Joining the Rebellion from Overseas!

Hello Everybody,

I spent the past 3 days reading pretty much everything on this blog and I loved everything about it!

I decided to join the rebellion because it made great sense for me and I like the idea of being part of a huge community sharing same values!

Here's my story:

I am French of African descent, living in a country most of you probably have never heard of :  Belgium. 

Being in a " it's complicated" relationship status with my body and weight. Lots of diets effective and not less effective. I love food. I love cooking. 

2 years ago I had a serious health problem I lost 20 lbs by changing radically diet

A year ago, I decided to search, read info on nutrition, exercise, cardio etc in order to get fitter and stabilise my weight... I've read plenty of things, my mind started to change, I manage to integrate new habits (protein and good fat breakfast). However, that was not enough.

To be honest, it is only recently (over the past 2 months) that I got a breakthough and knew what I needed to do : commit seriously about it.

Because I wanted to lose weight, I started in feb 2013 to spend time at the gym, doing cardio mostly. I loved it, it enabled me to be sporty again, get a good endurance level. However, I was frustrated at the fact that I was not really losing weight, the scale said I was gaining some and my clothes said the opposite....

Then I travelled to Asia for 1 month. For some reason, I lost 6kg (about 13 lbs). I took 3 back after I came back and thanks to a coach I started to track everything that went to my mouth. I was still exercising a lot (cardio). I realised that even if I thought I was eating healthy (vegetables, proteines, cut off gluten sources)... there was lots of sugar loads associated with frustration, anger or sadness. I knew I was addicted to it, but I realised that it is for me an emotion management tool.

I decided (mi-June) it was enough and that I would weight 160 lbs (I am 5' 8''), get fit and would do what it takes to reach that point. First thing was : cut carbs off. I didn't really manage to keep it sustainable. However I knew it was the thing to do ( to cope with other annoying health problems).

Another important breakthrough : "time to build up some muscle Princess! ".  I didn"t know where to start and I wanted to be able to train on my own the mornings (because I love working up on mornings!). I bumped into a former colleague that told me she 'd lost 10 lbs thank to having a personal trainer at the gym. I took an appointment with the PT's wife, and I decided to start with her. She changes the exercices at every session, I realised that it was a "cross fit for beginners" kind of training that I was doing. (Actually I found the site by typing " CrossFit for begiiners" :P )

After my six sessions (3 with her, 3 on my own) I went from 192 to 185 lbs in 2 weeks. Let see how the coming weeks goes.

I think the " 80% of success will be built on your diet" will become my power sentence! It is very likely that right diet was what prevented me for reaching my goal!

This blog is really complete, after having created my Super hero (Natarella), I intend to follow challenges here in the community and wish to be able to publish by October 23rd (my b-day :) ) a series of before and after pictures! (sound like a goal, isn't it?)

That was a long introduction, but it enabled me to increase my motivation!

Hugs from Brussels, Belgium!

Level 2- Panthera Assassin

CHA 4 - WIS 3 - STA 4 - STR 2 -  DEX 1 - CON 2

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Second not-so-good one ..

Third challenge

Jan 2016 challenge... long time after :)

Hi, you are not alone indeed, i am not far frm you... France !

So i will be glad to send you good wibs, and support whiles i start also my first challenge !!!

A bientôt !

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

no problem, welcome to the assassins ^^

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Hello again! 

After 3 years and a half of on and off presence in the forums, I am back because I remember how supportive has this community been for me and how much I grew and learnt by being around and reading the articles!

Today, in 2017 I am : 

- still living in Belgium 

- self-employed and looking for a full-time job (while keeping my self-employed projects) 

- married (very recently to a man I adore) 

Fitnesswise, it's as if I was totally new to this world (after having practiced crossfit intensively for 2 years). My eating is chaotic. So I am back, because I miss the fit and healthy me :) 

Nerdwise : HP(of course), GoT, Survivor TV series and the French Survivor (I don't know why I am fascinated by these shows) 

My healh and fitness goals for 2017 :

- Aerial silk : I want to be able to lift myself from the ground 

- To be able to perform an unassisted chin-up

- to do a split (I used to be able to and I lost it) 

Thanks for reading!

Level 2- Panthera Assassin

CHA 4 - WIS 3 - STA 4 - STR 2 -  DEX 1 - CON 2

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Second not-so-good one ..

Third challenge

Jan 2016 challenge... long time after :)