• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarefootDawsy

The Scouts Are Looking For A Few Good Adventurers

Greetings, Adventurer, and congratulations on finding the Scout Guild - we're not an easy bunch to catch.

Scouts are the bravest of all the classes. Our skills allow us to delve deep into enemy territory and return alive. Our speed and endurance are unmatched, on road, on wheels or in the water. When we're not racing across the countryside, we can be found discussing strategy and sharing battle stories with our comrades in the Running, Swimming, Biking, Walking, Hiking Forums

Many will tell you that brute strength is the most desirable trait, but where will strength get you without stamina? Even the mightiest Warrior will be defeated after a prolonged battle, whereas a fleet-footed Scout can evade attackers with ease and strike when the time is best.

What truly sets us apart, however is our epic, ongoing battle with the one demon that is the most powerful and hardest to vanquish of all:

Ourselves.

To the uninitiated, running, swimming and riding may seem like simple pursuits, but don't be fooled! There is more to them than meets the eye. 

Our focus is on learning how to make the incremental improvements necessary to maximize our speed and endurance. We can teach you how to run correctly (there is a right way), swim better (it is possible), and ride more efficiently (it shall be done).

We train, race, and celebrate our victories together as part of one whole. NScout is left behind.

Do you have what it takes to challenge yourself and test your physical limits?

Do you want to run, bike or swim?

Do you want to get faster, leaner, and learn to endure for longer periods than you ever thought possible?

If the answer is a resounding YES!, then come and join us, and never look back...Scout.

So, you want to join the Scouts, huh? All you need to do is register for the next Six Week Challenge and select your guild on the sign-up form!

• Like 9

Yes scout commander.

I am one of the perpetual newbies of the 2012 sign up who wants to ride faster and longer with an upcoming adventure that is looming at the end of the next challenge.

Time to step up from adventurers guild and spend time where the knowledge is.

• Like 1

Yes scout commander.

I am one of the perpetual newbies of the 2012 sign up who wants to ride faster and longer with an upcoming adventure that is looming at the end of the next challenge.

Time to step up from adventurers guild and spend time where the knowledge is.

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing what you can do!

• Like 1

I *think* ... *big think*... I'm some kind of Assassin / Scout hybrid. I was convinced until 10 minutes ago I'd spend my second challenge again in the adventurers. I even signed up to be an adventurer in the next challenge! I love running but I'm a bit crummy at it (still on my couch to 5k program!) If I'm unsure if I should move on, does that mean I'm not ready to?

• Like 3

I *think* ... *big think*... I'm some kind of Assassin / Scout hybrid. I was convinced until 10 minutes ago I'd spend my second challenge again in the adventurers. I even signed up to be an adventurer in the next challenge! I love running but I'm a bit crummy at it (still on my couch to 5k program!) If I'm unsure if I should move on, does that mean I'm not ready to?

That's a very good question, Nephaisys, and one that we get asked a lot. I think the best way to answer is that you should look at your goals, see where they mostly lie, and make your decision from there. If you're focusing predominantly on running, or you want extra help specifically with running (or swimming//walking, biking, of course), then go ahead and sign up with the Scouts for the next challenge. 

Don't forget, you can swap between different guilds as see which one you prefer. A lot of people here have done challenges in 2 or more guilds.

Oh, and most of us here have been crummy at running at some point or other, and heaps of us did the C25K to get started, so even if you're a 'bit crummy' at it now, stick with it and you'll surprise yourself!

• Like 1

Another adventurer making the journey to the Scout side here.

I am definitely no runner, I'm a snail but I keep on keeping on. At the moment I'm training for the 9 km Sydney Bridge run in September (currently at less than 5k) so I'm going to spend the next challenge with the Scouts to see if I can't learn a thing or two.

Remember, It's all about where you are going to, rather than where you are now. if know you want to be a Scout, this is your place, even if you feel there is still a long way to go.

• Like 2

I haven't done a challenge in a while but it seems like this is the guild to join if my main quest is to run full marathon. Moving from Adventurer's guild.

Hello all! I'm new to NF, but not new to running.  I'm excited to join up here, take on some challenges, and help bolster the ranks of the Scouts Guild!  I also look forward to helping others with their running with training tips and motivation!  Huzzah for the Rebellion! Huzzah for the Scouts!  :loyal:

What's up Scouts!

German's post spoke to me: "Remember, It's all about where you are going to, rather than where you are now. if know you want to be a Scout, this is your place, even if you feel there is still a long way to go."

Although I begin from level 0, I know scouts is the place I want to be. Biking is my thing, even if I havent done it in ages. I'm slowly getting back into it, and hope to 1 day be back to the shape I was in when I went on my 1000km cycling trip.

Started my first 6 week challenge (Click here to visit), heres to hoping it will be enough to join the ranks of you elite(in a good way) scout people ;)

I just joined the forum tonight, but I've been trying to start out training and the like last week.  I probably should post elsewhere first, but I've thought of myself as a Scout since I've read Steve's list of classes.  Would it be alright for this newbie to join the guild?

I just joined the forum tonight, but I've been trying to start out training and the like last week.  I probably should post elsewhere first, but I've thought of myself as a Scout since I've read Steve's list of classes.  Would it be alright for this newbie to join the guild?

Hi Shan,

Since it's your first challenge, you're really best to join up via the Level 1 Rebels forum. This will help you get used to the format, set up your stats, etc. 

It doesn't, however, stop you from asking questions/participating in the Running forum, or chatting with Scouts on their challenge topics.

Don't worry, we'll hold a place open for you for the next challenge!

Hi all,

I'm new to NF but I am pretty sure Scouts is where I belong.  For years I've been jealous of my friends who run.  I have always had bad knee issues with running; I think my body's just not made for it.  Earlier this year, I discovered biking, and I'm just loving the heck out of it.  I'm up to over 100 miles a week, and training to do a century.  

I also love to hike; next year after I finish my PhD in the spring (hopefully.....), I'll have a whole bunch more free time on my hands.  I would like to celebrate that by taking a long backpacking trek of some kind, probably sometime in the fall.

I also love to swim; it was the only sport I did competitively as a kid.  I don't have such easy access to a pool, though, and since I limited fitness time, I usually only end up swimming when I'm on vacation.  Which isn't very often these days.  But soon.... soon......

Anyway, can I be a scout?  I think what makes me a scout is that distance and endurance goals always felt best to my body and right for my mind.  I love to be outside, and really detest the hamster-wheel feeling of the gym.  I would much rather be out under the blue sky, in the forest or the ocean, on a road, in a city, doesn't matter as long as I'm OUT THERE.  

I'm new to NF and don't really know how it works yet, so I'm looking forward to figuring it all out!

Hi Codge,

Sounds like you'll fit in really well too! Your best place to start is the level 1 forum (see my previous post above). Once you've done a challenge and get the ins and outs if it all, then come and do your following one with the Scouts. Great to have you. Feel free to post any running/biking/hiking questions you may have in the endurance sports forum!

Me again! Have another daft question. I'm a bit of an endurance walker / hiker, could I still be a scout? I get that it's about self propelled movement forward but you don't mention walking. No probs either way - just curious!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Me again! Have another daft question. I'm a bit of an endurance walker / hiker, could I still be a scout? I get that it's about self propelled movement forward but you don't mention walking. No probs either way - just curious!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I'd say absolutely yes!

Should I feel bad you completely ignored my post? or should I just understand the message that you don't want me in you ranks?

:neglected::(

I feel so left out ;)

Ahhh! So sorry! I don't know how we missed that! We're always looking for more bikers...there are still relatively few in the Scouts, but it's one group that seems to be getting stronger each week.

Looking forward to seeing how your first challenge wraps up....and to seeing your next challenge posted as a Scout!