Does anyone want to talk keto?

He takes a multi with plenty of magnesium... I see no reason to try a transdermal for him at this point (he's only not quite 5). He also loves Epsom baths.

I found that increasing his saturated fat is what has helped out the most, so that is what I do. Veggies get butter, pancakes get a little bacon fat, no trimming his chicken... etc.He really is very mild (which is why I cannot understand his shrink and developmental pediatrician arguing over whether he is mild or moderate, seems silly to me)

I really try to avoid most of the supposed "cures" for ASD, because there is no cure... and many of them seem so not worth it for our family, in our situation. 

Greek yogurt has a much stronger flavor than the regular stuff, so be prepared. Good luck!

He takes a multi with plenty of magnesium... I see no reason to try a transdermal for him at this point (he's only not quite 5). He also loves Epsom baths.

I found that increasing his saturated fat is what has helped out the most, so that is what I do. Veggies get butter, pancakes get a little bacon fat, no trimming his chicken... etc.He really is very mild (which is why I cannot understand his shrink and developmental pediatrician arguing over whether he is mild or moderate, seems silly to me)

I really try to avoid most of the supposed "cures" for ASD, because there is no cure... and many of them seem so not worth it for our family, in our situation. 

Greek yogurt has a much stronger flavor than the regular stuff, so be prepared. Good luck!

Evan is having issues with anxiety leading to aggression. He's twelve, so some of this is hormone based, I think. He also hates bathing.

There is no cure for ASD :) Quite frankly, if we cured all of us, we wouldn't BE us. But I will take whatever assistance I can get to make his time at school less stressful for him, and since I can't eradicate the bullies and unaware staff, that leaves me with providing coping strategies and symptom relief for him. He had 8 days of suspension last year for getting aggressive :(

I take magnesium in powder form, mixed with water right before bed.  It doesn't taste amazing, but it really helps me sleep.

I am just getting IBS managed (all hail the mighty Chia). Oral magnesium is probably not an option. I know transdermal works for the Autism stuff sometimes, so I figured we'd try it. Supposed to help with fibro too.

So how well does chia work with IBS?  I ask because my husband has diverticulosis and while he's supposed to eat a lot of fiber he's specifically supposed to avoid seeds.  I love my chia seed pudding, but I've been reluctant to recommend it to him for that reason.  

-jj

I take magnesium in powder form, mixed with water right before bed.  It doesn't taste amazing, but it really helps me sleep.

So how well does chia work with IBS?  I ask because my husband has diverticulosis and while he's supposed to eat a lot of fiber he's specifically supposed to avoid seeds.  I love my chia seed pudding, but I've been reluctant to recommend it to him for that reason.  

-jj

I grind it first in the Nutribullet.  I grind EVERYTHING in the Nutribullet :)  Including the raw greens.  Less work for my digestive system, less chance of problems.  IIt still retains the absorbency when ground.  So the stuff it does that makes the pudding?  Think of it as a natural sponge for your gut :)   I'd check with the doc first, anyway.  Diverticulitis is no joke :(

Figured I'd update to keep everyone in the loop. I've started another cycle of keto, but trying out TKD this time.

I'll be ingesting 20-30g of carbs both pre and post workouts to flush my glucose levels in order to stimulate muscle growth and provide me with some cheap energy while battling through my CrossFit classes.

I'll update as I go. This week will most likely be speant just dropping down into ketosis. The fun times begin.