I am detecting large quantities of win in this workout

So, I went to the rec center and worked out.  I didn't have much time, so I decided to do a small number of heavy lifts and GTFO.

I deadlifted for the first time ever.  I only lifted 50lbs, but I concentrated on my form and kept my back straight the whole time.  I squatted my bodyweight +20lbs.  I benched 30lbs.

w00t, w00t, and w00t.

Then I did some dumbbell rows, and unbeknownst to me, my form was incorrect.  I was sticking my elbow out too far and curling my wrist.  Some Guy came up to me...

I have anxiety.  It manifests itself in social situations, and when people are in my personal space.  My usual reaction to being approached by a stranger is somewhere along the lines of onoz onoz onoz onoz!  This time was no exception.  When he started kindly giving me pointers and demonstrating what a proper dumbbell row should look like, it hit me.

Wait a minute.  I am feeling nervous because I have anxiety.  It's like feeling congested when I have a cold--nothing I can do but acknowledge it and do the best I can to work with it.  This guy is not going to kill me.  He is telling me good information and I should concentrate on it.

So, I did.  I pulled my elbow in, just like he said.  I kept my wrist straight.  I felt muscles that I hadn't been feeling before.  It was amazing.  So, I did a few sets of proper dumbbell rows, cleaned up, stretched, and left.  On the way out, the guy wished me a good evening and I said goodbye, like it was no big deal.

It was only when I got out to the car that I realized that he'd been touching me, guiding my elbow to where it should have been, and I didn't freak the hell out.  That's HUGE in my world.  I was able to get through a normal social interaction, including completely inocuous touching, without an adrenaline response.  I am so proud of myself!! 

Here's to stepping outside my comfort zone! :D

YAY!!! The touching thing is why I ended up having to stop using a trainer.... too much anxiety. 

"I was taught that the way of progress was neither swift nor easy." ~~Marie Curie

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honour, Duty, Mercy, Hope. " ~~ Winston Churchill 

Level 1 Human Druid STR 1 DEX 1 STA 1 CON 2 WIS 3 CHA 2  (yes, human. Boring I know.)