Hi there,

I'm really keen on the concept of gamifying my health, so here I am at Level One.

I have a *lot* of weight to lose. More importantly, though, I want to regain my fitness. In the space of 18 months, my fitness has all but disappeared; hopefully, now that so many things in my life have changed for the better, I will also regain my fitness. That is my ultimate goal in this quest.

I used to train 4-6 days a week, for over 10 years. Whilst I carried extra weight, I was fit. I could run, do a stack of push-ups and crunches etc; lift a respectable amount in weight training; and I loved boxing, too. That all evaporated when I ended my marriage of 20 years, after discovering a looooooooooooong history of cheating. I couldn't afford gym, but I went back to uni, got my degree, and I'm working, and taking care of my family. Unfortunately, in the wake of the divorce, I lost my fitness, and my health. I am now determined to turn this around, get my health back in order, and continue to keep the goodness growing in my life. 

Anyhoo... I'm here at Level One, and I am trying to figure out what that looks like.

Level One, Week One: Kill the Rats!

Walk every day this week
Plan, cook, and eat healthy, portion-smart meals
Hydrate & vitamins
Clear cupboards of any "rat-traps"

Now, to work on levelling up!

Way to go!  Just have to make one tiny change at a time and start making them gradually add up.  Welcome to the Rebellion!

Don't be afraid to jump in here - folks are great!  Just keep us posted so we can encourage and help you. 

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Hi renaissance girl!Glad you're here and welcome to the forum!Just a heads up to let you know that your arrival is acknowledged.Great spirit,hope you keep it up that way!

I'm here because I wanna be proud when I look in the mirror and be an ispiration.What are YOU here for?

STR-1 DEX-3 STA-3 WIS-2 CHA-1 CON-5(I NEVER get sick.Don't make a noise when you punch me either).

Level-1.

I believe in the power of the mind and Law Of Attraction.

From now on,I proclaim myself not afraid of scorpions!

How's it going on your goals? Keep us posted and we'll be rooting for you!  :peaceful:

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

I cleaned out the rats.  I thought my husband was going to cry.  An entire 30 gallon garbage pail full of food (okay, so most of it was expired, or I would have donated it), but still, it was hard.  You can do this.  Hope you are feeling better :)

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site