The Way of the Warrior

Level One, Week One

Having fought my way through the urban jungle, I discovered an item of interest - some simple armour for the legs: "trackies". I equipped them, the thick black fabric encasing my legs, keeping the lower half of my body warm, in this Winter wasteland, and, coupled with the "shoes of walking", I have been improving my skill, slowly, slowly. It's going to take some time to regain the former strength and stamina I had in a previous incarnation. Flashes of that past strong, fit body wash over me, but I push them aside and work on breathing, every step bringing me closer to a new truth, a new existence.

In my humble abode, I set about removing any traps: the Red Rock, Cadbury, soft-drink kind. My Naturopath has advised the cessation of dairy foods, to aid in healing my broken liver. Cheese is my Kryptonite... so my focus this week is on decreasing its hold on me. My simple, single concession will be a splash of milk in my morning potion. Cheese. Oh cheese, how I love thee. But our time together must end, until my healing is absolute.

Yesterday, I spent some enjoyable hours in the crafting of delicious, nutritious, cheese-free meals. Vegetables and lentils in a pie, vegetable and lentil soup, and magic gluten-free baked beans: these are my weapons against hunger, and also the source of my healing power. I need strength in order to master the ways of my sword... to become the true warrior that I am.

Up nice and early. 
Walked further today, in my 40 minutes, than previously. This is a small sign that things are improving. Feel I could have walked longer, but the ankle I broke several years ago was paining, so I figured it's best to let it rest. 
I achieved my goal: 40 minutes of exercise.

Breakfast: oatmeal. Felt a little ick; am wondering if I am allergic/sensitive to wheaty oaty things...

Apparently, morning walks suit me. Later in the day, and I'm too tired... too unmotivated.

Now, to make some vegan soup, with zucchinis, shallots, and other green goodies.

Also, I'm putting this here to remind me of the health benefits and my personal goal of improving my health.

I want to:

improve cardiac fitness
decrease body fat
decrease negative heath effects 
heal my liver (hence no cheese)
improve general disposition (decrease the sads)
improve strength
improve physical appearance

plus, all the other good things this dude mentions.

:peach: