• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AMFMechanic2008

Spartan Challenge Fenway Park Boston 11/16/13

oh buckin furpees! how I hate you. atleast I decided to eat AFTER my workout instead of before this time. REally lookin forward to but also scared of the race next month. need to work on my rowing. Hand release, are those like the clapping pushups?

Hand release is that when you go down you have to take your hands off the ground to make sure you are all the way down.

Yea, did the hand release pushups today.  First set of 20 went fine.  Then the next set I got to 15 before my muscles said no.  And the final set I managed to get 9 done, and only get half way upon the 10th.

Yea, cheating push ups these are not.  Oh goodie.

(Plus side, I did do 135 burpees today during my workout.  I hope my neighbors don't hate me.)

Does anyone have any desire for a team shirt?

I was thinking of a mashup of the Spartan & NF Logos - 

spartan-race-logo.jpg+  nerd-fitness.jpg  =  RebelSpartan.png

Ignore the white spots appearing in that design - it's because of how I had to upload the image.

They'd be about $30 each depending on shirt and final quantity.  I know money can be tight.  This is certainly not any kind of requirement - could just be fun.

And, I'm completely open to design ideas - text to be included, or whatever.  This was just something I thought of the other day.

Alright, so back to this.  I got the officially unofficial sanction to proceed with this kind of shirt if we want them.  

If there is interest, I will get this going.  But, we'd have to do it quickly in order to get them in time.  I'm thinking it would be best to have the order settled by next weekend.

The more people order, the less expensive the shirt would be.  I could open it up to the full board to see if there are others that would have interest to lower the cost.

Thoughts?  Get them in!

Alright, so back to this. I got the officially unofficial sanction to proceed with this kind of shirt if we want them.

If there is interest, I will get this going. But, we'd have to do it quickly in order to get them in time. I'm thinking it would be best to have the order settled by next weekend.

The more people order, the less expensive the shirt would be. I could open it up to the full board to see if there are others that would have interest to lower the cost.

Thoughts? Get them in!

Want. Want now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Damn you, auto correct!

For this go around, I'm thinking we stick with the long sleeves.  There could be a future order for sleeveless, but we'll let the seasons turn on that one.

There are a few options for performance wear on their site, but the only brand I am familiar with is New Balance.

So, I'm looking at this shirt for men.  There is also a ladies cut.

I'm pretty sure that I can do this for $29 and include shipping out to each of you (States-side) before the event.  I could always hand deliver at Fenway, but that could get hairy - especially with me running first thing in the AM.  And, I suspect we may get some interest from those that won't make it to Fenway (whether they plan to or not).

We'll need to get the order in relatively soon.  So, the ordering window is open until November 1.

I'm thinking the easiest way to do this is to PayPal me the money.  In the notes section you can specify size (ie Men's L, or Ladies M, etc) and the address you would like me to ship it to & your NF screen name.  

paypal.png

My account info is above.  And, please use the "sending money to family or friends" option.

If anyone's nervous about my existence, you can check with Tin Man.  He knows I'm at least real.  And, he has a much more trust-worthy face than I do.

Sound good?

I'd be down for the shirt if I can get you down here for the Super in April :tongue:

I'm certain that there is a huge need for long sleeve, black performance-wear in Southern Florida!  But, perhaps there will need to be a sleeveless option down the road!  

For this go around, I'm thinking we stick with the long sleeves.  There could be a future order for sleeveless, but we'll let the seasons turn on that one.

There are a few options for performance wear on their site, but the only brand I am familiar with is New Balance.

So, I'm looking at this shirt for men.  There is also a ladies cut.

I'm pretty sure that I can do this for $29 and include shipping out to each of you (States-side) before the event.  I could always hand deliver at Fenway, but that could get hairy - especially with me running first thing in the AM.  And, I suspect we may get some interest from those that won't make it to Fenway (whether they plan to or not).

We'll need to get the order in relatively soon.  So, the ordering window is open until November 1.

I'm thinking the easiest way to do this is to PayPal me the money.  In the notes section you can specify size (ie Men's L, or Ladies M, etc) and the address you would like me to ship it to.  

My account info is above.  And, please use the "sending money to family or friends" option.

If anyone's nervous about my existence, you can check with Tin Man.  He knows I'm at least real.  And, he has a much more trust-worthy face than I do.

Sound good?

Long sleeves aren't my favorite but they'll be good for this.  And I'm not sure about the face, but you definitely have the hair.

Long sleeves aren't my favorite but they'll be good for this.  And I'm not sure about the face, but you definitely have the hair.

Nearly half of it is gray... but, it's still there.

would it be easier/cheaper to get all mens cut? i don't really care. i can go either way. (LOL) just want to make it easy.

When I called, it didn't affect the price.  The ladies and mens are the same.  So, I don't have a preference.