Did my first pull up today! Not one, but three!

After working out every other day for the last two months, combined with the paleo diet, working towards that first pull-up was my #1 target. 

Today I decided to try it; slowly but steadily I managed to pull me and my 91 kg's of meat up towards the ceiling. Made me feel proud of myself! 

Then I just tried some more; I got to three. Woot!

-

By the way, I now believe more than ever in paleo eating. Last year I started eating paleo, but after some months I began eating grains again. Quickly I began feeling more tired, some days I couldn't make it til the evening without taking a nap. When I finally connected the dots I decided to start eating paleo again. I made some mistakes at first but I learned from it. I also started working out, promising myself an iPod classic after 40 workouts. I'm now at number 28 and I've never felt (and looked) better. My abs are (slowly) becoming visible, my shoulders are more defined, my back is more muscular, my breast has less fat. It is totally awesome. I didn't lose a lot of weight, but I think I'm replacing fat with (heavier) muscles. Yesterday I was at a party and noticed I was getting a lot of attention from girls. That was an incredible payoff for all the hard work, and a huge confidence boost.

So good luck to everyone starting on their quest to becoming awesome: focus on your habits, eat healthy (paleo!!!) and do some serious strength training. Rely on yourself, because you alone are responsible. When I realized that everything changed. You will get there!

- You only live once... so kick ass while you can

That's great! Just yesterday I reached my 6 week challenge goal of getting to 10 reps. But no matter whether it's 10 reps or 3, achieving that goal is a feeling of sweet victory. Keep it up!

Strong work! I just did 7 yesterday, and I am hoping to hit my 6 week challenge number of 10 tomorrow or Friday.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Awesome news mate!

We just got the boilermaker to weld up a pull up bar and bracket out at site. Finally I can do pull up's without having to hang of the superstructure.

Pull up's rock. You'll start seeing some serious changes in your upper body too as you make those numbers bigger.

Congrats again!

Lift big, eat big, sprint...repeat....

Congratulations bro,that is awesome!

I'm here because I wanna be proud when I look in the mirror and be an ispiration.What are YOU here for?

STR-1 DEX-3 STA-3 WIS-2 CHA-1 CON-5(I NEVER get sick.Don't make a noise when you punch me either).

Level-1.

I believe in the power of the mind and Law Of Attraction.

From now on,I proclaim myself not afraid of scorpions!

Many congratulations.  Pull-up is one of those things I class along with barbell squatting ... you always feel awesome when you pull it off.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Oh my goodness, that's awesome!

That's actually a goal of mine atm. To be able to do a pull up "by the end of the month".

I said that two weeks ago, and I've been training, doing bodyweight circuits etc...

But I haven't bothered testing myself yet. I really ought to!

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens