• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarefootDawsy

The Scouts Are Looking For A Few Good Adventurers

Ahhh! So sorry! I don't know how we missed that! We're always looking for more bikers...there are still relatively few in the Scouts, but it's one group that seems to be getting stronger each week. Looking forward to seeing how your first challenge wraps up....and to seeing your next challenge posted as a Scout!

haha thats what I figured. No worries  :peaceful:   Looking forward to getting the official Scout stamp! Hoping to finish my first challenge strong and start a new one as part of this fine group!

Ahhh! So sorry! I don't know how we missed that! We're always looking for more bikers...there are still relatively few in the Scouts, but it's one group that seems to be getting stronger each week. Looking forward to seeing how your first challenge wraps up....and to seeing your next challenge posted as a Scout!

haha thats what I figured. No worries  :peaceful:   Looking forward to getting the official Scout stamp! Hoping to finish my first challenge strong and start a new one as part of this fine group!

Can't wait!

Hello Dawsy and all.  I am new here, but I'm thinking I will be a Scout/Druid hybrid.  I have been rowing more than running recently, but have always dreamt of running a marathon so I'm thinking I'll ease into running again.  I'm excited to sign up for the next challenge, which will be in the first timers class, but I'm looking forward to becoming an apprentice Scout!  I may not be fast (yet), but my endurance is great -- I can walk all day.

pip, pip for the Scouts!

Hello Dawsy and all.  I am new here, but I'm thinking I will be a Scout/Druid hybrid.  I have been rowing more than running recently, but have always dreamt of running a marathon so I'm thinking I'll ease into running again.  I'm excited to sign up for the next challenge, which will be in the first timers class, but I'm looking forward to becoming an apprentice Scout!  I may not be fast (yet), but my endurance is great -- I can walk all day.

pip, pip for the Scouts!

That's a great goal! Looking forward to seeing how the transition goes :D 

I had considered myself to be heading towards rangerhood, but as my 100km bike ride falls into the last week of the next challenge I wonder whether I should be hanging with the scouts next challenge?

Tell you what puts me off... Every time I read a description and it talks about covering distances quickly. I am built for distance not speed. I can swim and ride and walk for hours, just not quickly. I suppose I could look at it as a measurable goal to get quicker over certain distances rather than as a requirement for joining right?

I had considered myself to be heading towards rangerhood, but as my 100km bike ride falls into the last week of the next challenge I wonder whether I should be hanging with the scouts next challenge?

Tell you what puts me off... Every time I read a description and it talks about covering distances quickly. I am built for distance not speed. I can swim and ride and walk for hours, just not quickly. I suppose I could look at it as a measurable goal to get quicker over certain distances rather than as a requirement for joining right?

Well you're out scouting me WCG!!!

You could do that, or you can embrace your inner distance mover, and keep going long and slow. There's nothing at all wrong with long, slow distance. In fact, in many ways it's harder that speed, and certainly fewer people do it.

There's room for all types in the Scouts, so if you want to join up, we'd love to have you!

Hi, i just registrated.
Wondering if i could be a scout. I'm not really a good runner, at least on terms of covering distances quickly, but i have a decent resistance for long distances. Also, i practice historical fencing (it's a little different from sports fencing), but because of having to face people with more mass than me (i only weight 58 kg/127.6 lbs), i think that building speed isn't a bad idea... specially when they are trying to take you down.
So, that's it. Sorry if my english is weird or stuff, since i speak spanish. Also, i'm new on this forum and don't know how it works. What are the challenges?

Hiya carfonu,

The Scouts aren't all about speed...there's plenty of merit in long, slow distances, and as far as I know, we haven't got any fencers yet! The best way to proceed is to try out a challenge as part of the Level 1 Rebels forum. This will help you get familiar with the format, etc, and get a feel for how it all works.

Once you've done your first challenge, you're welcome to sign up as a Scout for the following challenge. 

We'd love to have you, and are looking forward to seeing how you go in your first challenge!

Hello, scouts! Newbie member to the site here.

My name is Jannit and I'd "like" to be a runner. I state it that way because although I loathe running with an all consuming passion, I'm committed to getting better at it. There are these rumors about a runner's high that I've heard yet haven't found no matter how far or fast I run! :( Currently, I'm training for my first 10km run in a month's time, I think this activity is the one that I need the most work in.

Historically, I'd put myself in the monk or warrior guild but I think this could be a good change for me if you all would let me join! Look forward to talking to all of you more in the future.

Hello, scouts! Newbie member to the site here.

My name is Jannit and I'd "like" to be a runner. I state it that way because although I loathe running with an all consuming passion, I'm committed to getting better at it. There are these rumors about a runner's high that I've heard yet haven't found no matter how far or fast I run! :( Currently, I'm training for my first 10km run in a month's time, I think this activity is the one that I need the most work in.

Historically, I'd put myself in the monk or warrior guild but I think this could be a good change for me if you all would let me join! Look forward to talking to all of you more in the future.

Sounds like you're in the spot that most runners start at. If it's any comfort, I was I'm exactly your position a couple years ago, and can confirm that it does get easier.

There are heaps of tips and tricks for becoming a better runner in the Endurance and scouts forums, so feel free to have a scour.

Of course, if you have any questions, fell free to post them.

Looking forward to seeing you do your first Scout challenge in the future!

Good luck on the 10k!

Greatings Scout Masters,

I am a newbie looking to train hard to join the scout ranks. I am a highly motivated and strong willed short course triathlete among other things. Let me know the challenges ahead and i will give it my all.

I look foward to greatness with this community.

Morning! Or whatever time it is in your part of the world.
I've just touched down and I'm looking for that elusive path to self improvement.
I'm quite into Xcountry cycling (though I've got a long way to go) and sometimes force myself to go full auto-bot and change my wheels for feet.
I'd like to sign on with people I feel can help me hit my goals, and this looks like the place to be.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Helloooo scouts! 

After thinking for a good portion of the last challenge and especially the few days since it's over, I've almost made the decision to leave the assassins and join the scouts for this challenge! 

My goals will be very much walking/running-related, because I've really let that drag during my last challenge and really want to finally be able to run 5k! Because running makes me happy, it's just that step out of the door that I still need my behind kicked for. 

All that being said - there's one thing I simply have to know before I can join you! Are you guys as mad, crazy and awesome as the assassins? :D

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.
The Cat: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
Alice: How do you know I'm mad?
The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.
Alice: And how do you know that you're mad?
The Cat: To begin with, a dog's not mad. You grant that?
Alice: I suppose so,
The Cat: Well, then, you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad.

Hi, I am new to this site and am waiting for the next challenge to begin.  I am definitely a orc scout (though I might multiclass to monk if I ever get down from orc).  I am a triathlete working my way up to ironman status.  Recently had an injury and medical that has set me back some.  I know the methods and mindset to get my muscles into shape, but I need help with the nutrition mentality (I like food).  If I could lose 20lbs or so I might be more of a (tall) elf!

Hi, I am new to this site and am waiting for the next challenge to begin.  I am definitely a orc scout (though I might multiclass to monk if I ever get down from orc).  I am a triathlete working my way up to ironman status.  Recently had an injury and medical that has set me back some.  I know the methods and mindset to get my muscles into shape, but I need help with the nutrition mentality (I like food).  If I could lose 20lbs or so I might be more of a (tall) elf!

An Orc, eh? Well there's been a few of you lot in the Scouts over the years, so I'm sure you'll feel right at home! There's also a lot of great info about better eating on here, so be sure to have a poke around and don't be afraid to ask questions. Glad to have you!

An Orc, eh? Well there's been a few of you lot in the Scouts over the years, so I'm sure you'll feel right at home! There's also a lot of great info about better eating on here, so be sure to have a poke around and don't be afraid to ask questions. Glad to have you!

Thanks, but it isn't a lack of information that is sabotaging my diet...