a puddle, the poor little guy stood no chance.

ummm... I clip it to the collar of my shirt... I used to clip it to my pants but I broke one... and was forever losing it... now I clip it on my neckline and I havent lost it once since

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Having some competition on FitBit is working for me! Hit my 10,000 steps for the first time in a while yesterday - and I'm already at 8,000 for today (and it's only lunchtime!).

Thanks peeps!

SkullHands - Level 0 Shape-Shifter

[sTR 0] [DEX 0] [sTA 0] [CON 0] [WIS 0] [CHA 0]

FitBit Profile | Zombies, Run! | Epic Quest: TBC

First Challenge: Shape-shifting 101

Accountibilibuddies: The First Timers

New guy here, wanted to join a Fitbit group so finally signed up after being a reader for the last few years.

My Fitbit profile, feel free to friend me. http://www.fitbit.com/user/24FJBZ

FYI the Throat of the World is only 766.5 meters high, for those of us in the United States or Myanmar, translates to 2514.76 feet. Doing some basic math, if you set your goal for 36 floors per day, you can hang out with Paarthurnax once a week.

I'm also in Los Angeles if anyone ever wants to do any hiking, camping, or climbing.

FUS RO DAH!

FITBIT CONNOSSIEURS!

I need your help!

Super fast background story.   I had a Fitbit once.   It was 'ok'.   Except that I sit on my butt all day for work.   But I work out a lot!  Sorta a lot.

I play hockey.   I had the clip one.  Clipped it to bra.   During hockey games.  The poor guy would pass out on me.  No lights, numbers, nothing.  Sad!

I'd let him rest in a warm blankie, and he came back.   But then I lost him in a locker room.  :(

Was it too much sweat for him in there? 

If I wear a Polar heart rate monitor, and NOT the Fitbit for the times I am playing hockey, can I input the calories burnt on the Fitbit website still?  Or will it say 'You liar!  You didn't even WEAR your Fitbit for that hour.  No points for you!'

How expansive is the food list on the site?

The new wristband model?    What thoughts do you have on this as an option? 

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

You can input your calories burned by added an exercise on the website, I think you can put in the exact calories or the fitbit calculates it for you based on your info.

The food list depends where you are, It doesn't have the uk food list and there for its useless to me, however it does sync with my fitness pal which has a very large food database so I use that. I can't speak for how extensive the American and European databases are either.

I have the fitbit flex, it's definitely good at staying on. So would be fine for hockey, however it doesn't count stairs climbed which is abit of a bummer, I've also had to stop using mine recently as soapy water gets trapped in the wristband when I wash my hands and it's caused me to get a blister on my wrist *yelp*

It also has no screen just lights, this makes it hard to test the accuracy of its step taking etc.

Other than that it does everything else you're old fitbit would've done :)

I think it kind of depends, if you only thought your old fitbit was 'ok' then the fitbit flex isn't any different so you might not feel like your getting your money's worth.

At the moment I'm kind if waiting for the amiigo as it looks like it does a lot more, but it's not out yet so will have to wait for reviews on that one.