• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AMFMechanic2008

Spartan Challenge Fenway Park Boston 11/16/13

and yeah please excuse the mispellings. micoast maine is known for their lobster not there education system

No worries, man.  I was really just hoping for gifts!

We're not so elusive.  We're pretty prolific, actually.

And yet... I have met none of you/them/us yet....

No worries, man.  I was really just hoping for gifts!

So I know you're racing Saturday but, um, what are you up to Wednesday morning?  I have plans that evening so no gym time that night.  I have an idea where I can get a good workout that'd help me prep for GoRuck Atlanta...

I just want to meet the illusive Bostonian nerds

I know what you mean.

Oh good, I'm not the only one in this category.  Every time we have a Boston meet up I'm away from home/already have things scheduled and can't meet my local Rebels.  Makes me feel kinda bad, actually.

Re: meeting nerds w/o an "official" meetup...

Peeps - if you didn't catch on to what Tin-Man, Seth, and I were bantering about...  I've been hitting up November Project workouts.  They are free group workouts in Boston at 6:30 am M, W, F.  For the most part, I attend the Wednesday & Friday workouts.

And to borrow a phrase from Mackelmore...

These workouts 

tumblr_mnnjraJ6Gn1r1n1bto1_500.gif

Are Fucking Awesome!

If you want further evidence of the awesomeness, check out my last challenge thread and search the topic for "November Project" for examples with pics.

So...Magoun's Saloon meetup?   :tongue: Not like I won't be there anyway given that it's like 3 streets from my home.

You know, this makes me wonder.  I used to do the Trivia at Magoun's all the time.  Shall we guess the probability that two rebels were in the room at the same time and didn't know it?

If you were there and heard a group of people yell "SCIENCE!" during trivia?  Yea.  Me and my friends.

So...Magoun's Saloon meetup?   :tongue: Not like I won't be there anyway given that it's like 3 streets from my home.

Yeah, I'm also in Somerville...

I have very likely brushed shoulders with some of you nerds without either of us knowing.

*Raises hand*

Hi.  Medford here.

So... when? haha I'm a few blocks away from Magoun's. Probably have to walk it since I'm not sure my knee can handle biking right now, but it's a straight shot up Medford St. for me.

CALLING BOSTONIAN NERDS (or nerds of the Boston area) My fiance and I are looking at making it a few days trip for the fenway sprint and after the race, we are going to be going out to celebrate her 21st birthday (actually the weekend before but hey why not party in boston) we are looking for nice but affordable hotels to stay in that are within 30min of fenway (don't want to have to go to far away from the race.) Any and all help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6weeks.png

Who is getting excited?

This guy is!

I am very excited.  Though I am more afraid of the GoRuck but I know whatever I do to prep for that will get me ready for this!

I am very excited.  Though I am more afraid of the GoRuck but I know whatever I do to prep for that will get me ready for this!

Be excited.  Spousal unit had a BLAST at his spartan sprint here at our stadium.

Do not be afraid of GoRuck.  You'll be fine.  It's a team effort.

Of geez.  I am scared shiteless, more than excited.  I really haven't been training as hard as I could be. :( (I mean, to be fair,  dojo > training in my mind, and we don't do anything strength related there, sooooo....)

Welp, 6 weeks to go.  I should fix that.

You should focus on a lot of body weight movements. There are stations dedicated to :

• hand release push ups
  • 500m row
  • burpees
  • jumping rope
  • scaling walls
  • burpees
  • climbing rope
  • burpees

This looks like a workout a friend of mine gave me.  Except you have these things between the burpees...

I really should get a jump rope, then.  Part of my issue is living on the second floor and not wanting to cause a huge racket for my downstairs neighbors.  Maybe I'll forget that for the next few weeks.  And then there's the running.... oh the running.  Screw running.  Seriously, so much hate....

Seth, 

I think you forgot about the burpees.

I will never forget about the sheer amount of burpees I did that day. 

Warm up? burpees..

Fail a task? burpees...

Just jumped over a 12 foot wall and the finish line is in sight?

mother fucking burpees.

Those last set of burpees was fucking annoying, I have to admit.  I was in horrid shape last time.  Those burpees hurt.  And, then after the race was over, I was pulling on some warmup pants and hit the ground because my calf cramped up.  Good times!

Can't wait!

oh buckin furpees! how I hate you. atleast I decided to eat AFTER my workout instead of before this time. REally lookin forward to but also scared of the race next month. need to work on my rowing. Hand release, are those like the clapping pushups?