• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AMFMechanic2008

Spartan Challenge Fenway Park Boston 11/16/13

I just checked, and Flat Top Johnny's and Tommy Doyle's in Kendall square open at 12PM and 11AM, respectively.  A bit far from Fenway, but I always like hanging out at those bars (especially Flat TOp Johnny's).

Also, fun bit of psuedo-news floating around on the Facebook:

Potential Winter Snow Storm the middle-to-end of next week in Boston

So hopefully everyone has some thermal gear tucked away to be safe...

Shorts and a T-Shirt. This is New England, we're born for this shit. 

I was decidedly born in the wrong section of the US, then.  Because I still hate these winters after 27 years.

I will keep Fall though.  Fall is awesome.  (The Middlesex Fells had some awesome colors a while back....  Sometimes I wish I was better with a camera.)

3 Days, Nerds!!!   3 DAYS!!!!!

Shirts are out for those that wanted them sent.

I will have Seth's and PWallace's with me. 

Looking forward to this!!

Stoked - my shirt according to the email you sent should show up today.  As for the three days bit... hooooboy.  I have minor DOMS from a small workout and aikido, so apparently my body is in worse shape than I initially expected after a month of travel/slacking.  Saturday will be interesting.  I may need a cart to get me to the beer afterwards...  But dammit, I'll survive.  I won't break any records (but my own), but I'll survive.

I still haven't gotten an email about when to show up, guessing everyone else did though? I'm just planning on being there at like 9. 

in the info i got it says to arrive 1.5hrs prior to your heat. can i still park at your place? i can meet you at yours around 8, and we can go over together? or 7:45?

in the info i got it says to arrive 1.5hrs prior to your heat. can i still park at your place? i can meet you at yours around 8, and we can go over together? or 7:45?

lol 1.5 hours? Dan and I got there like 45 minutes beforehand last time and ended up starting 20 minutes early because we got bored. 

Yeah, park here at 8 and we'll jump on a 57. 

I got an email saying times were posted, but nothing in the email specifically listed our time of 9:30.  But yea, they do claim to be there 1.5 hours in advance.  Which does seem a bit excessive.  But I just smiled and nodded.

any of you jokers got an extra under armour or something like that long sleeve shirt i can borrow? i left mine at home. :( i don't want to freeze. tinney knows how i get when i freeze.

Got my shirt in the mail today, Ska.  Looks awesome!

That being said, anybody have a suggestion as to what I could wear underneath?  Should I go get an underarmor thing or something?  Because I don't think I'll be warm enough in just that shirt, and I'm completely clueless how to do any race prep in good weather, let alone at temps at 30F in the morning.  Because obviously doing a Spartan for my first obstacle race ever was a wise idea.  Epic idea, yes.  Wise, questionable.

Any base layer will do. UA, or one of those silk base layers from REI.

You will be surprised how warm you get doing all the obstacles. Things like the 500m row will get you hot quick.

Got my shirt in the mail today, Ska.  Looks awesome!

That being said, anybody have a suggestion as to what I could wear underneath?  Should I go get an underarmor thing or something?  Because I don't think I'll be warm enough in just that shirt, and I'm completely clueless how to do any race prep in good weather, let alone at temps at 30F in the morning.  Because obviously doing a Spartan for my first obstacle race ever was a wise idea.  Epic idea, yes.  Wise, questionable.

Last year, I wore a long sleeve t-shirt and my NF shirt, with short shorts and soccer sox?. Same thing I'll be wearing this year. Though, I'm a rather stout fellow, so I stay pretty warm. If you're anything like your cousin, you should probably bundle up... ;)

So stoked! leaving in the am for Connecticut, then heading to Boston on Friday nd racing on Saturday. Great way to spend a few days of vacation! I'm hoping I won't be to warm in my gear. I plan on wearing my underarmour coldgear long-sleeve and then the new NF shift. 

Last year, I wore a long sleeve t-shirt and my NF shirt, with short shorts and soccer sox?. Same thing I'll be wearing this year. Though, I'm a rather stout fellow, so I stay pretty warm. If you're anything like your cousin, you should probably bundle up... ;)

Familial connections?

Any base layer will do. UA, or one of those silk base layers from REI.

You will be surprised how warm you get doing all the obstacles. Things like the 500m row will get you hot quick.

Brilliant.  Thanks.  This whole having to stay warm thing is weird for me.  No one told me this crap would happen when I lost weight!

Ahaha, I was wondering if she had told you.  Now the question is, why hasn't she made her own challenge here, with a guild leader cross fit pal and a cousin who's been here for half a dozen challenges.  I think we need to step up our game. :P

Familial connections?

Kinda.  Apparently Seth and my cousin do Crossfit at the same place.  Which that fact was brought up when I went to a 'family and friend day' the gym was having.  While driving home she mentioned that there was "This guy who also is on NF, who actually knows Steve and Staci and hangs out with them when they're in town."  When I asked if she knew his user name, she just went "Uhh.... Dunno.  His name is Seth K."

I think I may have started singing "It's a small world"...