*waves hello from north central MN*

Hey all,

Been following NF casually for a while now but have just decided that a change NEEDS to be made and am jumping in with the beginning body workout with my hubby next week. We're making a commitment to change our routine to become more consistent and include some kind of daily exercise- even if it's a 2 mile walk with the dogs.

So I'm checking in here and will be perusing the rest of the forums shortly. Can't wait to really start this process and hopefully seeing some changes!

WineAndWinter, the level 0 Wood elf
Current challenge

Class: Recruit, leaning toward Ranger

Goal #1: 5K (in progress) 

25%
25%

Goal #2: Better Living Through Food
0%
0%

Goal #3: Yoga x3/wk (TBD) 
0%
0%

Goal #4: Return to Kettlebells (TBD)
0%
0%

Hello!

That's awesome that your husband is joining you to! We have a lot of Nerd couples here, which is nice for them since their either competing with each other's scores or pushing each other to go farther.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of Nerd are you? You don't have to be to join, I just like meeting fellow gamer, or LOTR fans....or Godzilla lovers, we have to few of those. :P

Can't wait to see you in the next challenge....or the current whichever one!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I don't know, I've never really been able to put a label on myself re: geekdom. I like scifi and fantasy, I like technology, I like music and reading... I've read LOTR and seen the movies but wouldn't consider myself a fan; I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire and watching Game of Thrones and love it. I grew up on Anne McCaffrey, Mercedes Lackey, Piers Anthony and Alan Dean Foster, Walter Farley and Marguerite Henry. I have recently started PC gaming with things like Skyrim, Left 4 Dead (1 & 2), Portal (1 & 2), and Defiance. SyFy Channel in the early 2000's (when it was still SciFi and ran Farscape and The Invisible Man), Watched Atlantis religiously but got bored with SG-1, and right now LOVE The Walking Dead, Longmire, Castle, Archer, and I think Defiance is hitting it's stride. Monty Python and Brit humor in general (BBC Top Gear!) I'm an IT manager for a family-owned resort; I do graphic design and web development on the side.

Not nerdy enough for some, too nerdy for others. Meh. *shrug*

"Guild" style is hybrid Monk (I have a red belt in taekwondo) and Druid (LOVE my hot power yoga!).

So yeah, I guess that's a little bit more about me.

WineAndWinter, the level 0 Wood elf
Current challenge

Class: Recruit, leaning toward Ranger

Goal #1: 5K (in progress) 

25%
25%

Goal #2: Better Living Through Food
0%
0%

Goal #3: Yoga x3/wk (TBD) 
0%
0%