"Bust Through the Heavens with Your Drill!"

[if you've no inclination to anime or watching one (or have already seen Gurren Lagann) then watch this video. If you do and haven't seen Gurren Lagann, be forewarned there are spoilers]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xYC3P7eoWY

That video above (if you didn't watch it) is from an anime I resonate with outstandingly. The topic title comes from the name of the first episode. If it were to be given a tag line it would be "Believe in the you who believes in yourself".

That's the kind of person I want to be, a person who believes in himself. A person who holds to his convictions. A person who no matter what comes his way he can get through it.

Right now I'm a 5'11" 220 pound, 21 year old sailor who drinks excessively and eats fast food anytime someone hasn't cooked for him. I don't want to be that person anymore, and that's why I joined. I want to be, in a word, reliable. I want to be the Hero who pulls through at the last second. Lately I've realized that's a whole lot of wanting and a whole little of doing. So I narrowed down my weakness and in the end it brought me here. I want my workouts to result in a functional strength and fitness, regardless of weight (as long as it's healthy)

I'm good at trying, I try really hard. However trying when no one's watching kills me everytime. So in order to provide some accountibility to myself I've joined NF.

I'm no stranger to hard work or effort and I even know my way around a gym and working out.

I game here and there but at my core I'm an anime/manga lover.

So there's the "short" and sweet of it.

For those that read this entire portion have a motivational video (I listen to these when I workout)

(P.S. I have a link to full episodes of that anime for those that are interested.)

------------------------

TL;DR

Hi, I'm new here. I like anime. I want functional strength. Let's get along

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1

you quoted gurren lagann, i like you. any thoughts on how you plan to train? 

Level 3 Half Giant Assassin

STR-7 DEX-2 STA-5 CON-2 WIS-4 CHA-3

“We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art.†― Takashi Murakami 

73%
73%

The Road to 210lb, Currently at 218lb

@Reep: Thanks! Though I can't quite claim it as my own haha! And of course, the more buddies the better!

@True: It's my favorite shounen anime, but nothing will ever quite top Clannad in my book. Too many goddamn feels. As far as training, I imagine a lot of weights and real world application training as rewards. Splitting logs and the like, just like any hero who starts from humble beginnings.

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1