• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AMFMechanic2008

Spartan Challenge Fenway Park Boston 11/16/13

Well, only if doing it after 10 am is good for everyone already registered on the team.  (Although, I'm guessing it would be since everyone is just signed up for "morning".)

I sent an email explaining what I was trying to get accomplished.  

I'm planning on doing the Fenway Sprint, as one of my races for the year.  I've already signed up for the confirmed time group.

A group of my friends are also signing up in the Morning Group, and I'd like the opportunity to run it a second time with them.  Is there anyway to request that a team gets slotted after 10am so that I could have the opportunity to run the course with them??

The team in question is "Nerd Fitness"

Yes, I'm aware that I called a group of people that I know virtually "friends."  What of it?

Spartan support replied with:

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #900980 with the following response:

Hey Scott,

When the heat assignments are generated, we might be able to get the team slotted for the 10:00 am heat.

If the team captain sends an email to us@spartanrace.com, they would let them know if it were possible.

So, I guess I need you to send some email magic.

gotcha buddie: 

To whom it may concern,

I'm the team captain for a group registered as "Nerd Fitness". One our members has contacted you about trying to get two runs in before the day ends. One, at some un-godly time, and then another with us at post 10am.
What I'm contacting you about is if it'd be possible to get our group pushed to a post 10am time. This would help him in his quest to be as mighty a Spartan as he deems possible. 

If  you are able to help him in his quest, I'm sure there rests a seat in Valhalla for you and all your kin. Because, honestly, running two time trials is pretty bad ass. 

Spartan-ly,
Seth Kellas
Team Leader of Nerd Fitness Spartans... New England-wide

I realize now that I didn't specify this was for the Boston Fenway run.... let's see if I get an email back. bleh.

Good lord I've missed a lot on here. (I've been a total slacker the past few weeks...) Next week I will be signing up. sounds like we are shooting for a post 10AM start. Looking forward to getting my training back on track!

Somehow I did not see (until this weekend) that the spectator spots are RSVP, but free.

(I probably missed it because I'd already decided that a Spartan Challenge wasn't for me, at least, not this year.)

Any race/post-race meetup plans in the works?

My plans include mas cervesas.  Then...

mas cervesas.

Last year, I had lots of people with me (only one of them ran with me).  We ended up walking over to Remy's.  But, there are plenty of locations w/in crawling distance & I'm dragging as many of you as I can to which ever watering hole is decided upon.

bootcamp is done and going back to my running on monday. goign to see about doing some more cross country running instead of just on the road. any suggestions for what to do for strength/weight/not running training?

bootcamp is done and going back to my running on monday. goign to see about doing some more cross country running instead of just on the road. any suggestions for what to do for strength/weight/not running training?

I always recommend the basics... squats, deadlifts, pullups, dips.  And, of course, all of the other stuff.

Oh... and learn to throw a spear.  I'm not kidding.

spartan+racer+evolution.jpg

Always have loved this graphic.

I'm not entirely sure if I can actually check it...

--edit--

I can check! 9 people on team Nerd Fitness! That means we all get $5 off our entry fees :D If we get 7 more people, we'll get $10 off.

I'm not entirely sure if I can actually check it...

--edit--

I can check! 9 people on team Nerd Fitness! That means we all get $5 off our entry fees :D If we get 7 more people, we'll get $10 off.

so does that cash get credited back to us? OR do we get to just get $5 worth of beer after the event? I vote for beer.

Hows training going? I am going to be making a "spear" within the next week or so to practice there. I finally got my rowing down good 3/4 most dificult on the rowing machines at the y and I cam in 500m at about 1:57. time to up it. I watched the highlights from the hawaii run and I definatly think i am going to be doing burpees because of the rope climbs and the monkey bars. Its probly been oh 17 years since I was last on monkey bars...I need a adult sized junglegym around me. Anyone up for fronting me cash for that? we can start a gym/smoothie bar/adult smoothie bar with a parkour adult jungle gym out back. and of course in the "bar" we will employ mma ring girls....whose game?

so does that cash get credited back to us? OR do we get to just get $5 worth of beer after the event? I vote for beer.

Hows training going? I am going to be making a "spear" within the next week or so to practice there. I finally got my rowing down good 3/4 most dificult on the rowing machines at the y and I cam in 500m at about 1:57. time to up it. I watched the highlights from the hawaii run and I definatly think i am going to be doing burpees because of the rope climbs and the monkey bars. Its probly been oh 17 years since I was last on monkey bars...I need a adult sized junglegym around me. Anyone up for fronting me cash for that? we can start a gym/smoothie bar/adult smoothie bar with a parkour adult jungle gym out back. and of course in the "bar" we will employ mma ring girls....whose game?

I think the cash gets debited to our credit cards that we used to pay for the event in the first place.  And I'm totally game for that gym.

My training feels really blarg, though.  I'm trying to get myself used to running more than anything else, since that's what I hate the most.  But the strength training part.... really hard when you don't have the equipment or the funds to join a place with the equipment.  Doing my best with body weight stuff, but... meh is how I feel.  I'd much rather be lifting heavy than doing a bajillion body weight things.  Of course, I'd also rather be in the dojo than lifting heavy things, which adds a whole extra dimension to my training issues, but that's neither here nor there.

I need a adult sized junglegym around me. Anyone up for fronting me cash for that? we can start a gym/smoothie bar/adult smoothie bar with a parkour adult jungle gym out back. and of course in the "bar" we will employ mma ring girls....whose game?

I have gymnastics rings and a double slackline in my back yard to train for some of this.   Going to use my crossfit groupon for some of the training.   Being who I am I will be swinging 2-3 monkey bars at a time as I am just a natural monkey type as is and love walking around on my hands.  Shit I could likely catch monkey bars with my legs even as I am wiry like that.    Looking forward to running up bleachers with 50 lb bags as I have recently lost that much weight and will be interesting to see what its like to be that size again.    I have 3x   5k's coming up in next few weeks as well and been doing 5k lunch runs from the salt & pepper down to mass ave bridge, over and back along the esplanade.    Up to 7 unassisted pull-ups as to do 10 of them is one of my current 6-week challenges. 

Thanks AgentsSka for the spear video as will have to make one to practice with. 

Can't wait to do this, gonna be so much fun and the possibility of puking on Fenway grounds has it's own attraction. 

Does anyone have any desire for a team shirt?

I was thinking of a mashup of the Spartan & NF Logos - 

SR_logo_2color_Icon-1.png+  nerd-fitness.jpg  =  RebelSpartan.png

Ignore the white spots appearing in that design - it's because of how I had to upload the image.

They'd be about $30 each depending on shirt and final quantity.  I know money can be tight.  This is certainly not any kind of requirement - could just be fun.

And, I'm completely open to design ideas - text to be included, or whatever.  This was just something I thought of the other day.