• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CalvinHobbes

Thinking about joining the Rangers?! We'd love to have you!

On 11/23/2016 at 3:05 AM, handymanning said:

Hi all. Looking to join up. I love running (barefoot-style) really far and lifting (traditional) really heavy. My favorite training regime is hitting the gym early morning and running late at night. Typical training distance is 10km, but I have been known to run 5k's for time. My best distance is 20km, completed in just under two hours.  My favorite day of the week is back day, and my favorite lift is the deadlift. I hate CrossFit with a passion. Do I fit in here?

I'm a distance running ranger, so feel free to drop me a line if you like. Do you run actually barefoot or in vibrams or some other minimalist shoes? There are definitely others around the threads who would be interested in hearing about your experiences.

Hello! :flustered:

I'm brand new (day 3 since signing up for Nerd Fitness Academy)! I really want to be a Ranger - how do I join? How do I sign up for challenges? Or are all the challenges self-made (like the video tutorial shows on 4-week challenges)?

Thanks,

Tiera :beaten:

13 hours ago, Tierajade said:

Hello! :flustered:

I'm brand new (day 3 since signing up for Nerd Fitness Academy)! I really want to be a Ranger - how do I join? How do I sign up for challenges? Or are all the challenges self-made (like the video tutorial shows on 4-week challenges)?

Thanks,

Tiera :beaten:

Welcome to the Rebellion and the Ranger Corps. The video tutorial is exactly where I was going to send you, just follow what it says on there and put your challenge in the Ranger's guild. Posting your challenge thread is all you have to do, there is no other sign up sheet for the challenges.

On 3-12-2016 at 7:11 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Posting your challenge thread is all you have to do, there is no other sign up sheet for the challenges.

And some of us nutcases will wander in your challenge and will encourage you for:

D1kobMj.gif

• Like 5

Greetings! Fresh meat here looking for a guild.

At the moment I'm focused on finishing C25K but I also want to branch out into basic weight training and yoga.

Other than that I'm also involved with visual and performing arts.

Would you say that this is the guild for me?

• Like 3

I'd say find a group that feels like home, but it seems like you are wanting to do cardio and strength training.  I think that fits in with the rangers :D

What sort of visual and performing arts do you do?

• Like 1

Hello every! I'm new to the forums and I'm looking to join the Rangers.

Currently I mountain bike, practice Judo, and enjoy some good old fashioned body-weight training with a bit of lifting.

Mountain biking is fairly new to me. started little more then a year and a half ago, however since that time it has become my favorite activity to do during the spring, summer, and fall. Mix that with some camping and I have a weekend of paradise. Judo is also something I have recently returned to. Practiced judo back in college about 8 years ago and after i started doing more to be active I decided it was time to find a club and start going again. As for body weight and lifting, well that is something I have loved to do since I was 15 (minus about 4 or 5 years)

At one time when I returned to working out I wanted to be a jacked body builder, but as I have become more active in my life I realized I prefer the idea of functional jacked. I want my body to be able to play about any sport or activity that i choose when I want to.

I'm currently working on setting up my goals for the next 4 week challenge and I have just started participating in Heroes Rising. I look forward to my future adventures with the Rangers!

Pericles 

• Like 2

Apparently I never did this bit, I just jumped straight to joining the rangers! I just completed my first 4 week challenge, and gained some good takeaways about myself. I'm suiting up to do the second challenge as well. (For those of you who like Warehouse 13, my challenges are artifact themed.)

1x04-Claudia-warehouse-13-14801059-312-1

Currently I take a yoga class three or four times a month. In the spring and the fall I practice rugby once a week, and play in games when I am rostered. I also have roller derby bootcamp weekly, but generally I only attend one to three practices a month. This is due in large part to my laziness.

tumblr_lzzo5mbgWH1qhy6c9o1_r1_400.gif

I'm looking for three things: flexibility, cardio/endurance and strength. My plan is yoga for flexibility, cardio (possibly rowing?) for endurance (I HATE DISTANCE RUNNING), and weight (barbell or bodyweight) for power. (Embodied below by my favorite outer senshi!)

2285a9ad09b1d3d09f82067b6926c3c9.jpg

I look forward to hunting down artifacts, and fighting creatures from the Negaverse in my battle to become my best self!

Edited by Vaereyes
Original gif of outer senshi hurt my face.
  • Like 3

I'm interested in joining the Rangers. I'm new to the Academy and am excited to make some positive fitness changes in my life. I don't think I can ever say that I've been fit but that will change this year. I want a good mix of strength and stamina to keep up with the kids.

I'm running a pretty strict Paleo diet and did my first "Boss Battle" this week to advance from lvl 3 to lvl 4. There's a gym at my work but it's tough to find time to get there balancing home (with kids) and work, so late night (10 PM) body weight workouts are the  way forward currently for me.

Tell me more about the Rangers and how they work within the forums, challenges, meetups, etc.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, profasee said:

I'm interested in joining the Rangers. I'm new to the Academy and am excited to make some positive fitness changes in my life. I don't think I can ever say that I've been fit but that will change this year. I want a good mix of strength and stamina to keep up with the kids.

I'm running a pretty strict Paleo diet and did my first "Boss Battle" this week to advance from lvl 3 to lvl 4. There's a gym at my work but it's tough to find time to get there balancing home (with kids) and work, so late night (10 PM) body weight workouts are the  way forward currently for me.

Tell me more about the Rangers and how they work within the forums, challenges, meetups, etc.

Welcome to the Ranger corps. We're about to start the last week of a 4 week challenge right now, the next one will begin March 19. Check out this link to see a step by step guide on how to do challenges, as you click down the numbers on the left side of the screen you'll get plenty of info.

On 4-3-2017 at 3:11 PM, profasee said:

There's a gym at my work but it's tough to find time to get there balancing home (with kids) and work, so late night (10 PM) body weight workouts are the  way forward currently for me.

Welcome to the advanced version of RangerBrain™.

RangerBrain™ is a condition which makes people want to do more than they are capable of. The advanced version of RangerBrain™ is when an all-over-the-place-Ranger next to having a shortage of time to do everything he/she wants to do also has kids and try to juggle around this extra hurdle.

But thankfully you are not alone, there are quite some Rangers that do this in a day to day life.

Glad to have ya aboard!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor crazy train gif

• Like 1

Hello Rangers!  I am an Assassin at heart, and have done all of my challenges with them (except for my first one), but I'm considering doing my next challenge with one of the other guilds.  I'm trying to figure out if it would be a better fit here or with the Warriors.  If I give some background on my goals and plan, can you give me some advice?

I play roller derby.  My league is starting to get ready for our season, and I have just recently become eligible to bout with them.  Things you need to play derby well: strength, endurance, explosive power, and agility (and a fair bit of hip flexibility helps here, too, for fancy stuff).

I'm planning to be training with a focus on improving my performance in my sport.  I'm going to practice a couple times a week right now, and I've just started lifting weights with a trainer.  I'm going to attempt to add in some running to try to improve my endurance, and some yoga to work on my flexibility, but that might not happen in the next challenge.  I'm also working on cleaning up my diet so I can hopefully drop some fat.  Part of me really wants to focus on that, but I am starting to think that maybe I should focus on performance and let my BF% do whatever.

Is the Ranger guild a good place to hang out with that kind of plan?  I'm sure it is to be talking about the running, and maybe the weight lifting, which are pretty new to me, but not sure how much the other goals fit.

• Like 3