Good morning Rebellion,

I am a little intimidated by all things Crossfit and Paleo but while lurking the past few days I have seen a lot of support and kindness in this group. So here is my story...

Stats:38 y.o. Female. Overweight by about 100 pounds.

Activity:  Started working out regular last September with a "boot camp" provided by my employer, then added Zumba, then added more body weight training, lost Zumba somewhere and started a C25K program about 6 weeks ago. Right now the schedule is as follows Tuesday and Thursday 30 to 45 minutes circuit/bodyweight training with some cardio (very similar to WOD's form Crossfit) Monday Wednesday Friday 30 minutes of C25K, Saturday occasional 30 minute run/walk or Crossfit box.

Nutrition: I was using a well known “point†program, no complaints just lost motivation and I guess I got bored. Lost 30 pounds in about a year and hit a plateau that has lasted about 4 months. Know the basics and have pretty god habits. Loads of veg and fruit. Still struggle with sweets.

Goals: 1. Attain a healthy weight in a healthy way 2.Attain strength, endurance, and become a bad mama-jama. 3. Enjoy life to its fullest and “suck the marrow from its bonesâ€

Currently I am signed up a Warrior Dash in September as a motivator to keep up the workouts and watching diet.

Thanks for listening/reading and I look forward to being part of this Rebellion.

Rule of thumb for any exercise/diet program: Go with something you're going to stick with. Doesn't have to be crossfit and even though Paleo does some amazing things (See links in my signature to see my own transformation) you don't necessarily have to go full Paleo if you don't want to. After all, what's the likelihood of you sticking with something if it's going to be torture for you?

On that note: coming here is a great way to learn and get support so that you can achieve the success that you're working for. I look forward to seeing your transformation. =D

Hey dpwdash! It sounds like you've already made good progress :) You said you're doing C25K, are you training for a specific run? I'm doing our local 4th of July 5K, it will be my first and I'm still pretty much a newbie to running. And I totally understand about the sweets! But the cravings do get better, I promise :D

You have some great goals and a good attitude, you're going to do well!

[ Level: 1 ][ Class: Ranger ][ Race: Weretiger ]

[ STR: 2 ][ DEX: 2 ][ STA: 3 ][ CON: 2 ][  WIS: 4 ][ CHA: 2 ]

Challenges: Tia Elle's First Challenge

1st Thessalonians 5:16-18

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." ~Darth Vader

Fat. It's what's for dinner.

Yep,

You don't have to start out with Paleo or Crossfit; both are pretty intense. A lot of people start off trying to do too much, get discouraged and quit. (I know someone who quit a 40 year smoking habit and started "training for a marathon" O_o lasted about 2 days). C25K is a good program to start with. It is aptly named :tears_of_joy:

Same with food. Do what you can, try not to worry about lapses, start eating well again. It won't be a straight line, more like the stock market (oh, Dow Jones, I hate you so much right now! but I digress).

The key is to not quit. And you've got lots of support here.

Welcome,

Barfly

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Thank you all for saying hello and your very kind words. I am really excited about this adventure. My plan is to slowly integrate the Paleo lifestyle while ramping up my work outs. 

After posting my first time yesterday I had a daunting task before me, a failed workout from Wed. If you are familiar with C25k you have 3 workouts a week and each work out increases the amount of time you jog/run and decreases the amount of time you walk. I am on Week 5 and Day 2 happened on Wed. It was 3-5 minutes walks interspersed with 2-8 minutes jogs and I did not even finish the first 8 minutes. I did finished the workout by walking mostly, but beat myself up for the rest of the day. So Friday rolls around and I am dreading this run.  Alas I started the workout....AND I FREAKIN NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes all of those exclamation marks are needed.) OMG I was so over the top.What a great feeling. 

:) You said you're doing C25K, are you training for a specific run?ll!

I am training for a Warrior Dash in September in STL. It is a 5K with about 20 obstacles like mud pits, wall to climb, fire to jump stuff like that. I also have participated in out local Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving this year I plan on cutting that time in half.(I usually walk).  

I am headed off to the gym now and then to the farmers market to pick up some goodies. Thanks again..

Bad runs happen, just say meh, put it in the past, and get out next time and kill it. I can say that even my bad runs have benefits. Usually after a bad run (like a 4 miler that I cut short to 2 because my legs are dead, its hot and humid and I haven't acclimated, Hell's Kitchen is coming on and I don't want to miss the first 30 minutes - just kidding on that last one), I come out and set a new PR in the mile, 1K, 5K.
Don't get down on yourself after a bad run, they still do good, particularly in building the toughness and dedication to get out and run, even after a bad one.

Thank you all for saying hello and your very kind words. I am really excited about this adventure. My plan is to slowly integrate the Paleo lifestyle while ramping up my work outs. 

After posting my first time yesterday I had a daunting task before me, a failed workout from Wed. If you are familiar with C25k you have 3 workouts a week and each work out increases the amount of time you jog/run and decreases the amount of time you walk. I am on Week 5 and Day 2 happened on Wed. It was 3-5 minutes walks interspersed with 2-8 minutes jogs and I did not even finish the first 8 minutes. I did finished the workout by walking mostly, but beat myself up for the rest of the day. So Friday rolls around and I am dreading this run.  Alas I started the workout....AND I FREAKIN NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes all of those exclamation marks are needed.) OMG I was so over the top.What a great feeling. 

Losing weight is easy, the lifestyle change is hard. Nothing worth doing is easy. If it were easy, everyone would be fit and healthy.  - me

Level 0 Human Ranger

started at 303

current weight : 225

goal : 205 or 15 percent body fat

bench : 180

squat : 295