• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CalvinHobbes

Thinking about joining the Rangers?! We'd love to have you!

As a teen swimmer who got into crossfit (conditioning, strength and gymnastics/bodyweight) a while back and has tried both yoga and tricking (go ninja go!) before taking up Muay Thai classes a couple of weeks ago, I welcome you to the Rangers and wonder if we're the same person. B)

We are now in the middle of the final week of the current challenge, which will be followed by a 1 week break before getting into the next one, so use that time to familiarize yourself with the boards, check out some threads and hook up with people. Here's a sample that can help you map out your first challenge and here's the General Chat for the Rangers, come say hi!

• Like 1

I'm new here but Ranger sounds right.  

I've been a runner for years.  Want to cut back from marathon distance to 10k and half marathons just due to training time requirements. I've got a half and a 10 k in November.  I'm going to keep up my current training schedule until then.  Then I have another half - in Inverness, Scotland!!!- in March.  I'll reset my training plan around Thanksgiving to start gearing up for that one. So my endurance is pretty much laid out for the next 6 months.  

New quest is to get stronger.  I did cross fit in the past and enjoyed it but don't have a box near me now.  Found a great garage gym type of place and start my heavy lifting there today. Committed to following through on at least 2x week until the end of the year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Disnutt said:

I'm new here but Ranger sounds right.  

I've been a runner for years.  Want to cut back from marathon distance to 10k and half marathons just due to training time requirements. I've got a half and a 10 k in November.  I'm going to keep up my current training schedule until then.  Then I have another half - in Inverness, Scotland!!!- in March.  I'll reset my training plan around Thanksgiving to start gearing up for that one. So my endurance is pretty much laid out for the next 6 months.  

New quest is to get stronger.  I did cross fit in the past and enjoyed it but don't have a box near me now.  Found a great garage gym type of place and start my heavy lifting there today. Committed to following through on at least 2x week until the end of the year.

This is great! Sounds like you will fit right in with the rangers - we have a bunch of runners, heavy lifters, and cross fitters amongst us!  We had a four week challenge start on Monday if you want to jump in on that, it's definitely not too late.  We can help keep you accountable in terms of your goal to lift 2x/week and following your running training plan.  Let me know if you want any help setting one up or have any questions at all! Welcome to the Rebellion! :D

• Like 1

Just now, Raxie said:

This is great! Sounds like you will fit right in with the rangers - we have a bunch of runners, heavy lifters, and cross fitters amongst us!  We had a four week challenge start on Monday if you want to jump in on that, it's definitely not too late.  We can help keep you accountable in terms of your goal to lift 2x/week and following your running training plan.  Let me know if you want any help setting one up or have any questions at all! Welcome to the Rebellion! :D

I would like some help and would like to get in on the challenge.  Not sure where to look next.

I am new also - I was a runner and cyclist, dabbled in cross fit, former SCA heavy fighter - then health problems got in the way (9 surgeries in 2 years).  I am older & fatter now, but am slowly starting back again.  I like the ranger idea as I value endurance and strength.  I'm too new to getting fit to start a challenge - but it seems finding a guild home is a start.

• Like 2

@Disnutt If you want to get started here are some shortcuts:

Ranger forums

How to create a NF challenge (guidelines no rules)

Info on challenges and classes

@flpiper and you found a great home, you can use the same links as i suggested to disnutt. Think you will fit in quite nicely in the rangers. If you feel like just start a challenge and people will stop by! Easy as that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flpiper said:

I am new also - I was a runner and cyclist, dabbled in cross fit, former SCA heavy fighter - then health problems got in the way (9 surgeries in 2 years).  I am older & fatter now, but am slowly starting back again.  I like the ranger idea as I value endurance and strength.  I'm too new to getting fit to start a challenge - but it seems finding a guild home is a start.

You sound like a great fit for the Rangers too!  We are all about endurance and strength, and basically "all the things".  Welcome aboard!

29 minutes ago, Disnutt said:

I would like some help and would like to get in on the challenge.  Not sure where to look next.

(this is for both of you)

Go on over to our 4 week challenge board and make yourself a challenge! Basically, lay out what you plan to do for the next four week to help you achieve your goals. 

Here are some answers to FAQs and Sample challenges if you're stuck.

And don't forget to stop in and say hi in our Guild Hall (just a place to chat!) if you feel so inclined :D

Feel free to ask any questions here or PM me if you would like.

HAPPY RANGERING!

• Like 2

I feel like I'm spamming but I'm really excited to get back into this!

I was really into Nerdfitness about 2 years ago when I started lifting seriously before my wedding. Now, life happened, my wife and I have a 7 month old son and money's too tight for a gym membership. So here I am, ready to learn as much as I can about bodyweight fitness and yoga. Hopefully I'm in the right spot.

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with accountability as well as programming. Right now I'm doing the reddit bodyweightfitness recommended routine as well as the doyouyoga 30 day men's yoga program. Does anyone have any experience with these programs, or know of something that might be more effective? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Eric

• Like 2

On 10-11-2016 at 0:20 AM, ericdohrman said:

I feel like I'm spamming but I'm really excited to get back into this!

I was really into Nerdfitness about 2 years ago when I started lifting seriously before my wedding. Now, life happened, my wife and I have a 7 month old son and money's too tight for a gym membership. So here I am, ready to learn as much as I can about bodyweight fitness and yoga. Hopefully I'm in the right spot.

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with accountability as well as programming. Right now I'm doing the reddit bodyweightfitness recommended routine as well as the doyouyoga 30 day men's yoga program. Does anyone have any experience with these programs, or know of something that might be more effective? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Eric

Welcome back Eric!

Nerdfitness also has some BWW posts... let me see...

Beginner Body Weight Workout (BBWW)

and the

Advanced Body Weight Workout (ABWW)

Never did any Yoga (that i know of). So can't help you there! Also i know there are a lot of Assassins who are doing a mix of Bodyweight stuff and Yoga, you could have a look over there.

On 10-11-2016 at 7:53 PM, Amberwharsh said:

I always play the stealthy elf in elder scrolls games but I think it would be LEGIT to have a well rounded functional strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, well, i did, when i just had a minor RangerBrain™ infection. A well rounder strength means you have to do everything, that's the way we like it here! Feel very welcomed!

• Like 2

I'm having trouble finding the "challenges" section on the talkatap app.

That can be a little confusing. I'll get some screen shots and brb.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

1b2ff2a1af146865b3145fcbae7e7d8d.jpg

Home page. Click 4 week challenges

87ef3728a8114cff2d63cbcadf5e76fb.jpg

Click current challenge

f3d1f11808dd0110a863d543a925b659.jpg

Rangers

d7a65752a18e77d5a30e2d7d3a9d30f8.jpg

Clicking stickies will take you to the guild hall and mini and everything

• Like 1

1b2ff2a1af146865b3145fcbae7e7d8d.jpg

Home page. Click 4 week challenges

87ef3728a8114cff2d63cbcadf5e76fb.jpg

Click current challenge

f3d1f11808dd0110a863d543a925b659.jpg

Rangers

d7a65752a18e77d5a30e2d7d3a9d30f8.jpg

Clicking stickies will take you to the guild hall and mini and everything

Yea. When I go to click on it I just end back up at the home page. Not sure if it's a glitch or what.

When you go to click on which one? Sometimes a force stop helps

I think I figured it out. I closed out of everything and restarted my phone.

I'm not sure we're still doing the form?

You're welcome to start whenever you feel comfortable. Start now do a partial challenge. Wait Do a full. It's YOUR challenge. Make it so

• Like 2

Hi all. Looking to join up. I love running (barefoot-style) really far and lifting (traditional) really heavy. My favorite training regime is hitting the gym early morning and running late at night. Typical training distance is 10km, but I have been known to run 5k's for time. My best distance is 20km, completed in just under two hours.  My favorite day of the week is back day, and my favorite lift is the deadlift. I hate CrossFit with a passion. Do I fit in here?

• Like 4

On 11/23/2016 at 2:05 AM, handymanning said:

Hi all. Looking to join up. I love running (barefoot-style) really far and lifting (traditional) really heavy. My favorite training regime is hitting the gym early morning and running late at night. Typical training distance is 10km, but I have been known to run 5k's for time. My best distance is 20km, completed in just under two hours.  My favorite day of the week is back day, and my favorite lift is the deadlift. I hate CrossFit with a passion. Do I fit in here?

You most certainly do. Not all rangers Crossfit, though the ones that do are good at it. A lot of us just focus on more than one thing at a time, we call it RangerBrain. Deadlifts are celebrated here, they once cured a headache for me.

• Like 2

On 23-11-2016 at 9:05 AM, handymanning said:

A running Warrior or a lifting Scout, you'll fit in here just nicely! Started my career with running, doing more lifting at the moment. On the verge of signing up for Crossfit. You'll follow ;) 

• Like 2