• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hermione Gainser

Martial Arts Guild

Ahem, *bump*

Hi! This guild business intrigues me. I dare say I could join this one? I've been boxing a little over a year but am interested in trying Krav Maga, kickboxing, fencing and anything else that can help me become a bad ass ninja warrior for the modern age.

My boyfriend has been encouraging me to try BJJ but my brief stint with it didn't captivate me. I might try it again sometime. It's fun to watch others do, after all.

Can I play? I practiced TKD in high school, then BJJ and kami bushi kai (a Shotokan off-shoot of sorts) in university. Now I am practicing a new style called kiru do, which seems to be more street-friendly than any of the others to date. Martial arts has always been a preferred form of exercise, besides riding horses - I can't stand a gym.

Yes, this is the place for me in this forum.

I did some Bujinkan Ninjutsu for three years and I miss so much my Ninja days, but my master moved very far away. Part of my own epic quest is to be able to travel to his city and train regularly with him.

Now, since Martial Arts is a passion for me and I wanted to keep training I've been doing Wing Chun for almost 7 months already and I love it, perhaps more than Ninjutsu.

How many of you practice Wing Chun? I'd like to meet you all!

How many of you practice Wing Chun? I'd like to meet you all!

*Raises hand* Me! And I definitely love it and understand the importance of a good master. My Sifu is absolutely awesome, and I can't imagine I'd have gotten into it as much if that weren't the case.

Awesome! For how long have you been training? My Sifu is pretty young, it's actually the same age I am, but he's been training since he was 15. If you judge him by his age you'd make a huge mistake as he's really fast and strong. And he really knows how to get you moving, you can really relate to him.

My Sifu is in his early 50s, but the only way you can tell he's older than 35 is by his graying hair. Otherwise, I'm sure he's more fit and could take down any 20-something that challenged him (including me with no problem whatsoever). He's Polish but he trained in China for several years, so that definitely adds to his qualifications.

Edited by bildungsroman

Definitely joining this guild! I've got 18 years experience in Shorin-Ryu as well. Still haven't gotten my Shodan, but come a little closer before you laugh at that. :)

Count me in as well. I've had experience in Krav Maga, Aikido, Bujinkan Tai Jutsu, Wing Chun, and currently practicing my absolute favorite of the bunch: Enshin Karate (an offshoot of Kyokushin). Also did a lot of combatives in the Army.

Nice to meet everyone! And to those fellow karateka: Osu!

Been a big fan of tai chi, very recently began doing push hands with a friend. I'm also open to other styles. I know way too much about martial arts for how little I have practiced them.

Do or Die Muay Thai. It's changed my life a lot since I began in March of 2011. I've been a little busy at work and a little burned out recently, so I am taking it easy, but I am so glad I found this in my life.