• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarefootDawsy

The Scouts Are Looking For A Few Good Adventurers

Hi scouts!

Added in this just ended one, I did already five challenges with the druids. I now feel the urge to run around a little on the plains together with you, for in this challenge I realized that I'm a Running Druid and I have to come out of my head for a while, at least this Spring/Summer.

I started running - I'd better say jogging - more than 15 years ago and never quitted it completely, though I had many breaks in between. I never ran very dedicated, but I'm still able to run 5K in about 30 min. I also like swimming but have not so much fun in cycling, although I finished a short public triathlon (400m/10K/5K) some 10 years ago.

So if you would be so kind to take me along for the next challenge, I would be very grateful.

Greets M.

Thanks, BarefootDawsy for your welcome!

Not sure if it will help you come out if your head (I do my best thinking during runs),

I heard about that. But 'til now I have to struggle with my breath so much during running that my brain is almost switched off. XD.

But I hope I can get over this during the next challenge.

Heh you'll be surprised :) I used to get out of breath after 20 seconds or so of running. The trick to getting through it is taking lots of small steps, go nice and slow, and work on adding distance each time you run. By the time you can get through a couple miles per run, you'll be breathing bloke a pro ;)

Hi all, I'm Jules and I'm on my Level 1 Challenge. A couple of Scouts dropped by to wish me good luck and to tell me that, based on my goals, I'd be suited to the Scout guild (do I get badges? oh, how original!!!). I expect my next challenge (or 2 depending on weather) will also suit the Scout guild so I'll see you more then.

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

• Like 3

I think my profile is "flagged" with the Ranger icon (or so it looks). Any way I can change this?

Edit: Found it, changed it.

Edited by jrickards

I think my profile is "flagged" with the Ranger icon (or so it looks). Any way I can change this?

Edit: Found it, changed it.

Just succumb to the pull of the rangers.... yesssss....

Hello everyone! I'm planning to be a Scout after I've done my first challenge. I just signed up for the site yesterday. However, I would love to become a marathon runner and do better come spring time for ROTC, since I have to be able to run two miles in 17 minutes or less.

*waves!*

Afternoon.  Another neophyte here with the question of 'Am I in the right place?'

I'm new to the site and found that something I was looking into really isn't viable where I live; so had to shift goals a little. That said, I was in the reserves back in the day and used to love the times going through the woods, and have found that I do have a lot trails and countryside around me to explore.  I'm not a runner - though I wouldn't turn my nose up at getting into distance running at some point - but I am looking at putting some ground under my feet.  Also, to be upfront, my challenges would likely include maintaining and progressing on other, mostly bodyweight, exercises. 

Does this fit in with the goals of the guild?

I'm the same, but I choose scout!

I *think* ... *big think*... I'm some kind of Assassin / Scout hybrid. I was convinced until 10 minutes ago I'd spend my second challenge again in the adventurers. I even signed up to be an adventurer in the next challenge! I love running but I'm a bit crummy at it (still on my couch to 5k program!) If I'm unsure if I should move on, does that mean I'm not ready to?

Hello everybody!

I just completed my first 6 week challenge, and I thought that joining in would be nice.

With all my running, bikeing, swimming and some fencing I think you are the best bunch to join

Looking forward to some fun microchallenges!

Come and say hi, here, at my battle log or on one of my challenges :)

• Like 2

Hello everybody!

I just completed my first 6 week challenge, and I thought that joining in would be nice.

With all my running, bikeing, swimming and some fencing I think you are the best bunch to join

Looking forward to some fun microchallenges!

Come and say hi, here, at my battle log or on one of my challenges :)

Looking great! Nice to see a fellow runner/fencer :) you'll make a great Scout, I'm sure!

Hi.  I'm pretty sure this is me.  An adventurer.  I'm trying to find my feet (literally, since I'm so fat I can't see them).  Haha!  I am a big gal, and am hoping to lose weight and find those little piggies, they haven't gone to market or hollared 'wee" all the way home in a long time.  I'm a hopeless case.  I wasn't even cool enough to hang out with the nerds in high school, so I'm hoping the nerds here are more accepting of this misfit.  I need all the buddies I can get!  Alright, I'd best zip my lips now, since I am not really sure what to say, and I'm brand new to forums in general and this is my first post and it's not supposed to be so long, I'm sure.  Anyways.  Here I am, world!  

• Like 1

Hi.  I'm pretty sure this is me.  An adventurer.  I'm trying to find my feet (literally, since I'm so fat I can't see them).  Haha!  I am a big gal, and am hoping to lose weight and find those little piggies, they haven't gone to market or hollared 'wee" all the way home in a long time.  I'm a hopeless case.  I wasn't even cool enough to hang out with the nerds in high school, so I'm hoping the nerds here are more accepting of this misfit.  I need all the buddies I can get!  Alright, I'd best zip my lips now, since I am not really sure what to say, and I'm brand new to forums in general and this is my first post and it's not supposed to be so long, I'm sure.  Anyways.  Here I am, world!  

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you'll fit right it :) Be sure to check out the Scouts forum threads..there's a heap of great advice in there. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine!

You'll fit in just fine, I assure you. We're not cool, we're nerds! Okay, possibly cool nerds, but we don't judge each other or put up with any hate. So welcome, check out the threads and see what calls to you. PM me anytime, if you like. Cheers!

Hi. I'm pretty sure this is me. An adventurer. I'm trying to find my feet (literally, since I'm so fat I can't see them). Haha! I am a big gal, and am hoping to lose weight and find those little piggies, they haven't gone to market or hollared 'wee" all the way home in a long time. I'm a hopeless case. I wasn't even cool enough to hang out with the nerds in high school, so I'm hoping the nerds here are more accepting of this misfit. I need all the buddies I can get! Alright, I'd best zip my lips now, since I am not really sure what to say, and I'm brand new to forums in general and this is my first post and it's not supposed to be so long, I'm sure. Anyways. Here I am, world!

Hey! I love long posts! (And my mums cooking but that's not the point)

WELCOME TO DA SCOUTS, YO! *hugsies* you'll fit in jusssssst finnnee! Start by posting your challenge here? Your healt related goals, life goals, motivations plus your story goes there~ We'll be with you every step of the way (except when I am in the bathroom or when I am sleeping. CUS. That's. Just. Weird)

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Hey! I love long posts! (And my mums cooking but that's not the point)

WELCOME TO DA SCOUTS, YO! *hugsies* you'll fit in jusssssst finnnee! Start by posting your challenge here? Your healt related goals, life goals, motivations plus your story goes there~ We'll be with you every step of the way (except when I am in the bathroom or when I am sleeping. CUS. That's. Just. Weird)

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Where do we post the challenge?  You said "here" but where's here?  Here here?  ;-)  And where's there?  Health related goals, life goals, motivations and story go there, but I don't know where threre is!

Wow, I feel like a Seuss book!  Anyone have green eggs and ham?  Is that even healthy?  Haha!  I can tell I'm gonna have fun here!  And there.  And everywhere.  Just point me in the right direction, seriously, so I can post the above.  Doh!

Where do we post the challenge?  You said "here" but where's here?  Here here?  ;-)  And where's there?  Health related goals, life goals, motivations and story go there, but I don't know where threre is!

Wow, I feel like a Seuss book!  Anyone have green eggs and ham?  Is that even healthy?  Haha!  I can tell I'm gonna have fun here!  And there.  And everywhere.  Just point me in the right direction, seriously, so I can post the above.  Doh!

Hey jle819,

As soon as you sign up for the challenge, you can get started. Have you done that part yet? If so, ignore this next part and jump to the next paragraph. So, to sign up, click on the '6 week challenge' tab up top. Then choose 'sign up sheet' and fill out the form. You'll start in the Level 1 guild. Hit submit and it will tell you that you have signed up. Yay!

Go to the Level 1 Rebel thread and click on Start New Topic on the right hand side. Be sure to put your profile name in the title so we can find you easily. If you have any difficulties getting your challenge written up, you can click on the articles at the top of the page or PM Blaidd, the Guild Leader for Level 1 Rebels. SHe'll point you in a great direction. When you submit your new topic, make sure to follow it (top right of page) so you know when folks respond to your thread. And of course, you can follow anything else too.

Have a blast, and best of luck leveling up your life.

Cheers!

• Like 1

I've begun! :-) I posted my first challenge on the Lvl 1 Rebel Board thingy. I am wondering how everyone has those nifty progress bars!

HI! CONGRATULATIONS ON POSTING IT "there" ;L

Progress bars? Yoinks~ good question. Not really know about that. (I am not a progress bar person, so)

I've begun! :-) I posted my first challenge on the Lvl 1 Rebel Board thingy. I am wondering how everyone has those nifty progress bars!

I believe Blaidd is talking about that kind if stuff in the Week2 mini thread.

Quickly though

Write the title of your bar regularly

Next line down click on the mini progress bar in the toolbar above - bottom row centerish.

In the first window put in a color you want

Next window put in the percentage out of 100 that you are at with your goal. Presto!

I'll be back online later if this isn't clear enough.

Congrats on your challenge.

Hello! I'm brand new to this site and I think this is the best place for me to start! I'm a college student trying to avoid imminent weight gain and hoping to develop healthy habits. I've been running cross country for awhile now but after not doing so for a couple of years and then running sporadically for about a year, I'm ready to get into a real routine. 

I'm a petite lady and I need to lose 15 pounds in order to be at an average weight for my build. So far the weight is being really stubborn and I've plateaued at my current weight of 130. I've been vegetarian for three years, but I'm considering going vegan because I eat WAY too much cheese!

I've been running for three months now, about five days a week, for 3-5 miles. I'm stuck at a slow pace of 10 min/mile and I'd love to consistently run an 8 min/mile. I'd love some advice on how to increase my pace. I've heard interval training works, but I'm not sure of any other methods. 

My ultimate goal is to race in a marathon. I've read that a number of you have the same goal and I definitely need the support and accountability. 

Anyway, hopefully I'm in the right place - if you have any advice on what I should do next, please let me know! 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello! I'm brand new to this site and I think this is the best place for me to start! I'm a college student trying to avoid imminent weight gain and hoping to develop healthy habits. I've been running cross country for awhile now but after not doing so for a couple of years and then running sporadically for about a year, I'm ready to get into a real routine.

I'm a petite lady and I need to lose 15 pounds in order to be at an average weight for my build. So far the weight is being really stubborn and I've plateaued at my current weight of 130. I've been vegetarian for three years, but I'm considering going vegan because I eat WAY too much cheese!

I've been running for three months now, about five days a week, for 3-5 miles. I'm stuck at a slow pace of 10 min/mile and I'd love to consistently run an 8 min/mile. I'd love some advice on how to increase my pace. I've heard interval training works, but I'm not sure of any other methods.

My ultimate goal is to race in a marathon. I've read that a number of you have the same goal and I definitely need the support and accountability.

Anyway, hopefully I'm in the right place - if you have any advice on what I should do next, please let me know!

Thanks!

Hi and Welcome!

You are definitely in a good place here.

Not sure how much you've checked out on the site yet, but we are finishing up a 6 week challenge on Sunday and then starting a new one shortly after that - usually a week off between challenges.

Does a 6 week challenge seem interesting? You can meander over to the challenge threads and peek in and say ho on the Scout Tavern page. Also, if you haven't already, introduce yourself on the Rebel Introduction thread too.

So happy you're here!

• Like 1