• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Adanessa

Adanessa's Challenge

Alright, so my previous challenges always seemed to get a little iffy towards the middle to the end (Either from stress or my own laziness), but this time...THIS TIME I really want to finish it. ANNNND my boyfriend has decided to help coach and keep me motivated.  :D Third time is a charm, right? So I HAVE to see it through this time. Plateau or not, I'll keep with it and not get discouraged. Stressed out at some points? That should motivate me to just go work out more! I'm ONE pound away from being under 230 lbs, which is a weight I haven't been in a few years. And I want to absolutely smash that number and get to at least 220 or so by the end of this challenge. Hey, 10 lbs shouldn't be hard, but it's a start. I don't want to make it too big of a number loss and get discouraged. So if I go beyond that number, then awesome. Besides, I can change that goal part way through the challenge If I feel the need to right?

So, onto the good parts of this post...The goals!

Goal 1: Walk at least 3 times a week (in the evening if need be due to heat)

-I gotta get back into the Zombies, Run! application. :( It's been a while since i used it due to all the heat, so I'm hoping I can start doing that again to help burn calories on the days I don't go to the gym or something. 

Goal 2: Go to the gym and workout at least 2 times a week (Including swimming in this if I can get some swimwear, but since that has to do with money, I can't really guarantee this particular part of the goal. I'll just edit this part if I do happen to get something). 

Bonus: Join a group workout! Either yoga, zumba or whatever  :D 

-I really need to get back into using the gym as well. I've neglected that membership for a while now, and since it's being paid for...well, you know. I can't be wasting that money. D: So I'll go back and workout, use the treadmill, whatever. Maybe do some of the Nerd Fitness Rookie Workout there as well if I can. I'd also like to be able to swim so I could work on strengthening my lungs because my asthma's been horrid lately. But I gotta get something to wear for the pool there if I'm gonna do that. ALSO, SWIMMING IS AN AWESOME WORK OUT. DUH. Bonus points if I join a class at some point. 

Goal 3: No eating late (I keep doing this one since I seem to go on/off with this goal. I need to actually stop eating late). Also, have a veggie meal AT LEAST once a week. 

-Yeeeah, I gotta perfect this one and actually stop eating late at times. I just can't help it sometimes! ;_; because I end up watching movies really late at night sometimes and snacks just seem so tempting! But yeah. WATER INSTEAD! 

Goal 4: Practice with my boffer sword 3 times a week

-I need to get better with my swings and jabs and everything else with my LARPing sword  :tongue: So, I should really practice my technique or something. SO, since this ALSO doubles as a workout and it's really FUN, I'm gonna use this. I suppose this can also be considered the "fun" exercise for the NerdFitness rookie workout. 

I'll edit this later and put in what constitutes as a passing grade or failing for the challenge.  :tongue: 

Edited by Adanessa

But the challenge finishes tomorrow...?

:3 Yeah I was for some reason in the whole mind set that the one for this week STARTED that day. Forgot it didn't start until today, so thought I'd just leave the forum post until the new challenge started, ;P But then my mind also derped in remembering I can't even delete this post since it gets thrown into previous weeks challenges. -_-;

I'm gonna check if they can move it to the current challenge subforum.

That could work too. I removed everything from the first post, but I still have it all copied down on my computer and can just repost it all. Thanks!

Moved to the current challenge subforum.  I've temporarily edited your title too, just so it's not longer asking to be deleted... you're not stuck with my lame, boring title forever if you don't wanna be. :)

SOOO. Day 1!

BREAKFAST/LUNCH:  

Egg on bread with cheese and ketchup =  227 calories
Clamato juice = 40 calories (4 oz)

...Saying that's both since apparently my 3 alarms didn't even wake me and I had slept like 10 hours. What a lovely start to the day!

SNACK:

-1 oz turkey jerky = 80 calories
-1 can Monster Rehab energy drink (low calorie) = 20 calories for entire can

DINNER:

-Chicken w/a ritz crust and cheddar (and cream of chicken) = ...No idea how many calories. My mom made it. >_> Hopefully isnt over my limit for the day. Shouldn't be though. = 650 or so calories?
-Side of fresh fruit (strawberries, honeydew, strawberries, cantelope) = 120 calories or so
-Water with crystal lite = 10 calories

TOTAL CALORIES FOR THE DAY: 

1147 calories so far.

;_; Gotta work out tomorrow! Was hoping to hang out with the boyfriend tonight but he might not be able to make it now since he shredded his tire on some metal thing that was laying in the road. -_- so, gotta hope his axle isn't all messed up now. Ughhh. Sucky. :(

Hey Adanessa!! Great first day, sorry to hear about your boyfriend's car tire getting shredded. Did he have to get it towed or did he just use the spare?

Great goals! Think you can keep it up? The Dark One says no...

I%20lied.jpg?1305927805

:tongue: There's actually more to that story now other than his car tire being shredded. But that happened after I had already posted that. He ended up needing a more powerful tool for his car since one of the bolt things refused to come off on his tire. So his dad came and picked him up and they went to go get another tool for that---came back to find that a semi had run into the back of his car. So now his car is totaled. :( So that sucks. He had his computer in it but somehow that side of the car it was in came out fine, but the drivers side and back is just messed up beyond repair (at least for what the cars worth) so yeah. Last night was pretty stressful. But I went and got him today so he's over here now. Sucks that he doesn't have his car though.

AND YEAH I CAN KEEP THEM UP! >:3 I gotta do it! Screw the dark one!

I know, right? D: It could have turned out SO much worse but I'm so happy everything's fine now, aside from the no car thing. He gets like $1200 for his car since it was old, so he's gonna work on trying to get a new one soon. 

Anyway, day 2!

Breakfast:

-1 mozzarella cheese stick = 80 calories

-Clamato juice = 80 calories

Lunch:

-Nothing!

Dinner: 

-1 chicken/apple sausage on a bun w/ mustard and relish = 300 calories

-1 half a kielbasa = 232 calories 

-water  

Snack: 

-1 mozzarella stick = 80 calories

-1 slim jim (ugh bad!) = 80 calories

-Funyuns = 130 calories

Total calories: 992

+500 or so for vodka 

Had some vodka too that night so i'm not sure what the calories on that is. Maybe had around 500 or calories worth of the stuff between the two of us. Which makes it just under 1500 calories for the day. Not really what I wanted to end at, but still not bad necessarily. 

Also had went for a walk earlier in the day before we went and got my boyfriend, so that was good. :D At least I got a bit of that done and had some exercise. Gonna have to skip the gym thing until the 6th or so, but that's alright since i'll just have to make it up with other exercises since I won't have any way to get to the gym. ALSO, I could probably just work out with the boffer sword some more too! :D Burn some niiiice calories doing duels and stuff with that because of the running and dodging, swinging, etc. 

Watch a fight scene from Lord of the Rings for some inspiration and motivation! Kill that orc, slay that troll, destroy the Witch King (you are no man after all :rapture: )!

Just checking in! Been kinda busy the past couple days, but I'm still doing everything correctly. :D Went swimming yesterday and had tons of fun. :P Too bad I can't get my boyfriend to come. Maybe when we actually live together we can go together or something to the gym.

:< Didn't go gym thing today. Ended up waking up way late (...went to bed at like 11am, woke up at 8pm. My times are fucked). Hoping to go tomorrow since I actually have  a bathing suit and stuff to do so. :D

STILL TRYING TO FIND DINNER FOR TODAY THOUGH, ugh. ;-; gotta go shopping.

SHOPPING! SHOPPING!

I love shopping! :D I actually used to hate it back in middle school and most of high school...but I guess after a bit I started to get into my more girly side :P I'm still not totally girly or anything but ...I can't help it. D: When I get into a store the instinct just COMES OUT and I want to go and look at everything.., and buy everything. But I can't do that. ;-:

SO, I made a list of stuff I can try and reward myself with every -10 lbs or something. I might bump it up to every 15 lbs but I'm not entirely sure yet. >_> I gotta find a way that motivates me. And I really want to make a motivation wall like PartyCannon has. Need to get new printer ink though! Ugh D:

Anyway, here's a few things I put down as rewards :P of course, subject to change. And I might have to juggle it around a bit since I may end up needing newer clothes a lot sooner at some points than others. So, yeah. 

220 - Firefly poster
210 - New pants + shirt
200 - new bra + panties
190 - Game of Thrones poster
180 - New pants + shirt
170 - New computer part
160 - New shirt + bra
150 - Random item online  
140 - New panties :D
130 - New outfit (full)

Breakfast:

-Nothing. >_> Slept.

Lunch:

-Also nothing. Slept.

Dinner: 

-2 hot dogs w/ mustard and relish = 534 calories

-1 small portobello mushroom cap w/pesto, parmesan and prosciutto = 316 calories 

-Water = 0

-8 oz cranberry juice = 130 calories

Total calories for the day: 980 calories

So, I was under calories needed for the day, but I also woke up hella late. :( I really need to get around to fixing my hours like I said earlier so that I can actually eat healthy meals throughout the day and not gorge calorie wise when it comes to dinner (even if I was under, its still a lot of calories for one meal). Supposed to have a friend of my boyfriend and myself come over on Thursday. Not really much to do out here but maybe we can find something that'll get us out of the house for a bit. :P I gotta make sure to go swimming too tomorrow, or work on the Zombie, Run! App. -_- I wish it wasn't so hot all the time though, so I can be more motivated to do this stuff without feeling like I'm dying from the heat. Ughhh.

You and I should change our location to somewhere colder, and less humidity!

I love that reward per-weight loss! Mind if I borrow it?

I hate shopping, specifically for clothes. But that was because I hated how I looked in them, and looking for a 3x X-large shirts in the men's section, along with 22 pants was always embarrassing. My mom didn't help either, she said I was being stubborn when I didn't want to wear the form fitting girl stuff she picked out, and that I was being a baby for crying in the changing room because I was upset at my reflection in the mirror. I still hate clothes shopping, but I will disappear in a game, or military shop even Hot Topic is my go-to place! Maybe once I lose weight my girly side will come out fully.

Of course you may borrow it! :D What ever helps to motivate you. I feel it makes for extra motivation seeing as how you can go buy some new stuff you've been wanting. And -10 lbs doesn't seem too hard to do at a time, so it isn't that hard of a goal either if you're really trying to lose the weight.

I still hate how I look in clothes and in the mirror :( I think I'm in a 20 or 22 pants. >_< And 1-2x for shirt. Depends on the styles of course. There was ONE shirt I got that was an XL at one point and it made me so happy. :3 I still want to get into some tinier pants though, so hopefully by the end of this challenge I'll be able to. 

I fully expect that if when I lose this weight, and am satisfied enough with my form, that a full girly mode will emerge. >_> I'll still stick to my nerdy roots, but damn if I won't go crazy on cute girly tops, skirts and one or two dresses.

Also, I can totally get a bunch of cute tops on ThinkGeek.com so hell yes. >:3 I already have a few things I want from that place!

Got to hang out with some friends about two nights ago and practice with my boffer sword for a bit. :P I was definitely sore the next day...and a little bit the day after. It was fun hanging out with them and my boyfriend and sword fighting in the middle of the street at night lol. Probably had a few people stare at us as they went by in cars, but who cares! :D It was tons of fun.

Haven't weighed myself lately. D: Got my period a bit ago and so I've been waiting for that so I can go swimming or something. Probably passing out early tonight otherwise more sword fighting! :P Perhaps tomorrow night. 

I know come Friday it's gonna be real hard to say no to leveling my character in FFXIV when it comes out :( But I should do something before I level it so I don't get off track.

UGHGHGH. But it'll be worth it!

Dat Firefly poster. Hnnggg,

oh and getting in shape too :3 yeah that's important! Got some ink for the printer sooo...>_> gotta find more stuff to post on my motivation wall because right now it's pretty blank.

Got to hang out with some friends about two nights ago and practice with my boffer sword for a bit. :tongue: I was definitely sore the next day...and a little bit the day after. It was fun hanging out with them and my boyfriend and sword fighting in the middle of the street at night lol. Probably had a few people stare at us as they went by in cars, but who cares! :D It was tons of fun.

Probably staring 'cause you guys looked like this:

anime-swords.gif

Sign in to follow this