• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CalvinHobbes

Thinking about joining the Rangers?! We'd love to have you!

Mainly karate and jujitsu, dabbled in aikido many years ago until I got hurt, and never got around to going back to it. One day I'd like to, I've also wanted to learn sai and bo, and like you, I still identify as a martial artist even after all this time, but I just don't have the time/commitment to devote to it right now. Aerial, I take classes at an aerial studio, they are around, at least in SoCal they are. I wish I had that kind of setup at home, that would be awesome!!! Dreams :-)

Hey Guys! i'd like to join the Rangers Guild!!

I'm a newbie here, and I'm trying to add some strength training to my day. I already do kickboxing during the week, but I want to focus more on becoming stronger.

So the Rangers sound like a goof place for me to fit in, endurance and strength :D!

Is there anything we need to subscribe to to let us know when challenges come up, or should I just check back regularly?

I can haz ranger cloak?

I've dipped in out of the NF forums for years (I had a different login at the start that I've now forgotten) and I'm terrible at consistency. So you really want me in your guild, right? :tongue:

I thought about joining the druids because I'm veggie and a bit of a nature spirit, but there's this other side of me that's screaming to be let out, the Ultimate Badass side that wants to be a space marine. Working out should be a lot more fun in sci-fi imagination land. I realised this last night on the treadmill, pushing myself to run for a full 10 mins by picturing explosions, grabby monsters and people screaming "RUUUNNN!"

I have many goals. I have flab to lose, and stamina, strength, and flexibility to gain. I started 3 weeks ago. I don't want to stop.

I assume you've tried Zombies Run. Cause that's post-apocalyptic running in a literal sense.

Hi, I'm very new and ranger sounds like a good fit for me because I want to focus on kettlebells for strength and parkour for agility. I looked at Scout, but they felt more focused on running and more TF2 scout than what I'm interested in.

I'm going to give this new challenge my best shot. 

Hello Rangers! I am looking forward to training with you all!

I have started my first challenge on the Ranger path.

I like the Ranger combination of strength, dexterity, and endurance - very powerful combo.

I have a question though - what do you all recommend for improving dexterity & agility?

I'm in.  Enough is enough!  I'm 43, 6'3" and currently 273 lbs!  I recently had to buy a new suit to attend a work function because the suit I bought 2 years ago wasn't even close to fitting.  Every year, I go the gym consistently for about 3 months while never changing my diet and still drinking the beer that I love. LOVE!  My strength and stamina always go up, but I always end missing too many consecutive days of training and fall back into a slovenly lifestyle.

Right now, I am drinking some beers while watching my Bears dismantle the Steelers, and then I am done with beer for the next 6 weeks.  Long enough to allow some change to happen.  Who knows, maybe this will be my last beer.  I am diving into the paleo diet and working towards my fitness goals:

Pull-ups.  I haven't been able to do pull ups since my Navy days.  I want that back.

Benching my body weight. After going to the gym for a month or so, I can squeak out 1 rep of ~ 200.  I want to be able to pound out multiple reps of my body weight, be it 220, 230 or whatever.

Running. I want to be a runner.  I want to go out and run for half an hour without my knees feeling hand grenades are exploding in my legs.

There you have it. I'll see you in the morning.

I'm in.  Enough is enough!  I'm 43, 6'3" and currently 273 lbs!  I recently had to buy a new suit to attend a work function because the suit I bought 2 years ago wasn't even close to fitting.  Every year, I go the gym consistently for about 3 months while never changing my diet and still drinking the beer that I love. LOVE!  My strength and stamina always go up, but I always end missing too many consecutive days of training and fall back into a slovenly lifestyle.

Right now, I am drinking some beers while watching my Bears dismantle the Steelers, and then I am done with beer for the next 6 weeks.  Long enough to allow some change to happen.  Who knows, maybe this will be my last beer.  I am diving into the paleo diet and working towards my fitness goals:

Pull-ups.  I haven't been able to do pull ups since my Navy days.  I want that back.

Benching my body weight. After going to the gym for a month or so, I can squeak out 1 rep of ~ 200.  I want to be able to pound out multiple reps of my body weight, be it 220, 230 or whatever.

Running. I want to be a runner.  I want to go out and run for half an hour without my knees feeling hand grenades are exploding in my legs.

There you have it. I'll see you in the morning.

Beer tends to be my weakness as well as brewing is my hobby. But other than that your desire to go with a paleo diet is commendable. Primal for myself about 75% of the time.

I promised myself that after completing the Spartan Sprint yesterday that I would upgrade my guild to ranger, but never expected the training and the actual competition to be so much fun.  I plan on increasing strength, speed, and endurance so I can continue to compete and become a better ranger.

• Like 1

Utter newbie here! On reading up about the guilds, it seems Ranger is the best fit for what I'm after goals wise at the moment. That may well change, but this is where I see myself slotting in. So yeah... Hi!

• Like 1

I think this is where I belong, too. I am a variety nut - I play competitive sports (floor hockey), I run, I train both in bodyweight stuff and occasionally with weights & resistance. I'm a Spartan Trifecta finisher, and my goals are to be stronger, faster, and generally more badass for next year's season. I really want to beat my times, and be able to do the upper-body-dependent obstacles without assistance or burpees.

Reading through everything, I think Ranger is the guild for me. Cycling, snowboarding, hiking and strength trainging are where my intrests are so this place feels very homey!

After much thought I was originally going to be a warrior as I wanted to be strong. However I would like to do spartan races and complete a marathon, whilst still been as strong as possible. So now I will join the ranks of the rangers.

Definitly joining the ranks of the Rangers i am all over the place i love everything from crossfit, powerlifiting, GORUCK events, to long distance multi day backpacking trips, to Spartan Races.  

Looking forward to being a Ranger with all of you....plus its my favorite Pathfinder Class

Hello all!

I'm a 5'8" female geospatial analyst/jack of all trades who is seriously lacking functional strength and endurance.  I'm a jack of all trades by profession, so a jack of all trades guild appeals to me.  I love a solid mix of endurance and strength, and I like to switch things up on a regular basis while still working toward my goals.  I'm a sucker for TRX and interval training for cardio, and I am loving this fall weather for hiking.  I get bored easily, so flexibility and short term goals are key.  I can't wait to see what the challenge brings, and looking forward to joining the Rangers!

The Ranger life is the life for me.  I do crossfit, but have put together a home gym to conduct the training as I am a broke nerd.  I am very into the bodyweight movement.  God knows I have enough of that to be my own gym.  I love me a little spin...so much so that I downloaded a bunch of house music in an attempt to replicat it at home.  I am a fun loving guy who loves the sense of community that crossfit offers...I love you guys!!!

• Like 1

How exactly do we become a ranger? Do we have to enter one of the posted chalkenges???

I've read through the guilds and this is the one for me!

I would love some info on exactly how I join!!

• Like 1