The body, heart and mind of Finnfinn

Hi there!

I've discovered this website a while ago, going through the free resources and drooling at the Rebel Fitness Guide. Haven't bought it so far though, there's a few things which might eat away at my bank account soon.

Anyway, I'll just introduce myself and start with some personal stuff:

My name is Julian, I'm 21 years old right now. I respond to Finnfinn IRL as well, because we got a few Julians at university, and I study computer science. Needless to say, I also enjoy programming and such. I'm a fan of the animated series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, with the part behind the colon being my life philosophy since pretty much ever. I also enjoy shooting sport, especially with revolvers and over-and-under-barrelled shotguns, hiking and climbing. And singing.

I'm in mediocre shape at best. Right now, I'm facing some (psychological) difficulties at university, which keep me from continuing my workouts, but I'm pretty sure that I'll get better soon. Long-term goal is learning Parkour, which I'm already somewhat decent at, despite my slightly chubby appearance, and perfecting the art of using my body as a tool to move and survive, even under stressful conditions. Fitness and tenacity are very important to me, since I'm epileptic and react strongly to combinations of tiredness and physical or psychological strain.

I have a natural talent for balance and am capable to compensate for falling, being thrown or stumbling over stuff quite well. What I lack, though, is the ability to sit still. I can be patient and wait, but I'd rather wait while running around, climbing on things and basically do stuff with my environment. That's not a flaw I aim to fix though, seems like a time waster to me.

Unfortunately, I don't know if I can contribute much to this community. I guess I use my own version of "Level up your life!", using only the three attributes Body, Heart and Mind (bonus points for everyone who recognizes this system), with the Body score being the average of stamina, strength, dexterity and speed. The other two attributes get an increment whenever I manage to give a nice performance in front of a crowd, be it a discussion, presenting a topic and stuff like that for Heart and solving a tricky problem or passing an exam for Mind.

And... I guess that's it. I hope we'll have lots of fun together!

Welcome Finnfinn! I'm new here as well (and new to internet forums in general) so hopefully I'm doing this right lol. I'm a computer science major too, I do a lot of programming in my spare time and I'll hopefully be finishing up a project here soon. It sucks your facing difficulties that are making it hard to focus on getting fit but I'm sure you'll find a way to deal and drive on. I know we don't know each other but if you need support I'm always here!

What kind of music do you sing? I play a little piano and guitar when I have the time, and I love writing my own music.

I want to learn Parkour really bad but I have to improve quite a bit before I'll be ready for that. I like to be active as much as possible too. I love just getting outside and doing stuff instead of sitting around when I'm bored. Hopefully you find motivation and support here, and good luck on your quest to be a Parkour master/computer genius/singer extraordinaire! =)

Thank you for the warm welcome, not to mention the offer of support. :)

I'll start with covering songs from the Friendship is Magic TV show, probably. They're catchy and I sing them all day anyway, so I might as well record them.

Piano and guitar, you say? You don't happen to have a sample or anything? I'd love to hear something from you!