• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AMFMechanic2008

Spartan Challenge Fenway Park Boston 11/16/13

Does anyone have any desire for a team shirt?

I was thinking of a mashup of the Spartan & NF Logos - 

SR_logo_2color_Icon-1.png+  nerd-fitness.jpg  =  RebelSpartan.png

Ignore the white spots appearing in that design - it's because of how I had to upload the image.

They'd be about $30 each depending on shirt and final quantity.  I know money can be tight.  This is certainly not any kind of requirement - could just be fun.

And, I'm completely open to design ideas - text to be included, or whatever.  This was just something I thought of the other day.

That... that is kind of epic.  I'd definitely be open to a team shirt.  Alternative logo could be the Spartan Race Spartan throwing a spear while wearing an NF shirt, too.  Slightly Meta, but I always approve of such things.

That... that is kind of epic.  I'd definitely be open to a team shirt.  Alternative logo could be the Spartan Race Spartan throwing a spear while wearing an NF shirt, too.  Slightly Meta, but I always approve of such things.

I am also game for a shirt and will def buy one no prob.     This thread and race is def getting more epic as it approaches.    I have zero artistic ability and am game for whatever as long as some form of NF is visible.  

Just saw this on FB with a note about the Fenway Sprint.  The pic is from Citi Field, of course.

1146988_10151545693981861_2120783108_o.j

Come October, I need to get my pacing down on these rowers.  I never use rowing machines.  Last year, I had the burpee penalty because I missed by 4 meters.  That will not happen to me again this year.

Just saw this on FB with a note about the Fenway Sprint.  The pic is from Citi Field, of course.

Come October, I need to get my pacing down on these rowers.  I never use rowing machines.  Last year, I had the burpee penalty because I missed by 4 meters.  That will not happen to me again this year.

haha me too.  I missed by like 16 meters.  And I could have gone faster, I just had no idea I was even close.

Wait, for those of us who haven't done this thing before....

Is there a set "distance" that you're supposed to estimate on the rowing machine? How do you even prepare for that if you don't have access to a rowing machine? Actually, how do you prepare for that even if you DO have access to the machine?

I believe it is 500m in 2 min. I have access and I am incorporating it into my regular workouts goign for distance and speed. figure if I can up my speed for a farther distance then the 500m then I should be able to flow through this obstacle no problem

gotcha buddie: 

I realize now that I didn't specify this was for the Boston Fenway run.... let's see if I get an email back. bleh.

Hey, Seth - this is no longer an issue.

I upgraded my registration for the Elite heat going off at 8 am that morning.  If all goes well, I'll be done before 9.  And, as long as we don't have the 9am start slot - I should be good to go.

Ughhh. I kind of want to, but there is no way on earth I would be ready by Nov 16.

This. I just can't decide and I know if I wait too long it will fall out of the affordable price range for me.

If you guys don't decide on running the race, which you totally should do anyway, you should at least come out with us afterwards. Nerds know how to party. 

Yes.  partypartyparty.

tumblr_lsln71IK7v1r04c1lo1_500.gif

i just found this thread.

bad tin_man and seth for not telling me.

:/

i want a team shirt! 

oh, hey, there's a thread for the Fenways Spartan.

You should check it out.

oh well in that case by all means. haha I just want to meet the illusive Bostonian nerds

We're not so elusive.  We're pretty prolific, actually.