Let's get mighty mighty.

I added you back!

It's irritating cause I have a shirt I want to wear that I bought specifically because it -almost- fit and it's getting cold enough that I can wear long sleeves everyday and this awesome shirt doesn't fit. 

Though I did buy some absolutely fabulous red-orange pants on Friday. You can call me Captain Tightpants.

Level 2 Dwarven Noob, Bluff Conqueror

STR: 3 DEX: 0 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 0 CHA: 2

Challenge thread! | Battle log!

You might need a username change for that one. ;)

The fun thing about having bought that shirt is that it's going to be a CLEAR indication of fat loss. You'll try it on again and it'll fit better and better until, eventually, it might be too big and then you'll curse yourself for having not bought an extra. XD

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

So, checking in. I've been keeping up to date with my running, but yesterday was rough and I missed my workout, so I just finished up with it now. I ran for 15 minutes and then did my three circuits. My first set of squats was amazing. I apparently activated beast mode, I don't think I've gone through the squats, push-ups, and lunges that fast before. I guess I was just in the zone or something. Also, flutter kicks and side bridges are still hard. Awesome but hard.

Also I had my paleo day yesterday. That went well. I picked up more paleo friendly foods today so I don't have to eat a pound of chicken to hit my calorie goals.

So, Saturday was my workout day, cause I shifted everything. I've been keeping on top of my daily running, so no worries there. But anyways, yesterday morning I ran outside of my own volition for the first time ever. I learned a couple things. One, I am not prepared to run outside and my elliptical does not in actuality prepare me for real running. I'm gonna train up. I ran for 7.5 minutes and walked home for around 12, so I'm counting it as running my 15 on my elliptical, because it wore me out just as much if not more.

So, my three circuits went well. I'm planning on upping the time on my planks again. My standard 3 circuits is what I did though. Felt good too.

I still hurt from all that running though. Apparently I haven't used certain muscles in a while.

Better late then never right? I just finished my workout, typing this up at 10:47PM. I ran my fifteen minutes and I did my three circuits. I upped my planks and my side bridges by 5 seconds each. My core hurts, in a good way. 

Today was a good day. Looking way forward to the Wisconsin area Devil's Lake meetup/hike this weekend. Sad-thing though is that I've invited people to go with me and thus far everybody's bailed.

So, yesterday's workout was my most badass workout yet. I'd been letting Game of Thrones marathon in the background while I wrote papers, so I paused that and ran for 15 minutes and then I did my three circuits while Game of Thrones played. I did push-ups to the oath of the Nights Watch and I did squats to Khal Drogo pledging the kingdoms of Westeros to Daenerys Stormborn. 

Anyways, 3 circuits, still at 22 per circuit for squats and lunges, planks at 45 seconds, my added flutter kicks still at 15 and the side bridges at 25 seconds.

I'm posting two days late, forgive me! I did my workout on Friday as per usual, not much special there. I'm gonna do one more week with my core times at 45 and 25, but after that I should be okay considering I start weight training next Friday. I am pretty psyched about that.

Also, I went hiking yesterday with metal_weaver and FalseAesop and we had a blast. Weaver posted some great pictures on the meet up thread including some great pictures of the landscape, plus an awesome one of me at the peak of the eastern bluff. Go hiking sometime, I'd never been and it's super awesome.

As far as challenge stuff goes, I missed my first day for the Hard Hat Challenge, but that's okay because I hiked for like 5 miles, so it's not like I didn't do anything, I was just completely worn out by the time I got home.

Peace, e'rebody. 

You totally earned the rest, man. And thanks for all the help with my boys, too. I really appreciated it. :) Even if they missed almost every hand you offered them to help them, they asked me on the way home if we could go hiking with you 'n FA again sometime. Steven (the oldest) was talking about getting a hat like yours, too. ;P 

BTW, that trail mix stuff was dangerously delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Hey dude! I haven't replied in a while, but I can see you are making oodles of progress. Digging the progress photo. Enjoy your rest and keep it up captain tight pants :P

Black Half-Hobbit Half-Human

Level 1, Rebel

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

So, this morning was my first in-gym workout of my own volition. It was pretty awesome. Got a buddy of mine to join me and we worked out for about an hour. I'm going to note my weights on things as (Reps)x(Sets):(Weight) so that you can follow along. Goill  ahead and assume anything that works a single limb I did one movement with each limb for the count.

I did:

6x3:135 benchpress.

6x3:871/2 Lat Pulldown.

10x3:Body Sit-ups on the little rack/bench thing that gives you more range of movement.

10x3:100 back extensions. 

12x3:20 bicep curls

10x3:30 tricep extensions

10x3:80 leg curls

10x3:80 leg extensions

Then after all that I ran for 5 minutes on the treadmill. I still have difficulty actually running. Doing stuff like an elliptical or a stationary bike is easy for me, but actually running just sucks for me. Don't really know why.

I've also been thinking about supplementing my diet on days I work out with some kind of protein supplement because most of what my diet is or has been is portion control, considering I don't make all of my own food. So some days, it's hard to make sure I get enough protein and if I'm building muscle, I really want to make sure I get enough. I know at the moment I'm not trying to "gain" really but I am trying to build plenty of strong, dense, and maybe even large, muscle. So... Yeh. I don't really know what I'm doing with all of this.

Right, so today was gym day again, but I was all by my lonesome this time. I started my workout with 10 minutes on the cross-trainer thing..machine... It works sort of like an elliptical machine, so... It seemed like a good choice for my starting cardio. Then I went through a bunch of weights stuff. I'm enjoying working out in a gym even though it isn't as comfortable and private as my house. Also I did some stuff machines today that I didn't before because I didn't have a spotter and it seemed safer. Also did some things freeweights that I did machine on Friday, because I remembered how to do them.

So, what I did today.

8x3:117 Back extensions

8x3:Body sit-ups on that bench thing again.

6x3:125 Chest Press (machine)

6x3:35 Barbell Rows

8x3:87.5 Leg Extension

8x3:87.5 Leg Curl

6x3:15 Seated Bicep curl

6x3:30 Tricep extension

So. I remembered Rows are what you do to work the opposite muscles from the push-ups in the BBWW, so I added weight. I didn't do bench presses today because I didn't want to run the risk of getting the weight stuck on my chest cause that almost happened on Friday. Also I switched to seated bicep curls because I swing too much if I do them standing and free. I don't know how it affects how it works your muscles, it just seemed like the sing to do.

Also, not fitness but life related, a lady from my church is throwing a dinner party for the young adults tomorrow night. I'm excited. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

So. Today I had gym time again.

8x4:117 Back extensions

8x4:Body sit-ups on that bench thing, yet again.

6x4:125 Bench press

6x4:35 Barbell Rows

6x4:??? Leg Press (The infernal machine didn't actually have weights marked on the plates.)

6x4:15 Seated Bicep curl

6x4:30 Tricep extension

Also the dinner party went really well.