Ooh. I've never had a pair of pants that fit this well in my life.

You have no idea what you just got yourself into, do you?

Sometimes, you just never know how to start an introduction. One could go for the classic, "Hello", but really, is that what you’d expect from a clown? I think not.

A bit about me: I'm 32 and I am a real live clown (fake live clowns, not as funny as people think...) from the weather-ly confused state of Minnesota. I also enjoy making up plausible sounding words. I have a desk job that while I don't particularly like, but it's paying the mortgage, so I keep at it for now. I live with three of the most amazing people I have met. My wife T is one of the most supportive people I have met yet. Kind and understanding would be a huge understatement. We've been together for 16 years, 10 of which have been in marriage. My son R is my joke spotting partner and my little man. He's a clown in training and lets me know when a joke isn't funny. He also makes sure we spend at least 10 minutes a day talking about tomorrow. Not bad for a 6 year old. My daughter C is recently 2, and as stubborn as both her parents and twice as adorable. She motivates me to keep active long after I think I should be.

A little (read "A lot") about my past: I have been a runner since I was in the 5th grade and really enjoyed it. Yes, that was a past tense, though that's starting to turn around. More on that later. I wrestled in middle and high school and did track because of the cute girls. Honestly. I had no idea I would actually be good at the long jump. I always felt a bit overweight in high school (wrestled at 145 lbs., but I was 6' 0" even then, so what did I know...) even though no one ever said it. I don't know what was up with my thinking at the time. I enjoyed a game of football with my friends on the weekends. In short, I was active.

Graduation hit and I was thrust into the real world with a real (kind of) job. I was managing a store that sold juggling equipment. I could juggle 2 hours a day and get paid for it. It was awesome, but it didn't pay the bills. I moved on to a security job where I was walking for 7 hours a day. Not bad, but after a few more years, I had to move on. That's where it went south on me. I got a desk job. Over the past 9 years, I have been in a desk job and gaining weight. I topped out at 260 lbs. and as of April 30th, I decided that was enough. I started working out with cardio and some high impact workouts at home. My wife joins me on the high impact days. It's nice to do that with someone. My goal on May 1st was to drop 60 lbs. by the first of the year.  I have found that I still enjoy running and signed up for a couple 5k’s this year. 

I came across Nerd Fitness while looking into ways to help me stay motivated. It's my biggest hurdle. I am enjoying reading through the blogs on the site. It's a take on staying fit that I can get into. I do a weekly weigh in and post my results to my face-space-internets-book thing in a video game way. It's helped a lot, but I felt this community would be another way to stay on task. As of last Wednesday, I was down to 248.0 lbs. I'm feeling good, but I know there's a ways to go. I look forward to reading though the forums and to read everyone's success story to keep me motivated. I am going to have to come up with 4 goals for the next 6 week challenge. 

Thanks for reading.

50 points to anyone who can make the connection of the title of the post. :)

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

ummm, is that from "Hot Shots"?

Anyway, good luck on your adventures! I was 216 on January 1st, and as of June 21st was 179.6

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)

242lbs January 2012, 182lbs May 2013.

This community is awesome, best way to appreciate everything it has to offer is to get on board with all sorts of conversations.

It looks like you have your goals set. I've always told everyone and go by this day by day "If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to obtain it."

This journey you're taking will take will power, dedication, a sort of motivation and perseverance. Go for it, do it, sometimes you have to do things for YOU!

:D

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Thanks, guys.  I am looking forward to kicking my own ass at this.

Simpson's quote.  Homie the Clown.  Turns out, my clown pants fit me pretty well.  Had to make new ones.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge