• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wolverine

The Assassins Want YOU

On 12/5/2017 at 12:23 PM, TacRunnersPK said:

I would love to be an assassin! I'm just wondering where the Assassin's subforum is?

On 12/5/2017 at 12:27 PM, Jonesy said:

And just for future reference, we get a new subforum each challenge (every 5-6weeks).  So just look for "current challenge" on the forum main page and we'll be under Assassins.

The last challenge is also viewable from the main page and all others are archived beneath that.

Just discovered this site and made an account today. I was referred by a friend, and he said he was in the Assassins guild. Do I need to wait until after I do my first challenge as a Rebel/noob before joining the Assassins guild, or can I join on the first day while I'm still learning and checking things out?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Just discovered this site and made an account today. I was referred by a friend, and he said he was in the Assassins guild. Do I need to wait until after I do my first challenge as a Rebel/noob before joining the Assassins guild, or can I join on the first day while I'm still learning and checking things out?

Yay, another Assassin :) 

Typically it is recommended that for your first challenge you do it in the 1st time challenge forum, but honestly, if you want to jump in directly with the Assassins, no one is going to get on you about it.  We are pretty easy-going that way 

Image result for more like guidelines than actual rules gif

The suggestion to do a challenge with the other first timers is to give you a chance to get to know some of the other new people and to help each other out and also to get guidance from the Guild Leader ( @Hazard ) who used to be one of our Assassin guild leaders before he took on that responsibility.

Anyway, just sign up wherever, we will be happy to help you out :) 

• Like 2

Welcome @IvySpice

Second everything @WhiteGhost said.

Personally I think it's more beneficial for new rebels to start with the level 1s. You learn how to create your challenges, you learn how to set your goals and @Hazardis an amazing Guild Leader.

• Like 2

Hello! I just joined the forums and have been part of the Academy for about 3 weeks or so. I've been rock climbing fairly regularly for about a year and have Ninja Warrior dreams, so I picked the Assassin class. How does this work on the forums? I see you mentioned the four-week challenge but what exactly is that and how does it work? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NinjaSteph said:

Hello! I just joined the forums and have been part of the Academy for about 3 weeks or so. I've been rock climbing fairly regularly for about a year and have Ninja Warrior dreams, so I picked the Assassin class. How does this work on the forums? I see you mentioned the four-week challenge but what exactly is that and how does it work? 

Welcome new assassin!

You make the forums what you want and if you have specific questions ask away! Do you want to have a continuing forum post for your fitness adventure, then create a Battle Log. Do you want to do a challenge? Then check out the Challenge Instructions and FAQ also please see WhiteGhost's quoted post below. :) Stop by and say hi to all our current Assassin at The Assassins Den

On 3/5/2018 at 8:22 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Typically it is recommended that for your first challenge you do it in the 1st time challenge forum, but honestly, if you want to jump in directly with the Assassins, no one is going to get on you about it.  We are pretty easy-going that way 

Image result for more like guidelines than actual rules gif

The suggestion to do a challenge with the other first timers is to give you a chance to get to know some of the other new people and to help each other out and also to get guidance from the Guild Leader ( @Hazard ) who used to be one of our Assassin guild leaders before he took on that responsibility.

Anyway, just sign up wherever, we will be happy to help you out :) 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NinjaSteph said:

@Jonesy made an excellent post explaining all the details, so I'll just say HIII and welcome to the assassins! Great to see other climbers! :D 

Hello! I joined the Academy a few years ago, but didn't do anything with it. I've got designs on completing a Spartan race (not 2018, but ideally 2019) and I thought Assassin was most suited. I've finished reading (listening to) Level Up Your Life, and really enjoyed it. This week I started a Couch to Sprint Spartan Training Plan and I switched to a mostly Keto diet a few weeks ago. I set my first Travel Quest to go to the Grand Canyon (I'm in Delaware) for my birthday in November. I've got plans to do some bouldering at the local rock gym next week with some friends and I'm looking at the local gym options that offer gymnastics or parkour classes for adults, if nothing else, I did find a more further away place that offers the equipment needed to practice for American Ninja Warrior, and I'll drive there. 

Looking forward to e-knowing many of you.

• Like 1

Welcome! If gymnastics, parkour and ANW are your thing, Assassins Guild is definitely the place for you.

With regard to the Spartan, what would yoy say is your biggest, uh... obstacle?  Is it the running, the climbing/grippy obstacles, the heavy/lifting ones or the burpees?

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

Welcome! If gymnastics, parkour and ANW are your thing, Assassins Guild is definitely the place for you.

With regard to the Spartan, what would yoy say is your biggest, uh... obstacle?  Is it the running, the climbing/grippy obstacles, the heavy/lifting ones or the burpees?

Right now, I'd say climbing/grippy obstacles. I don't have a lot of upper body strength to speak of *yet*. However, this is why I'm not planning for the 2018 race :)  I can probably get to a 5k before the end of 2018 with just the running, there are enough C25k programs available for that, but I don't want to just run. I want to do the other bits. 

Sounds like a good plan :)

Hoestly you would probably be able to complete it this year, but it would probably be a lot of burpees. However, when you can complete most of the obstacles it becomes much more enjoyable. Good luck with your prep and look forward to seeing you around the guild :)

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2013 at 11:09 PM, Wolverine said:

SO... I'M INTERESTED... NOW WHAT?

To join the Assassins, simply post your 4-week Nerd Fitness Challenge in the Assassin subforum. It's that easy!

Thank you again for your interest.  We look forward to welcoming you into our ranks!

Luddite here! How do I find the Assassin subforum?

4 hours ago, JessRed said:

Luddite here! How do I find the Assassin subforum?

Click here and it will take you directly there :)  

For others following along later (i.e. after this challenge ends) you can, from the top page, scroll down to the second to last section titled "4 Week Challenges" and under the "Current Challenge" subheading look for the link to the Assassins challenge folder.