Talk is cheap. Looking for results.

I'm about to be 31. Married for almost 6 months now. 

This is a portion of the email I sent to Steve that describes my situation pretty well.

I'm struggling with Maintaing resolve long enough to start to see results. I definitely have entrenched myself in poor patterns of eating and sedentarity(which should be a word, dangit) that my body works hard to keep me fatter than I need to be. 1900 calorie diet, exercise 3x a week for a month. 3 lbs gained and zero inches lost. That's discouraging, but I know my only option is to double down on my efforts and plans.

But, I just plain have to make a change. I owe it to my wife who lost her dad at 16 and had to watch her mom struggle to continue without her partner. My amazing and beautiful wife doesn't deserve for me to leave her in a similar way, especially due to my own insipid habits and gluttonies. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Today I'm 277 lbs and at 5'9" I should be around 200 or even less, really. But it's not the pounds as much as the lifestyle. I want to canoe. I want to snorkel with my wife. I want us to kayak together, to rock climb together. to win a local doubles tennis match. I don't want to sweat just getting upstairs to our condo. 

So, here I go. My plan at the moment.

- Switch to a "light" Paleo diet (killing carbs and unnatural sugars) during the week. Still keeping that to a net 1800 calories a day.
- Doing some kind of exercise for 45 minutes a day (rowing, weights, elliptical, switching it up), monday through friday.
- Doing something fun and active every saturday (Tennis, racquetball, hiking, basketball, etc).

All while keeping a freakin' beastmode of a positive attitude about it, all. 

Let's do this.

Awesome game plan, welcome to the forums! :)

Reading through your log, I saw 1900 and 1800 calories. Where did you get this number from?

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173