• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Fall Brawl!

Ok so.

I missed the Spring Strength Showdown.  And I'm very sad.

And it's time to start planning the next one!  

(For those of you not aware, this is a NF style powerlifting meet we hold online AND in person :))

Last year we had it in September in Boston.

What do we want to do this year? And where?  

I've already told bigm that I'm going to come crash his house sometime this fall/winter, and there were discussions of having it in Texas.

We could always have it in Indianapolis, I'm sure I could convince someplace to let us use their gym, though I don't have any connections yet.

What are everyone's thoughts?  And general dates that would be good?

I know as of right now, I can not do the beginning of October (I was told not to leave the state for my birthday, which is the 11th, but I don't know if that means my actual birthday, the weekend before, the weekend after, or what).

And that's all I have for restrictions right now.

Aaaaaaaaaaand discuss!

The dates for the official competition will be the first few weeks of September. We'll probably do August 31 through September 15th so there are 3 weekends people can participate in the competition on, that way they can work around the holiday weekend if needed.

I vote Texas. :D If we did it in Austin I wonder if we could just do it over at FringeSport. Ooor I could see if my gym is up for hosting. :)

I would like Austin, I'd try to rope my sister in Houston in on the nonsense. September works and I could use it as an informal test before a meet I'm thinking of doing in October.

I was planning on Austin for January's like we talked about before. I have Wifey on board for a long weekend and everything. It wouldn't fly in September due to her sister's wedding and government furloughs for me, so I'd have to miss it. I'd be able to make locations within a 6-8 hour drive of me on the second 2 weekends of the competition.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

Yeah Texas is going to be a no-go for me in September because of just getting back from Europe. I might be able to swing Indy though - it's only 4ish hours from me. But! We don't get back from Europe until like the 8th. So. Not that this should be planned around me. BUT I LOVED SSS and would love to make it to another meetup as epic as the last :)

Want to plan Texas for January? That way people can start planning now.

After the holiday plane rush, too, tickets should be cheaper.

(If this post seems brief or anything like that it's because I'm using my phone and don't want to type a lot :))

Austin in winter is good by me, it's not too far by Texas standards and I'm already traveling around Texas this fall. (I may be traveling to other places for winter; I have no idea what's going on yet.) Assuming I'm in, I'd vote for my house instead because it is awesome but I don't have any connections for good lifting and my home weights are insufficient for this sort of party; I know there are a couple of Crossfit boxes around but I don't go to any of them.

The dates for the official competition will be the first few weeks of September. We'll probably do August 31 through September 15th so there are 3 weekends people can participate in the competition on, that way they can work around the holiday weekend if needed.

I'm in the wrong country for an in-person meetup, but covering Sept works well for me 'cause there's a PL competition on Sept 7th I'm planning to go in. :)

I'm in the wrong country for an in-person meetup, but covering Sept works well for me 'cause there's a PL competition on Sept 7th I'm planning to go in. :)

All of the nerds in your neck of the woods should enter :)

(If this post seems brief or anything like that it's because I'm using my phone and don't want to type a lot :))

Laura and I talked about having a southern meetup during SSS.  We just never really came up with a good hosting site.  My gym is always dead on Saturday's so I'm sure we could take over a squat rack for the day.  There may be other gym options as well.   I'd be fine with people crashing with me, but it wouldn't take many before we were stacked like cord wood, my apartment is tiny (but very close to a buffalo wild wings).   

Wing and beer! Lets all go to Hotlanta. 

*...diverts nerds to Georia....*

Ooo, flights are only $230 from baltimore right now. If I sell one of my Eagles games, I'd probably be able to swing that. Oh man, can't believe I'm considering doing that for you guys...