• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Fall Brawl!

You should totally host us. BigM, your place is really the only logical place to move to afterwards... next will be up to see Angela, obviously. 

fyi: just back from the pub. let's do this.

FYI: get me drunk enough and I am in for hosting it at my place. 

FYI: 

I am currently intoxicated. 

You should totally host us. BigM, your place is really the only logical place to move to afterwards... next will be up to see Angela, obviously. 

fyi: just back from the pub. let's do this.

I'm in.

xc3d8ff.jpg?1

Not a tube in a river, but my back porch isn't bad.

^ Never had that beer before? Any good? Untappd tells me that its got a 2.5 rating (I don't really trust the crowd rating). Can we drink and lift at the same time? I've never done that.

Hahahah. Lone star is pretty bad. Made only to drink in large quantities when on a river or a beach. It is cheap college beer.

And drinking while lifting isnt advised. I was slightly hung over at SSS and it made a difference. Afgerwards though...well we nerds have a drinking problem. :)

Yeah it's not the best and overpriced at my local liquor store but I was excited to see it so I went for it.

If only they would stock Shiner Bock.

Yeah it's not the best and overpriced at my local liquor store but I was excited to see it so I went for it.

If only they would stock Shiner Bock.

I find it funny that you were drinking Texan beers, while I was enjoying a Sam Adams. :)

I don't know how many people read Least I Could Do. They should though. Because it's funny. Mostly because it's true. The Doctor Who comic from a few days back made me crack up.

man I haven't read that since I was in college. I didn't realize it was still around. thank God. that sit is comedic gold... now that I think of it it reminds me of why I like archer so much.

nyc sounds GREAT but I'm clearly bias. A trip to Texas would be cool though...I have other people's I'd like to meet to.

I'm in the wrong country for an in-person meetup, but covering Sept works well for me 'cause there's a PL competition on Sept 7th I'm planning to go in. :)

Hmm, this could be interesting, I could do with a goal to work towards and TerraNik lives in my area, maybe we could arrange a multi-location Aussie presence....

Remind me what the titles up for grabs are? Not that I have a hope of winning at this early stage but still it's good to dream :)

Hmm, this could be interesting, I could do with a goal to work towards and TerraNik lives in my area, maybe we could arrange a multi-location Aussie presence....

Remind me what the titles up for grabs are? Not that I have a hope of winning at this early stage but still it's good to dream :)

There's a title for each of the 3 big lifts and for overall total. Definitely good to dream. It all depends on who competes, the only reason I have mine is because 80's didn't compete and snatch them all up.

There's a title for each of the 3 big lifts and for overall total. Definitely good to dream. It all depends on who competes, the only reason I have mine is because 80's didn't compete and snatch them all up.

True, and the only reason I have mine is because I deadlift more than Gainsdalf <.<

If no-one shows up I'm in with a solid chance :tongue:

This time next year it will be a different story (hopefully!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM

True, and the only reason I have mine is because I deadlift more than Gainsdalf <.<

False. You deadlift enough to have a slightly higher wilks, not more weight skinny boy. Probably will still be the case in September, don't expect to by the end of the year.

SwoleTroll now...

Oh you shush.

If no-one shows up I'm in with a solid chance :tongue:

This time next year it will be a different story (hopefully!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM

You'd be amazed where you can be in a year. I never thought I'd be where I'm at in 18 months. Progress slows after awhile, but those initial noob gains of 10-20 lb a month really add up.

You'd be amazed where you can be in a year. I never thought I'd be where I'm at in 18 months. Progress slows after awhile, but those initial noob gains of 10-20 lb a month really add up.

Oh to be a man....

So I tried a ZMA supplement. I broke out so bad I look like a leper. YAY

False. You deadlift enough to have a slightly higher wilks, not more weight skinny boy. Probably will still be the case in September, don't expect to by the end of the year.

So all I got from that was that I am pound for pound stronger than you in deadlift.... 

Yeah you'll probably get it in Sept. I haven't DLed much since I have been focusing on the Olympic lifts. 3@405 was tough the other day. 

3@405 was tough the other day. 

Right there with you. Although mine is more cut related than simply not doing the, this cut is killing any kind of strength gains. Sure, my weight and BF % are dropping, but I've also had to drop my working weight for squat and DL. Could only do 3@405 yesterday, and the gym was out of chalk....talk about struggling! Also nursing my left shoulder for now and can't really do bench and OHP, but found out the cause of it. My dumbass couldn't put together that a heavy gym bag slung around my back hanging from the same shoulder 1-2 hours a day during my commute for several months was causing the shoulder issues. I felt like an idiot :)

So all I got from that was that I am pound for pound stronger than you in deadlift.... 

Yeah you'll probably get it in Sept. I haven't DLed much since I have been focusing on the Olympic lifts. 3@405 was tough the other day. 

I think I've only DL'd 3-4 times since SSS. Looking forward to Friday and getting to do it now that this cutting bull is given up on.

Right there with you. Although mine is more cut related than simply not doing the, this cut is killing any kind of strength gains. Sure, my weight and BF % are dropping, but I've also had to drop my working weight for squat and DL. Could only do 3@405 yesterday, and the gym was out of chalk....talk about struggling! Also nursing my left shoulder for now and can't really do bench and OHP, but found out the cause of it. My dumbass couldn't put together that a heavy gym bag slung around my back hanging from the same shoulder 1-2 hours a day during my commute for several months was causing the shoulder issues. I felt like an idiot :)

Do you even lift? If we both end up not going to the September meet up, wanna get together at my place or yours? Or, if it's within driving distance and makes sense, wanna carpool? It all depends on choosing a place, which won't happen unless someone says I AM HAVING IT, COME HERE. We suck at coming to a decision as a group, this I have learned.

I think I've only DL'd 3-4 times since SSS. Looking forward to Friday and getting to do it now that this cutting bull is given up on.

Do you even lift? If we both end up not going to the September meet up, wanna get together at my place or yours? Or, if it's within driving distance and makes sense, wanna carpool? It all depends on choosing a place, which won't happen unless someone says I AM HAVING IT, COME HERE. We suck at coming to a decision as a group, this I have learned.

HAHA! I know, right?!?

Actually, that sounds like a great plan! We're close enough to each other a quick trip up to you or you down here will definitely happen if we don't go to the big meetup....and honestly, with an out of town wedding in September and the girlfriend's birthday in September, I probably won't be able to put out the money to go somewhere significant.

Actually, that sounds like a great plan! We're close enough to each other a quick trip up to you or you down here will definitely happen if we don't go to the big meetup....and honestly, with an out of town wedding in September and the girlfriend's birthday in September, I probably won't be able to put out the money to go somewhere significant.

Um, excuse me?

HAHA! I know, right?!?

Ditto, I've got a wedding to go to in September as well as my girlfriend's brithday AND our anniversary. Only way I'm going is if it's cheap enough that selling one of my season tickets will cover the trip and it doesn't fall on a weekend with a wedding event, which are still being planned (there's typically a golf outting for them in this family).

Um, excuse me?

Now we know why he hasn't been around...