• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CalvinHobbes

Thinking about joining the Rangers?! We'd love to have you!

Hey team! I'd love to join The Rangers! I am new around these parts so I'm unsure how to go about it all. Any and all help would be appreciated! 

A little information about me; I'm 179cm tall and weight 86 kilos. My preferred exercise is F45 Training (functional HIIT) and traditional gym strength training. I've been training for the past two years pretty much every day. I've also run quite a few 10km races with my best time being 5'03". 

As as I said in my introduction post I was 142.7kg in 2014 so I am no stranger to pushing myself like I am certain most of us all are!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ryanfernance said:

Hey team! I'd love to join The Rangers! I am new around these parts so I'm unsure how to go about it all. Any and all help would be appreciated! 

A little information about me; I'm 179cm tall and weight 86 kilos. My preferred exercise is F45 Training (functional HIIT) and traditional gym strength training. I've been training for the past two years pretty much every day. I've also run quite a few 10km races with my best time being 5'03". 

As as I said in my introduction post I was 142.7kg in 2014 so I am no stranger to pushing myself like I am certain most of us all are!

Welcome to the Rebellion and to the Rangers. Come hang out in the Ranger Section of the current challenge, maybe even set up a challenge thread for yourself, we are only starting the second week of the current one. With all of your fitness interests you certainly sound like a Ranger to me.

• Like 1

I'm new to the rebellion, though I've had an on again off again relationship with exercise for years. I enjoy cycling, horse riding and running, but it's also important to me to be strong to prevent injury and be able to do anything I want to, so I incorporate body weight exercise into my routine and will probably add some weights soon...I'm not sure if I belong in the Rangers or in the Scouts? 

• Like 3

I'm new to the rebellion, though I've had an on again off again relationship with exercise for years. I enjoy cycling, horse riding and running, but it's also important to me to be strong to prevent injury and be able to do anything I want to, so I incorporate body weight exercise into my routine and will probably add some weights soon...I'm not sure if I belong in the Rangers or in the Scouts? 

Biking, riding, running, BW, and weights? You sound like a Ranger to me. Welcome.

• Like 3

Hello! I'm new to NF, still a new Rebel but I want to become a Ranger! I have small bits of exposure to weightlifting and biking and really enjoy both, so I'm coming up with goals in both of those areas, as well as in nutrition (re: aggressively slash both costs and sodium intake). You can check out my epic backstory here if you're interested: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/85018-new-adventurer-reporting-for-duty/

I completed my first Beginner Bodyweight Workout Challenge yesterday and absolutely cannot move today ... and am halfway through the first checkpoint on my Epic Quest. I have little to my credit besides exuberance, curiosity, and a love to learn; but even though I'm only on my first step, I'm determined to set and achieve my goals!

I'm enjoying browsing the Forums and getting acquainted with all you awesome people!

• Like 4

Hi Rangers.

I'm looking for my first class and from reading the comments I think you might be right for me.

About me: 30, F, 163cm, SW 111kg, CW 105kg, GW 90kg

I have 2 obstacle courses to participate in within the next 8 months. My goal is to build functional body strength (to pull myself over the obstacles / climb ropes), increase stamina, be able to jog 5km (as both courses are 5km long) and through all that drop weight.

Currently I go to bootcamp once a week where I do boxing and then core workouts. Gym twice a week where I focus mainly on strength training (lifting weights, jumping on blocks, medicine ball squats etc), go for 2 long walks a week outside as well as yoga twice a week.

What drew me here over the Assassins is that crossfit members tend to lean towards the rangers and I think that some of those skills may be transferable to obstacle courses.

What do you think? Am I a fit for the Rangers? Or am I better suited to the Assassins? 

• Like 3

@SkyGirl, you will find plenty of people with the Rangers to assist you on your journey :D welcome!

@3inches lots of people doing obstacle courses with us as well, and everyone is a fit for the Rangers :D 

Looking forward to seeing both of you in our forums!

• Like 3

@SkyGirl: Biking, lifting Bodyweight workout, that's sounds like a Rangerbrain (TM) to me! A hardy welcome on the ranger train!

@3inches: OCR jog bootcamp strength training oow yeah! I'm doing some OCR lifting jogging and the occasional Bodyweight exercise myself.

Both grab a tankard of mead and join us in the "Curved bow and leaky tankard" our guildhall over at the "current 4 week challenge - Rangers" section. Since 0-week is approaching (the week between challenges) also be on the lookout when the new forum comes up. Have a happy stay with all these fine fine Rangers!

• Like 3

Not sure if I'll make it back to the forums for this challenge, depends on when I get internet hooked up  now that I finally got moved to my new permanent place.  But now I'll move back from solely warrior-esque training and start adding some more rangerly activities.  I have my bike ready to go, a 12lb hammer with a massive tire to abuse, and finally a safe place to take my animal companion out without being right on a highway.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Björn Járnhamar said:

Not sure if I'll make it back to the forums for this challenge, depends on when I get internet hooked up  now that I finally got moved to my new permanent place.  But now I'll move back from solely warrior-esque training and start adding some more rangerly activities.  I have my bike ready to go, a 12lb hammer with a massive tire to abuse, and finally a safe place to take my animal companion out without being right on a highway.

Welcome To the Ranger Corps. Be sure to check out the guildhall in the new challenge forums even if you decide to wait till next time to do a challenge thread. Congrats on finding a new place.

• Like 1

I love seeing all the new additions to the Ranger guild! Welcome everyone and I look forward to making each one of you laugh at some point ;)

Wolf

"Maximum Effort"

• Like 1

I look forward to making each one of you laugh at some point ;)

Oow and you will!

You should really stop posting all those swanky selfies :P  ;)

deadpool_selfie_by_arnix-d9w1axe.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome To the Ranger Corps. Be sure to check out the guildhall in the new challenge forums even if you decide to wait till next time to do a challenge thread. Congrats on finding a new place.

I did a couple challenges with the rangers under the name Doc Viking, I moved and am changing up my training style so I opted for a new name when I returned to the forums.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Björn Járnhamar said:

I did a couple challenges with the rangers under the name Doc Viking, I moved and am changing up my training style so I opted for a new name when I returned to the forums.

I'm surprised Tank missed the Doodlie avatar image :D

• Like 2

I recognized the avatar, but couldn't place the old name, when you get a challenge up I'll follow for the biking and hammering - my two favorite activities.

• Like 1

I am making my choice to be a ranger. I am a Scottish Highland Games competitor(I throw heavy things), who works our primarily with kettlebells. When not being manly in a kilt I prefer soccer. Just got back from Grandfather Mountain and will be spending more time outdoors with the wife.

• Like 5

On 7/14/2016 at 2:42 PM, Cast Iron Ken said:

Just got back from Grandfather Mountain

I spent a few summers there growing up! Welcome. I may pick your brain about kettlebells someday. Don't know what's keeping me from plunging in, honestly.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2016 at 10:46 PM, Traxex said:

I spent a few summers there growing up! Welcome. I may pick your brain about kettlebells someday. Don't know what's keeping me from plunging in, honestly.

Before I went to the mountain, I finally read "Simple and Sinister" by Pavel. Before I was trying to program aggressively, using too much chalk, etc. and found that I was constantly ripping my hands and took longer to recover. When I got back I adopted the program outlined in the book with two exceptions for myself. Instead of doing swings everyday, I alternate between swings and snatches. The other being instead of the stretches he outlines for post workout, I do 10-15 minutes of yoga post workout. 

I will be more than happy to help with any questions that you may have. 

• Like 2