• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wolverine

The Assassins Want YOU

Hello assassins guild

I've signed up to the current six week challenge.Am I right in thinking I can only join your guild once I've completed this quest?

After reading about all the guilds I want to join yours.I'm into pole dance,aerial hoop,silks and trapeze.I will

do any kind of training to make me better at these!

Thanks!

From what I can tell from the current challenge rules, that sounds right. But we'll be more than happy to have you in our ranks when the time comes! Silks and trapeze sound way fun, by the way! :)

I'll be joining the assassins in the next challenge! I'm very much still a beginner though. I still can't do a pushup, much less a pull-up, but I wanna get there. Plus everything about the assissins seems the most fun :)

I'll be joining the assassins in the next challenge! I'm very much still a beginner though. I still can't do a pushup, much less a pull-up, but I wanna get there. Plus everything about the assissins seems the most fun :)

Yo! This lady is pretty dedicated and you should count yourselves lucky to have her join your ranks!! Good luck Shelbs! Also, thanks in advance for taking care of one of our own Assassin's Guild!!

I'm still working on my first legit pull-up, as are several others. You will be in good company. Welcome to the guild! :)

Yea, another recruit! Looking forward to meeting you.  I couldn't do push ups or pull ups either when I joined the guild. DOn't worry we'll whip you into shape. 

I was two weeks and 1 day late to the challenge.  I signed up and made a thread anyway but it seems this novice cannot join this go around sadly.  I look forward to joining your ranks upon the next challenge if you'll have me ^_^

I was two weeks and 1 day late to the challenge.  I signed up and made a thread anyway but it seems this novice cannot join this go around sadly.  I look forward to joining your ranks upon the next challenge if you'll have me ^_^

Likewise! I'm thinking about doing this challenge for fun, too. We should team up!

Actually, the first time forum is here for that: give you a place to start your first challenge even if you arrive in the middle of a six week challenge. So, write your challenge, try to find some SMART goals, get used to the forums, visit the guilds, meet your future guildmates and support them and make friends :)

Find what you like and find what works for you, as newcomers that is your first and most important mission. I'll be keeping an eye on you! 

I went rock climbing for the first time yesterday and it just reconfirmed what I already knew: I'm an assassin at heart. Looking forward to joining the guild after the challenge. I even have a closetful of black!

i've asked this before in the guild but i want a second or third or 4th or 100th opinion. do you think pilates would be an "assassin thing" and no not yoga that's druid (love the druids :love-struck:) but kick ass body weight training with lots a reps pilates (pop pilates)

Hey all, it looks like I belong here, and I seem to fit the guild description! I'm ready to assassinate asses. That's what we're here for, right?

Starting with ours :D 

I went rock climbing for the first time yesterday and it just reconfirmed what I already knew: I'm an assassin at heart. Looking forward to joining the guild after the challenge. I even have a closetful of black!

Yay, another climber! I'll be waiting for you next challenge :)

i've asked this before in the guild but i want a second or third or 4th or 100th opinion. do you think pilates would be an "assassin thing" and no not yoga that's druid (love the druids :love-struck:) but kick ass body weight training with lots a reps pilates (pop pilates)

Well, I don't think there is a special philosophy behind the pilate so I would say that it's assassin-y yes. 

Newbie here, just joined NF. Finding the assassins' guild was the thing that made me join up in the first place. Climbing, acrobating, killing with flips of awesome? Sign me up. If any other newbies (or seasoned pros) concentrating on acrobatics wanna swap ideas for the next challenge, hit me up.

And for everyone else, just: Hi. I'm excited to be here. 

Newbie here, just joined NF. Finding the assassins' guild was the thing that made me join up in the first place. Climbing, acrobating, killing with flips of awesome? Sign me up. If any other newbies (or seasoned pros) concentrating on acrobatics wanna swap ideas for the next challenge, hit me up.

And for everyone else, just: Hi. I'm excited to be here. 

I love your photo! The assassination potential of NF is partly what pushed me to join too. Well, not killing per se - you know what I mean;) Acrobatics sounds like fun. Are you currently involved in some sort of acrobatics training?

I love your photo! The assassination potential of NF is partly what pushed me to join too. Well, not killing per se - you know what I mean;) Acrobatics sounds like fun. Are you currently involved in some sort of acrobatics training?

Thanks! Not yet involved in any classes; I'm currently living in a little ocean-front house that is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. There are no classes nearby and I haven't decided where I want to live next or how long I'm staying. Sooo, for now I'm going to design my first couple of challenges around using the internet's fine resources to start some acrobatic and parkour basics. 

If anyone knows of any online subscriptions for parkour or acrobatic instruction, please let me know. For yoga (which, let's be honest, is just stretching and acrobatics in the US and Europe) I know of Yogaglo, which I've done in the past, but most of the teachers are so woo-woo it gives me a headache.

For yoga (which, let's be honest, is just stretching and acrobatics in the US and Europe) I know of Yogaglo, which I've done in the past, but most of the teachers are so woo-woo it gives me a headache.

Wow - impressive that you'll pursue a training course on your own. Good luck!

I just checked out Yogaglo. What a great resource (but I completely understand what you mean about yoga teachers:)

Yogaglo totally rocks if yoga is your thing. In fact, one of my favorite teachers of all time does weekly classes: Kathryn Budig. She's funny and down-to-earth and a really helpful teacher. I'd never of figured out crow pose or headstands, or any other gravity defying pose without her. 

Yogaglo totally rocks if yoga is your thing. In fact, one of my favorite teachers of all time does weekly classes: Kathryn Budig. She's funny and down-to-earth and a really helpful teacher. I'd never of figured out crow pose or headstands, or any other gravity defying pose without her. 

Since I read your comment about YogaGlo, I've gone on a rampage searching for online training in other disciplines too. All I can say is wow, wow, wow! There's so much out there, it's incredible. I think I'm doomed;) Also, I love crow pose. After seeing it in a yoga book as a teenager, I convinced myself that I must and could do it. A few nose dives into the floor later, I was the envy of my yoga-practicing classmates. Amazing what you can learn without a physical teacher when you put your mind to it!

Have you tried the Tripod to crow pose to Tripod flow? It's pretty impressive to see and quite nice too when you manage to do it flawlessly (aka: not like me, my crow pose is still not perfect)

Have you tried the Tripod to crow pose to Tripod flow? It's pretty impressive to see and quite nice too when you manage to do it flawlessly (aka: not like me, my crow pose is still not perfect)

Never even heard of it. Will look it up, though.

Since I read your comment about YogaGlo, I've gone on a rampage searching for online training in other disciplines too. All I can say is wow, wow, wow! There's so much out there, it's incredible. I think I'm doomed;) Also, I love crow pose. After seeing it in a yoga book as a teenager, I convinced myself that I must and could do it. A few nose dives into the floor later, I was the envy of my yoga-practicing classmates. Amazing what you can learn without a physical teacher when you put your mind to it!

Awesomeness! I refer to the nose dives as face planting. It is what teaches you to learn to laugh at yourself as you learn :) And you should try the crow to headstand, very fun. To start out do the headstand against the wall