I was that nerdy kid in high school that stayed 110lbs for no reason, regardless of how much he ate. And apparently thought his teenage metabolism would follow him wherever he went.

Three years later, I've gained 60 lbs and am looking pretty worse for wear. I stumbled upon nerd fitness a week ago, grokked paleo, and something inside me snapped. What am I doing? Am I okay with how I look and feel right now? 24 hours later I had thrown out my pantry and picked up the staples for a paleo diet.

I'm a computer programmer for a large company who sits around all day, and am too broke supporting myself to get a xfit subscription. Being a naturally solitary person, I've been collecting home gym ideas -- PVC dip rigs, parallettes, and am in the process of buying a weight set (in the meantime I use the "robber bar" for my apartment for overhead squats). 

Onto accountability... I've been logging most everything I do on http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Dwaylu3/?feed . You'll see it's very recently I went from the mentality of "If I do enough pushups and situps..." to "I need to get my ass in shape." 

Goals:

Stop looking like a stereotype of a computer programmer

Drop at least 20 lbs in 6 months

Get into a routine and mindset of a healthy person -- No more all night gaming sessions fueled by Monster and Doritos.