What bands have you seen live?

Hey NF community; as a music lover I thought this would be a good idea to see the diversity of music fans on the forums (and if anyone had similar intrests) So, what bands have you seen/going to see/ or plan on seeing?

As for me, I haven't seen many:

The Quireboys (A rock band for the record ;) )

Wolfsbane

The Murderdolls

The Defiled

Black Veil Brides

With One Last Breath

Buried In Verona

Motionless In White (On their first UK tour!! :D )

Betraying The Martyrs

While She Sleeps

Motionless In White (again)

Asking Alexandria

And I hope to get to far more concerts once I get a job.

Live the life you love because it's the only life you'll lead.

Great thread. Husband and I are total gig junkies! Here are my highlights (recent and booked - bands in bold for easy reading!):

Slash & Myles Kennedy (3 times)

Halestorm (4 times and 4 more to come in September - we're following them on their tour with Shinedown and Alter Bridge)

Shinedown (2 times and 4 more in Sep.)

Alter Bridge

Nightwish

Steel Panther (twice - and we met them afterwards too!)

Florence + the Machine (Husband does not approve so I went with my cousin...)

Bullet for my Valentine (and going again later this year)

Zico Chain (twice + booked for their first UK headline tour later this year!)

Metallica (twice)

Machine Head (once headlining, once supporting Metallica in Prague - epic combination of bands and city)

Bon Jovi (x4)

Motley Crue

Theory of a Deadman

Muse (my absolute favourite band in the world, though I've only seen them twice so far)

30 Seconds to Mars (in October)

I'd also love to see:

Aerosmith

Alkaline Trio

Apocalyptica

Breaking Benjamin (hopefully they'll start touring again with a new lineup...)

Decyfer Down

Elbow

Evanescence

Foxy Shazam

Linkin Park

Red

• Like 1

Questionable Hobbitʉۢ Level 0ʉۢ Aspiring Warrior

STR 0 â€¢ DEX 0 â€¢ STA 0 â€¢ CON 0 â€¢ WIS 0 • CHA 00

Challenge Log: Puddletheduck stops waddling and starts bouncing (flying will come later)0

"Life's too short to be fat and miserable."

Bad Religion <-- Best live shows EVER, even in Denver where we're a mile above sea level.  OMFG. AWESOME.

Rise Against

The Aquabats

Depeche Mode

Tool

Erasure  <--Second best live shows ever.  Margaret Cho says, "It's like going to gay church!" She is correct.
Rammstein

Ani DiFranco

Smashing Pumpkins

Seraphim Shock

Switchblade Symphony

Sisters of Mercy <-- Front. Fucking. Row.

Useless ID

Streetlight Manifesto

Evanescence

And, as a perk of working at an amusement park right next door to an outdoor concert venue, I also heard the following concerts without actually attending:

Reel Big Fish

Earth, Wind, and Fire  <-- OMFG AMAZING

My concert-going days are over, though.  Ever since my daughter was born, I've dealt with anxiety and a fear of crowds.  No more shows for me kthx.

• Like 1

^^great list!!!!

I've seen

SwitchFoot

All same concert here in philly:

Halestorm

Bullet for my Valentine

Young Guns

I'm NOT a huge concert person- I'm broke and cheap.  But I totally had fun. 

Thanks! I saw Halestorm supporting BFMV earlier this year - perhaps the same tour you saw them on. Lzzy came on with BFMV and sang some of Dirty Little Secret - it was awesome :)

Challenge Log: Puddletheduck stops waddling and starts bouncing (flying will come later)0

Most recent concerts in the last 3 years (recent to oldest):

Arty

Rabecca & Fiona

Avicii

Above & Beyond

Zedd & Porter Robinson

Nervo

Kaskade

12th Planet

Laidback Luke

Nero

Pretty Lights

Deadmau5

Empire of the Sun

Calvin Harris

Porter Robinson

Kaskade

Steve Aoki

Avicii

Disco Biscuits

G Love & Special Sauce

Vampire Weekend

Afrojack

Ive also seen Dave Matthews band over 10 times and No Doubt 4 times.

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

I've seen a LOT of bands in concert (happens when you go to SXSW :)

But the ones that stick with me are: 

Bob Schneider (god knows how many times and how many incarnations)

Explosions in the Sky 

Okkervil River 

Paul McCartney 

Weezer

Dave Matthews

Flaming Lips 

Nickel Creek

Kevin Fowler 

Jason Boland

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Lord have mercy! I've been going to concerts regularly since I was 16- it's where most of my fun money goes. (The following are all Atlanta venues) (also bolding the artist names for quick scanning)

My very first big girl show was Ted Leo and the Phamacists at the Variety Playhouse. That was fun.

My very favorite one was the first time I saw Atmosphere (I've seen them... 3 or 4 times by now). They played at... Center Stage and it was the first time I'd felt the energy in the room from a rap show, which is waaaaaay more... alive than other shows I'd been to. At rock shows especially, people just stand with their hands in their pockets, too afraid to show even a modicum of enjoyment, lest their hipster credibility suffer. When did dancing at a musical performance become so frowned upon? It's kind of the bane of my concert-going existence.

I've seen 311 a ton of times, both professionally and just wanting to go with friends.

Loved seeing Big Boi and Killer Mike together at the Georgia Theatre (okay, this one is Athens) a couple of months ago. Funnest show I've been to in a while.

Ben Folds and Childish Gambino were the shows I caught the least of. The first due to friends coming over to my house under the premise of carpooling, eating my food, then declaring that they didn't have room for me and leaving without me. (Harsh barley, bro.) The second because of a stupid fight I had with my ex. I caught about two songs each, but it was still fun.

The Avett Brothers were... fun, but I'm only familiar with 4-5 of their albums and EPs, and they have a tooooon of material I'm not familiar with. Most of which they played when I saw them. I'm not crazy about concerts where I know the band, but I don't know the songs they play.

Warped Tour 2005 was... eh. Almost got crushed in the crowd for My Chemical Romance, had to crowd-surf out and had a panic attack next to the stage, had my cell phone and wallet stolen. Wouldn't go again, mostly because that's not really what I listen to anymore.

The Swell Season, seen them twice and loved it so much both times. I want Glen Hansard to be my neighbor so we can have tea together in the day and whiskey at night.

ETA: My middle school BFF and I went to go see the Backstreet Boys (!!!) in the early 2000s for the Black & Blue tour. We had the bright idea of painting our faces half black and half blue. We got quite a few strange looks, because I guess it's not all that common to paint your face for a boy band concert. We had a great time and I regret nothing.

Great thread. Husband and I are total gig junkies! Here are my highlights (recent and booked - bands in bold for easy reading!):

Slash & Myles Kennedy (3 times)

Halestorm (4 times and 4 more to come in September - we're following them on their tour with Shinedown and Alter Bridge)

Shinedown (2 times and 4 more in Sep.)

Alter Bridge

Nightwish

Steel Panther (twice - and we met them afterwards too!)

Florence + the Machine (Husband does not approve so I went with my cousin...)

Bullet for my Valentine (and going again later this year)

Zico Chain (twice + booked for their first UK headline tour later this year!)

Metallica (twice)

Machine Head (once headlining, once supporting Metallica in Prague - epic combination of bands and city)

Bon Jovi (x4)

Motley Crue

Theory of a Deadman

Muse (my absolute favourite band in the world, though I've only seen them twice so far)

30 Seconds to Mars (in October)

I'd also love to see:

Aerosmith

Alkaline Trio

Apocalyptica

Breaking Benjamin (hopefully they'll start touring again with a new lineup...)

Decyfer Down

Elbow

Evanescence

Foxy Shazam

Linkin Park

Red

Bahahahaha! Steel Panther! I saw them when I went to LA in 2008. Went to the Key Club, being told I was going to see Metal Skool. I'm pretty sure the show I went to was the show where they announced the name change. Saw Pink, Michael Rappaport, and Hal Sparks sing some metal covers. Also stared at the good-looking Australian actor from House—and his nice-ass face—across the way in VIP all night. Pretty great night.

Oh man.....  Lemme see...

Pearl Jam (7 or 8 times, I forget)

Alice in Chains (all post Layne Staley, 5 times)

Jerry Cantrell solo  (3 times, pre-AIC reunion, plus an in-store appearance when DT 1 came out)

Comes with the Fall (opened for Jerry on the solo tour)

Orion Music and More Festival (both nights in Atlantic City)

Metallica 2x

The Sword

Avenged Sevenfold

Eric Church

Sepultura

Slayer

Pantera

Soulfly (2x)

Morbid Angel

Nothingface

Megadeth 2x

Motorhead

Volbeat

Slipknot (in 1999, BEFORE 1st record came out. Place was a dump, maybe 200 people, and it was FUCKING INSANE)

Coal Chamber

Machine Head

Walls of Jericho

Stretch Armstrong

H2O

Aerosmith

Kenny Wayne Shepard

Alabama (in the 80s, I was a kid)

Sting (3 or 4 times)

The Police (on the reunion tour)

Tool (3 times?)

Fantomas (2x, both with Tool)

Tomahawk

Dream Theater

Death Cab for Cutie

Velvet Revolver (2x, freaking fantastic band live!)

Chris Cornell solo, before Soundgarden got back together

Porcupine Tree

King's X

Halestorm (1/2 of a show, I couldn't stand the teenie-boppers to make it to the end)

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Kyng

Powerman 5000

Buckcherry

Ray Charles (that was a trip...)

Better than Ezra

Seven Mary Three

Incubus

Boys II Men (8th grade!!)

Brandy (opened up for B2M)

That may be it......  I think that's it...

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln

Oh, Lordy. Lessee here...

The Limelighters

The Kingston Trio (early '60s folkie groups; went with my mom when I was a kid)

Peter, Paul & Mary

Sting (Dream of the Blue Turtles tour; my first solo concert, I was 14)

Blue Oyster Cult

Rush

Iron Maiden w/ Corrosion of Conformity

Leslie West (lead guitarist from Mountain)

They Might Be Giants (three times; first time was a free concert in NYC's Central Park, with Pere Ubu and NRBQ)

Styx

Stevie Ray Vaughan (big Greenpeace benefit concert in Auckland, NZ; Toni Childs, Dave Dobbyn and Herbs were also on he ticket)

Seal (free show; surprisingly good)

Celtas Cortos (Hispano-Celtic rock band)

Jethro Tull

Brave Combo (world's only nuclear polka band!)

The Bottle Rockets

Los Lobos

Iron Prostate (New Year's Eve 1994 at CBGBs! Geezer punk!)

Asylum Street Spankers (old-timey rag and blues music about sex, drugs, and parenthood)

I have kids now, so I don't get out much any more.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Bahahahaha! Steel Panther! I saw them when I went to LA in 2008. Went to the Key Club, being told I was going to see Metal Skool. I'm pretty sure the show I went to was the show where they announced the name change.

Bahahahaha indeed! I've seen them twice (2011 and 2012) and the second time they'd ramped it up and were even more outrageous than the first time. They are SUCH amazing musicians too, though. Satchel's solos and jamming in particular were incredible. Wasn't sure what they'd be like when we met them - they were just the same but more low key and v polite and appreciative of people hanging around to wait for them.

Thanks! I saw Halestorm supporting BFMV earlier this year - perhaps the same tour you saw them on. Lzzy came on with BFMV and sang some of Dirty Little Secret - it was awesome :)

it was awesome.  it was REALLY good.l

She truly can sing- we were very pleased.

Also super pleased with the wheel chair guy who went crowd surfing. it was equally awesome. 

christ i've not seen anywhere near enough... and i doubt any of you lot have heard of these guys :P

first gig was Passenger (going to see him again in oct)

second was the day after and was Newton Faulkner

after that i've seen frank turner twice, newton faulkner again and ben howard as well as some small time local rock/punkish bands who were actually pretty good

Started out with Christian rock bands in the 80s...DC Talk (in the start when they were just 3 boys in jean jackets doing beat box rap!), Mylon & Broken Heart, Amy Grant.....

Then I saw Garth Brooks in my country phase.

In the 90s, saw Whiteheart, Scorpions, Santana, Carter

Early 2000s, I saw Shane MacGowan (The Pogues' lead singer, but he had broken with them and had a band called the Popes)

I am going to try my darndest to get tickets for Macklemore this Friday, can't believe he's going to be in my state!

I also want to see:

Muse (Fave band-would travel to see them!)

Imagine Dragons

Level 3 Pandaren Adventurer

“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.†–A.A. Milne   (Thanks to magi192 for posting this!)

ETA: My middle school BFF and I went to go see the Backstreet Boys (!!!) in the early 2000s for the Black & Blue tour. We had the bright idea of painting our faces half black and half blue. We got quite a few strange looks, because I guess it's not all that common to paint your face for a boy band concert. We had a great time and I regret nothing.

BAHAHAHAAA!!!  If you are going to go to a boy band concert, THAT is the way to do it!  You and your BFF win!

I see live music two to three times a week, so too many to list!  If you name a big, or just shy of big band I most likely have seen them.

I list my top 5 best live shows to at least add to the line up here.

1) Rollins Band - simple the best live show I have ever seen, his energy on stage is amazing! 

2) The Killers - a great live show, I got to see them before the got really big at a small venue, and after when they blew up at a big one, both great shows.

3) NOFX -seen them 6 or 7 times, always great and funny.  Was at one of their shows in a high school gym and the stage collapsed.  They finished playing with people holding up the amplifiers.

4) The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - seen them 19 times.  They never once have phoned it in, great energy and maybe one one of the best audience vibes.

5) Metallica - I have no idea if they still just love what they do, or have been doing it long enough that they can fool into thinking that they do.  Wither way I don't care because there real or fake love of performing is a site to see.

Dashboard Confessional

New Found Glory

Streetlight Manifesto

Gym Class Heroes

Ronnie Day

Something Corporate

Jack's Mannequin

Secondhand Serenade

Reel Big Fish

Starpool

Reinventing the Wheel

La Banda Skalavera

Littlest Man Band

The Matches

Big D and the Kids Table

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

ben Lee

John Ralston

Solemite

and my favorite band Suburban Legends, more times than I can count.

Still hoping to see No Doubt someday. I'd also love to see Motion City Soundtrack, Kid Finish, and Goldfinger.

• Like 1

Started out with Christian rock bands in the 80s...DC Talk (in the start when they were just 3 boys in jean jackets doing beat box rap!), Mylon & Broken Heart, Amy Grant.....

Then I saw Garth Brooks in my country phase.

In the 90s, saw Whiteheart, Scorpions, Santana, Carter

Early 2000s, I saw Shane MacGowan (The Pogues' lead singer, but he had broken with them and had a band called the Popes)

I am going to try my darndest to get tickets for Macklemore this Friday, can't believe he's going to be in my state!

I also want to see:

Muse (Fave band-would travel to see them!)

Imagine Dragons

OMG I totally forgot- you reminded me- we went to a Toby Mac concert many many moons ago!!!

There were several names there- but I couldn't tell you who for anything- Jars of Clay?? someone like that. 

Like a Storm (twice)

Creed

Lifehouse

Cavo

Daughtry (best live band I've ever seen)

Avenged Sevenfold

Disturbed

Black Stone Cherry

Alter Bridge

I will soon add Imagine Dragons and Fictionist to that list in October.

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

Hmmmm

Crowded House, multiple countries, multiple times
Also, Finn Bros, Split Enz, and The Pyjama Club (all Neil Finn things)

Live, multiple times

Robbie Williams, multiple times

Foo Fighters

Lady Antebellum, multiple times

Bob Dylan

Garbage

Alanis Morrisette

Kylie Minogue (against my will)

Pink, multiple times

Sarah McLachlan

Hoodoo Gurus
Hunters and Collectors

Bon Jovi

Lion in the Mane (check them out....)
Cheap Trick

Def Leppard

Poison

The Angels

Pete Murray
Missy Higgins

Darren Hayes

Elvis Costello

Jet

Powderfinger

Little River Band (had the singer sing at my wedding!)

The Church

Cold Chisel

Chocolate Starfish

Paul Kelly

Rick Springfield
Richard Marx
Kiss

There'll be more, but that's what I can think of, off the top of my head.

Bands:

Better than Ezra

Dave Matthews Band

Weezer

Papa Roach

Sublime with Rome (so, not original Sublime)

Train

Eve 6

Lifehouse

Panic! at the Disco

Dropkick Murphys

Blue Man Group (bandish?)

John Legend

DJs:

Armin van Buuren

David Guetta

Deadmau5

Pan van Dyke

ATB

Kaskade

BT

Sandra Collins

DJ Sammy

Gareth Emery

John O'Callaghan

Markus Schulz
Cosmic Gate

Ferry Corsten

Gabriel & Dresden

Sharam

Steve Aoki

Those are all of the main ones I can remember.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*